Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Welcoming refugees. Well done Brits!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
i think youll find when it is being run by criminal gangs running people across the channel in brand new inflatables ....it's illegal

Would it not be that the operation is illegal but the refugee passengers are doing nothing illegal? That would be my take on it.

Also I would imagine that the nations listed on the link are listed as what the territory is now called. Would have avoided confusion by stating as such. But seems pretty much common sense and anyone who was looking at the table of nations without any agenda would concede that is very likely the case.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Would it not be that the operation is illegal but the refugee passengers are doing nothing illegal? That would be my take on it.

Also I would imagine that the nations listed on the link are listed as what the territory is now called. Would have avoided confusion by stating as such. But seems pretty much common sense and anyone who was looking at the table of nations without any agenda would concede that is very likely the case.

So are we right to assume that people don't have an issue with refugees per se, just how they got here?

So we have some common ground in that we should provide safer means for them to get here

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
So are we right to assume that people don't have an issue with refugees per se, just how they got here?

So we have some common ground in that we should provide safer means for them to get here

I think we can all agree that they’re going to come so we may as well try and make it less perilous. Nobody wants to be picking dead children out of the channel.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009

If the refugee passengers didn’t pay money for the illegal operation, the illegal operation would not exist. That’s the essential point with all prohibitions, all the while there is a customer there will be an illegal supply.

On the other point you can imagine away, it won’t change historical fact. It’s more confusing when people try to overlay imaginative fictions over historical facts so that they fit an agenda.

It’s little wonder people like you are left confused when the modern day myths are washed away, let the historical facts speak for themselves, the truth is usually more interesting than the fiction.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
west coast of Eire used to give fresh food to the german u-boats. Lets face it England had been generally unhelpful to the Irish historically.

No doubt, and there are a lot of legitimate grievances from the Irish, however I guess at some point things need to move on.

Wanting to beat England at sport is one thing, providing sanctuary to Nazi war criminals after ww2 quite another.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
If the refugee passengers didn’t pay money for the illegal operation, the illegal operation would not exist. That’s the essential point with all prohibitions, all the while there is a customer there will be an illegal supply.

On the other point you can imagine away, it won’t change historical fact. It’s more confusing when people try to overlay imaginative fictions over historical facts so that they fit an agenda.

It’s little wonder people like you are left confused when the modern day myths are washed away, let the historical facts speak for themselves, the truth is usually more interesting than the fiction.

But that doesn’t make the refugee a criminal anymore than a Jew paying to be smuggled out of occupied Europe could be classed a criminal by any fair system .

As for your historical facts, apart from adding your own layer of bias, you have achieved nought and have certainly not dispelled any “myths”.
It’s obvious to anyone looking at that table that they are using modern day place names for describe who would have come from the respectively named nation at the time.
Of course they should state that so as to avoid people like yourself putting their own interpretation on it.

I have seen you approach all subjects with an anti-immigration bias and that’s why you end up getting things drastically wrong.
Of course there would have been many nations aboard, no matter how they were recruited, the result is the same; a multicultural crew.
Just because the territory now known as Germany hasn’t been listed by its former name on a particular websit, you’re claiming that as solid evidence the ship wasn’t as multicultural as historians claim.

I’m a layman when it comes to history but a keen one. My reading, audible and podcast lists will attest to that. No, I’m not confused. I am sometimes unaware of facts and so I turn to historians to enlighten me. I find it to be more reliable than a xenophobic poster (that’s you) on a football forum whose main agenda is anti-foreigner and who approaches every subject with a closed mind and a ridiculous spin to suit his narrative

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
http://pembrokeshire-herald.com/617...-skate-park-after-men-approached-young-girls/

Extra police patrols at Tenby skate park after ‘men approached young girls

CONCERNED locals in Tenby have taken to social media to write about concerns of inappropriate behaviour – between males they think may have been asylum seekers currently housed at Penally Army Camp – and young girls in Tenby.

The police have said they are investigating the matter.

Witnesses have said that young girls have been approached by males while at the skate park in Tenby.

The Home Office has said that the camp will be used to house up to 250 male asylum seekers whilst their claims are processed due to a shortage of alternative accommodation, caused by the coronavirus pandemic.

Reports circulating on Facebook have claimed to have direct knowledge that male residents of the camp have been talking and exchanging contact information with local school girls, some suggesting that they were in school uniform when talking with the men.

However, the police have not confirmed that that is the case – it remains an unproved allegation.

One local claimed on Facebook: “So tonight a few of us concerned local parents decided to go to Tenby skate park.

