Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Welcoming refugees. Well done Brits!

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
is that because you have your head up your date ....?? its an unfortunate fact in the home counties , they are running amok.....and have been for a couple of years .....you carry on mate...:)

because they would put it in the paper wouldn't they.....:rolleyes:

If anyone would, the Daily Fail would, but even they aren't stupid enough to suggest that 69 people were all here to sell cocaine. No one would be that stupid, would they? :)

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
If anyone would, the Daily Fail would, but even they aren't stupid enough to suggest that 69 people were all here to sell cocaine. No one would be that stupid, would they? :)

That's correct , no mention of cocaine selling at all . Just desperate people looking to be reunited with family members and or be free from debts .

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Fabulous news the 69 Albanian refugees arrested on a fishing boat intercepted by border force will be allowed to stay :clap2:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...hiding-fishing-trawler-let-legal-blunder.html

Blunder sees SIXTY-NINE fishing boat migrants 'walk free': Albanians caught hiding in trawler off East Anglia are let off illegal entry charges because they were detained BEFORE setting foot on British soil

download.jpeg

Smirko

Aug 19, 2011
Brighton
Why would their claims be rejected ? Have you read the article ?
Many of them have family members already here and have a right to be reunited with them they , also they have debts in Albania and it would not be safe for them to return anyway .

I've worked in this industry for 18 years on the frontline, believe me Albanians are here for economic reasons, nothing else, and yes they will be removed, it's normally a 'debt' 'family dispute' 'girlfriend of a politician' for their asylum claims. Majority are bogus and rightfully refused and then removed from the UK.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I've worked in this industry for 18 years on the frontline, believe me Albanians are here for economic reasons, nothing else, and yes they will be removed, it's normally a 'debt' 'family dispute' 'girlfriend of a politician' for their asylum claims. Majority are bogus and rightfully refused and then removed from the UK.

Thank you for your service [emoji122]

Jan 30, 2008
Throw in the old chestnut of I'm from Kosovo

Regards
DF

Randy McNob

Jun 13, 2020

I think you're wrong and the tabloids are correct, are you trying to suggest this newspaper would exagerate or run a misleading story?

Jan 30, 2008
I think you're wrong and the tabloids are correct, are you trying to suggest this newspaper would exagerate or run a misleading story?

People like you are happy to sell this country down the river , flakey libralism not required in the UK, it's about time you and your ilk fell in line
Regards
DF

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

In your experience would you say the system works? For those that go through the asylum process I mean? Do the right decisions get made on the whole, do you think?

Randy McNob

Jun 13, 2020
It may have only been only due to a mistake but sometimes things happen for a reason and at the end of the day 69 desperate refugees can live in safety and that is something we can all celebrate surely . .

I was trying point out if you vote liars you get liars and the irony being you vote for a right wing party believing they also dislike immigration when in fact the point of their existence is not to remedy but the toxification of the issue. As long as there is division and resentment and these subject fester they still have a platform so their job is to keep it at the top of the news agenda and sending out the right soundbites. It's no coincidence this has happened only during the current government's watch

As Frankie Boyle said, to dehumanise others is to dehumanise yourself. You want people in power to not give a fig about certain people, those people will not give a fig about you either

Smirko

Aug 19, 2011
Brighton
In your experience would you say the system works? For those that go through the asylum process I mean? Do the right decisions get made on the whole, do you think?

Well nearly 80% of asylum claims are refused first time round, but that doesn't mean that they can't stay or appeal etc, some are granted discretionary leave or other limited leave. Whether you agree with it or not the whole system needs a revamp to bring it up to speed. PA (political asylum) as it is technically called is very difficult to actually claim, its mostly evidence based and also credibility etc, it's easy enough to say you are in danger of your life, proving it is a different matter.

I have deal with many 'claims' of PA and have to say only a very few came across as genuine, most were here for economic reasons and played the asylum system to do so, but if you were that desperate then you would certainly do so. Another issue that's not really raised is the shyster lawyers/legal reps who promise these people that they can get PA or other leave for them or issue appeals etc and charge them thousands for something that invariably is doomed to fail, playing on peoples dreams and aspirations to make a fast buck is reprehensible.

It's easy to judge but i've seen it from both sides and can't say I agree with how the system is set up from any side.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Well nearly 80% of asylum claims are refused first time round, but that doesn't mean that they can't stay or appeal etc, some are granted discretionary leave or other limited leave. Whether you agree with it or not the whole system needs a revamp to bring it up to speed. PA (political asylum) as it is technically called is very difficult to actually claim, its mostly evidence based and also credibility etc, it's easy enough to say you are in danger of your life, proving it is a different matter.

I have deal with many 'claims' of PA and have to say only a very few came across as genuine, most were here for economic reasons and played the asylum system to do so, but if you were that desperate then you would certainly do so. Another issue that's not really raised is the shyster lawyers/legal reps who promise these people that they can get PA or other leave for them or issue appeals etc and charge them thousands for something that invariably is doomed to fail, playing on peoples dreams and aspirations to make a fast buck is reprehensible.

It's easy to judge but i've seen it from both sides and can't say I agree with how the system is set up from any side.

Thank you for such a comprehensive answer. Lots in there and very informative, nice one. Hadn't thought of the legal rep angle. Where there is desperation there is money to be made. Very sad.

Falmer Wizard

Jun 23, 2020
I am very sympathetic for those who have left their home country due to poor treatment however it is upto the United Nations to deal with them, if allowed to stay in this country they will have to be found accommodation, jobs and quite possibe hospital referral which will make our citizens even worse off,in our present situation having to pay back the billions we have borrowed resulting in large tax payments, so we are in no way able to assist unless you are happy for our citizens to suffer.

Jan 30, 2008
I am very sympathetic for those who have left their home country due to poor treatment however it is upto the United Nations to deal with them, if allowed to stay in this country they will have to be found accommodation, jobs and quite possibe hospital referral which will make our citizens even worse off,in our present situation having to pay back the billions we have borrowed resulting in large tax payments, so we are in no way able to assist unless you are happy for our citizens to suffer.

Exactly ,our own people using food banks while illegal migrants get three meals a day an allowance a mobile phone courtesy of the UK tax payer
SEND THEM BACK
Regards
DF

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here