Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Welcoming refugees. Well done Brits!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
You might be undecided but it’s a no brainer for me travelling from one safe country to another safe country. I would not fund people smugglers thousands of pounds to be in charge of the safety of my family and let them transport them in death-trap dinghies and the back of lorries where death is a possible outcome.

That’s because you lack a basic understanding and empathy.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Yeah, really empathetic to knowingly put your own family in danger and potential death just to move from the safety of one country to the safety of another country.
Weirdo.

Look, we all know some people risk life and limb for economic reasons. That's a given. And traffickers exploit people who are desperate. That's a given. But you are saying that every single person who risks their life to get the UK are doing so unnecessarily and that is clearly not the case. Ergo, no, you don't seem to understand.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Look, we all know some people risk life and limb for economic reasons. That's a given. And traffickers exploit people who are desperate. That's a given. But you are saying that every single person who risks their life to get the UK are doing so unnecessarily and that is clearly not the case. Ergo, no, you don't seem to understand.

precisely. You cannot get to the UK without travelling through other countries. He should blame the government for not making safe passage, instead they talk of wave machines and acension island

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

It is not necessary to flee a safe country and pay people traffickers to flee that safe country in order to enter the UK, another safe country.

precisely. You cannot get to the UK without travelling through other countries. He should blame the government for not making safe passage, instead they talk of wave machines and acension island

Dimwit troll.
There is a safe passage option in place already for the really vulnerable and needy. The vulnerable schemes used by the UK and other countries in conjunction with the UNHCR already operate. They are not imaginary schemes.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It is not necessary to flee a safe country and pay people traffickers to flee that safe country in order to enter the UK, another safe country.

Dimwit troll.
There is a safe passage option in place already for the really vulnerable and needy. The vulnerable schemes used by the UK and other countries in conjunction with the UNHCR already operate. They are not imaginary schemes.

I know you're not stupid so you are either incredibly naive or just having a bit of a stir. Either way, goodnight.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
People seem to have this idea that people traffickers and modern day slave-masters advertise themselves as such. It's not that simple. They find desperate people, tell them they can set them up with a place to stay and a job in the UK. Why not take the family? Make a better life, escape persecution. Get out of this horrible camp where your daughter could be raped going to the bathroom at night.
We arrange it all from the boat trip to the transport in the UK. We arrange it all. Don't believe us? Look, your brother in law did this with us last year, he is happy and settled, you read his letters and talked to him on the phone.
The letters and calls were all made under duress. When he arrived at the "boat" having paid his money and handed over his passport he is forced at gunpoint onto a dinghy, his wife and daughter are put on a separate boat. He likely won't see them again. They will likely never be free from sexual exploitation. He'll likely be forced into unpaid work to pay off the "debt".
He'd better ring his family and tell them all is okay and life is wonderful in the UK or he'll never see his wife again.

I work with some female victims of this. It's an ugly business and many people are forced and tricked into it. So please, don't tell me they are coming from a nice cushty place of safety and risking it all for £37 a week benefit and a cot in a disused barracks that has been declared unfit for human habitation. You haven't the first idea what you're talking about. :thumbsup:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
People seem to have this idea that people traffickers and modern day slave-masters advertise themselves as such. It's not that simple. They find desperate people, tell them they can set them up with a place to stay and a job in the UK. Why not take the family? Make a better life, escape persecution. Get out of this horrible camp where your daughter could be raped going to the bathroom at night.
We arrange it all from the boat trip to the transport in the UK. We arrange it all. Don't believe us? Look, your brother in law did this with us last year, he is happy and settled, you read his letters and talked to him on the phone.
The letters and calls were all made under duress. When he arrived at the "boat" having paid his money and handed over his passport he is forced at gunpoint onto a dinghy, his wife and daughter are put on a separate boat. He likely won't see them again. They will likely never be free from sexual exploitation. He'll likely be forced into unpaid work to pay off the "debt".
He'd better ring his family and tell them all is okay and life is wonderful in the UK or he'll never see his wife again.