“As we got there two young girls where sat on a bench waiting for someone.

“Some kids told us they were the ones talking to the men yesterday exchanging Snap Chat details and stuff.

Then the men from the day before turned up… saw us and scurried off down the beach.

“The two girls then quickly wandered off.

“These girls were about 14.”

One resident had stated that they had reported the incidents he had seen and heard to the local police station, he claimed that an officer told him they were in talks with Greenhill School about the incidents.

Pembrokeshire County Council said that they are unable to comment on the alleged incidents, however a spokesman told The Herald in a statement: “All I would say is that our schools regularly advise pupils not to engage with strangers.”

Dyfed-Powys Police confirmed they are investigating two alleged incidents at the skate park, and have been in contact with the local schools.

A police spokesperson told The Pembrokeshire Herald: “We have received two reports of alleged inappropriate behaviour at the skate park in Tenby and are looking to speak to the people who contacted us.
“In the meantime the skate park is now part of our patrol plans and we have linked in with local schools to reinforce the School Beat Stay SMART online messaging.”

Jan 30, 2008
http://pembrokeshire-herald.com/617...-skate-park-after-men-approached-young-girls/

CONCERNED locals in Tenby have taken to social media to write about concerns of inappropriate behaviour – between males they think may have been asylum seekers currently housed at Penally Army Camp – and young girls in Tenby.

Witnesses have said that young girls have been approached by males while at the skate park in Tenby.

The Home Office has said that the camp will be used to house up to 250 male asylum seekers whilst their claims are processed due to a shortage of alternative accommodation, caused by the coronavirus pandemic.

Reports circulating on Facebook have claimed to have direct knowledge that male residents of the camp have been talking and exchanging contact information with local school girls, some suggesting that they were in school uniform when talking with the men.

However, the police have not confirmed that that is the case – it remains an unproved allegation.

One local claimed on Facebook: “So tonight a few of us concerned local parents decided to go to Tenby skate park.

“Some kids told us they were the ones talking to the men yesterday exchanging Snap Chat details and stuff.

Then the men from the day before turned up… saw us and scurried off down the beach.

One resident had stated that they had reported the incidents he had seen and heard to the local police station, he claimed that an officer told him they were in talks with Greenhill School about the incidents.

Pembrokeshire County Council said that they are unable to comment on the alleged incidents, however a spokesman told The Herald in a statement: “All I would say is that our schools regularly advise pupils not to engage with strangers.”

Dyfed-Powys Police confirmed they are investigating two alleged incidents at the skate park, and have been in contact with the local schools.

A police spokesperson told The Pembrokeshire Herald: “We have received two reports of alleged inappropriate behaviour at the skate park in Tenby and are looking to speak to the people who contacted us.
“In the meantime the skate park is now part of our patrol plans and we have linked in with local schools to reinforce the School Beat Stay SMART online messaging.”

And the right ons still have no issue with this :rant:
Regards
DF

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
But that doesn’t make the refugee a criminal anymore than a Jew paying to be smuggled out of occupied Europe could be classed a criminal by any fair system .

As for your historical facts, apart from adding your own layer of bias, you have achieved nought and have certainly not dispelled any “myths”.
It’s obvious to anyone looking at that table that they are using modern day place names for describe who would have come from the respectively named nation at the time.
Of course they should state that so as to avoid people like yourself putting their own interpretation on it.

I have seen you approach all subjects with an anti-immigration bias and that’s why you end up getting things drastically wrong.
Of course there would have been many nations aboard, no matter how they were recruited, the result is the same; a multicultural crew.
Just because the territory now known as Germany hasn’t been listed by its former name on a particular websit, you’re claiming that as solid evidence the ship wasn’t as multicultural as historians claim.

I’m a layman when it comes to history but a keen one. My reading, audible and podcast lists will attest to that. No, I’m not confused. I am sometimes unaware of facts and so I turn to historians to enlighten me. I find it to be more reliable than a xenophobic poster (that’s you) on a football forum whose main agenda is anti-foreigner and who approaches every subject with a closed mind and a ridiculous spin to suit his narrative

1) if the U.K. is to have a fair refugee system then those that have money should not be able to push in front of those that don’t. The indulgement by the press and establishment of those who have the wherewithal to get across the channel via criminal gangs is contemptible. As is the whole system as it is currently operating.

2) people that came from Britain in 1805 cannot be multicultural, so that means the English, Scots, Irish, Welsh, Americans, Canadians and Manx (to use the links references) serving were culturally the same bar Catholicism on HMS Victory

3) those that came from other European countries now incorporated into newer nations or that have since disappeared, were arguably more “multicultural” but they ate the same food, worshipped the same God and would have behaved culturally similar to their peers.

If anything the crew of the HMS victory was homogenous, not multicultural, and the fact they served in the conditions they did meant they all took the same risks. There were no interpreters or dietary difference and no doubt there was racism and sectarianism.

Pointing to 22 nations and leveraging in multiculturalism as it exists today is a lie, they had more in common than there was difference.

That

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009

It seems like they are assimilating well, they know know cares about these girls plus they won’t get thrown out out even if convicted of rape.

Nothing will change till they start raping the girls at Roedean and Beneden.

Plus ca change.

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018

On its own it doesn't sound good. But...

First of all, how old are the males that have been talking to the girls?

Secondly, what is the evidence that the men are asylum seekers. At the moment this appears to be just Facebook rumour. "males they think came from"

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
1) if the U.K. is to have a fair refugee system then those that have money should not be able to push in front of those that don’t. The indulgement by the press and establishment of those who have the wherewithal to get across the channel via criminal gangs is contemptible. As is the whole system as it is currently operating.

2) people that came from Britain in 1805 cannot be multicultural, so that means the English, Scots, Irish, Welsh, Americans, Canadians and Manx (to use the links references) serving were culturally the same bar Catholicism on HMS Victory

3) those that came from other European countries now incorporated into newer nations or that have since disappeared, were arguably more “multicultural” but they ate the same food, worshipped the same God and would have behaved culturally similar to their peers.

If anything the crew of the HMS victory was homogenous, not multicultural, and the fact they served in the conditions they did meant they all took the same risks. There were no interpreters or dietary difference and no doubt there was racism and sectarianism.

Pointing to 22 nations and leveraging in multiculturalism as it exists today is a lie, they had more in common than there was difference.

That

The Scots, Welsh, and Irish, would not claim to be culturally the same as the English.

You seem to suggest that Americans are all English, Scottish, Welsh, or Irish. People from countries all over Europe settled in America.

Canada, there is a reason that French is spoken there.

Your view of culture is very very simplistic.
You've suggested that America and all of Europe have the exact same culture because they eat the same food. Do you believe English food is the same as French, Italian, or German?

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
The Scots, Welsh, and Irish, would not claim to be culturally the same as the English.

You seem to suggest that Americans are all English, Scottish, Welsh, or Irish. People from countries all over Europe settled in America.

Canada, there is a reason that French is spoken there.

Your view of culture is very very simplistic.
You've suggested that America and all of Europe have the exact same culture because they eat the same food. Do you believe English food is the same as French, Italian, or German?

You are demonstrating exactly the kind of muddle headed thinking I am talking about.

On HMS victory in 1805 do you think the Welsh/Scots/Irish crew spoke only welsh and Gaelic or were they all speaking English? Otherwise in 1805 what are the cultural differences between the Scots Irish welsh Manx manifesting themselves on that ship?

The US contingent would likely be either pressed men or volunteers.....the RN as a policy pressed US citizens if from merchant ships if they considered them British, it was a policy that contributed to a war in 1812 between the US and GB.

Canada didn’t exist, they would have been British the french from Canada would have served in the enemy fleet that was defeated at Trafalgar.

There’s the rub Grizzler.......what was happening in 1805 is profoundly different to 2020, best stick to the facts.

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
Your problem is your simple notion of culture. It has changed from we all eat food to we all talk the same language. Culture is more than that. The further back in time we go, the greater the difference in culture of the countries that form these Isles.

Whether or not they were pressed or volunteered doesn't really matter. They came from a different cultural backgrounds.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
No doubt, and there are a lot of legitimate grievances from the Irish, however I guess at some point things need to move on.

Wanting to beat England at sport is one thing, providing sanctuary to Nazi war criminals after ww2 quite another.
Agreed , i am proud of my heritage , i have done nothing wrong to make me otherwise.....i have looked at history and made conclusions , it's not about the man in the street and never has been .:cheers:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

in essence its an illegal transaction , in practicality it's a dangerous undertaking , in reality its a pain in the arse.........and as far as the rest of it goes ......what..??

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

That

I think you have got this quite wrong and are coming at it with the attitude of “don’t start digging around in history, everyone that didn’t anything of note was British white”. I don’t think truth or the correction of history to reflect that, interests you. In short, the multicultural history of Britain threatens you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here