I work with some female victims of this. It's an ugly business and many people are forced and tricked into it. So please, don't tell me they are coming from a nice cushty place of safety and risking it all for £37 a week benefit and a cot in a disused barracks that has been declared unfit for human habitation. You haven't the first idea what you're talking about. :thumbsup:

If you are already in a safe country it is not necessary to flee that safe country and move through other safe countries and flee those safe countries as well. using people traffickers, in order to end up in the UK.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
If you are already in a safe country it is not necessary to flee that safe country and move through other safe countries and flee those safe countries as well. using people traffickers, in order to end up in the UK.

I take it back, it seems you are a bit stupid.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
You already said goodnight. Why are you still loitering?

I became interested.
So, why would someone put their life in the hands of a trafficker to get to the U.K.? Why do you think someone would do that?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I became interested.
So, why would someone put their life in the hands of a trafficker to get to the U.K.? Why do you think someone would do that?

You have not once explained why it is necessary to flee a safe country or sometimes numerous safe countries and attempt to enter the UK illegally using people traffickers when these safe countries have existing procedures in place for processing asylum claims and supplying a safe environment to genuine applicants.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
You have not once explained why it is necessary to flee a safe country or sometimes numerous safe countries and attempt to enter the UK illegally using people traffickers when these safe countries have existing procedures in place for processing asylum claims and supplying a safe environment to genuine applicants.

It might seem very necessary to a man looking after his family .I’ve explained why and how it can happen. Can you explain why you think they do it?

And they’re not entering illegally.

Last edited:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
It might seem very necessary to a man looking after his family .I’ve explained why and how it can happen. Can you explain why you think they do it?

No idea why people who are desperate for a safe space are fleeing France to make an illegal entry into the UK using people traffickers. I would make that application for safety in France or one of the other safe countries i had passed through rather than put that risk of death on my family.
I fully understand why some people try to enter the UK illegally and hope they can get in underacted and remain illegal immigrants working in the black economy. The financial pull must be great. But no one wants illegal immigrants living under the radar with all the associated problems, let alone the fact they are funding human traffickers who are the worst kind of vermin.
You should not confuse people who come here using legitimate immigration methods (who are not seeking asylum) but find themselves having been lied to and placed in servitude or even prostitution. That is not the same as making illegal entry where no permission has been granted to enter or remain.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
No idea why people who are desperate for a safe space are fleeing France to make an illegal entry into the UK using people traffickers. I would make that application for safety in France or one of the other safe countries i had passed through rather than put that risk of death on my family.
I fully understand why some people try to enter the UK illegally and hope they can get in underacted and remain illegal immigrants working in the black economy. The financial pull must be great. But no one wants illegal immigrants living under the radar with all the associated problems, let alone the fact they are funding human traffickers who are the worst kind of vermin.
You should not confuse people who come here using legitimate immigration methods (who are not seeking asylum) but find themselves having been lied to and placed in servitude or even prostitution. That is not the same as making illegal entry where no permission has been granted to enter or remain.

I’m not confused. I think we have a similar understanding of the way it works, give or take.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I’m not confused. I think we have a similar understanding of the way it works, give or take.

Then you should be of the same voice as those who want people trafficking for the purposes of seeking asylum from existing safe countries crushed.
But unfortunately you are not, you are in the `get here however you can` bracket and make your asylum application here ( using people smugglers) rather than make your application in the safe country you are already in.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Then you should be of the same voice as those who want people trafficking for the purposes of seeking asylum from existing safe countries crushed.
But unfortunately you are not, you are in the `get here however you can` bracket and make your asylum application here ( using people smugglers) rather than make your application in the safe country you are already in.

When have I ever said that? You’re so intent to disagree with me that you can’t see when we are in agreement.
My attitude is I’d rather it didn’t happen but it does. And it will never be stopped. Given that, I don’t believe in demonising them when they are here. We are a wealthy nation and can treat people with respect and dignity while we have the duty of care if we choose to.
Yes, they’re safe here while being processed. Does that mean they should endure conditions deemed unfit for humans?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here