Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Welcoming refugees. Well done Brits!

Jan 30, 2008
How can you help?

Welcome refugees to your community

Community Sponsorship enables local volunteer groups to resettle a refugee family in their neighbourhood. It’s a big commitment, but an incredible way to welcome refugees into your community. Whether it’s made up of your neighbours, friends or colleagues, if your group has got the time, commitment and can raise the necessary funds – you could transform the lives of a refugee family. Find out more about community sponsorship.

Get your university to offer scholarships or bursaries to refugees
Education is a key element of fostering inclusion, boosting employment and enabling people to rebuild their lives. But entering or continuing higher education is a huge challenge for refugees. Worldwide, just 1% of refugee youth make it to university.

In the UK, you can join the campaign for equal access to higher education for refugees and asylum seekers. Many universities already offer home fees, tuition fee waivers, bursaries and scholarships. Make sure you uni does too. There’s a toolkit to get started from Student Action for Refugees.

Share your home with a refugee
Many single refugees who are not viewed as priorities for housing by local authorities – but finding the money for rent and a deposit is out of reach for many people. Because of this, refugees may homelessness and destitution. We can help prevent this. Schemes like Refugees at Home and Room for Refugees connect people with spare rooms in the UK, with refugees and asylum seekers in need of accommodation.

If that has whetted your appetite, find out more. A great resource.....

https://helprefugees.org/news/9-ways-to-help-refugees-without-donating-money/

Whatever leave voters thought they might get from Brexit, I think we can all agree, the financial impact is going to be pretty disastrous. There are those of yo who would love to help but sadly now, simply cannot afford it. This site has some really good, cost free ways you can advocate for and help refugees in your area. Sometimes all it takes is a welcoming smile :)

:timmy:
Regards
DF

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
it is in most countries , there is no money in it.....it's a bottomless pit and there are more mentally ill and damaged people presenting to "the system" every day but the system cannot cope.

Yep. You’re right.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
How can you help?
Schemes like Refugees at Home and Room for Refugees connect people with spare rooms in the UK, with refugees and asylum seekers in need of accommodation.

Bit rich you posting for others to take asylum seekers into their homes when you yourself said you wouldn’t want an asylum seeker living under the same roof as you or loved ones and that they should remain in secure accommodation until processed and verified, (ie no longer asylum seekers but refugees/those with humanitarian assistance)

I wouldn’t want a stranger whose background isn’t yet verified, living under the same roof as me or my loved ones. That’s just common sense.

They should be housed in secure accommodation until they have been assessed and processed.

Just because I’m sympathetic to their situation doesn’t mean I feel obliged to take one into my house.

Any more advice for others you are not willing to do yourself?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Bit rich you posting for others to take asylum seekers into their homes when you yourself said you wouldn’t want an asylum seeker living under the same roof as you or loved ones and that they should remain in secure accommodation until processed and verified, (ie no longer asylum seekers but refugees/those with humanitarian assistance)

Any more advice for others you are not willing to do yourself?

This [emoji23][emoji122][emoji6]

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Is it fair those who care not a jot for the plight their fellow human beings pass moral judgement on others who do?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Whatever one's views on refugees, we can all agree that the children deserve our help. This Christmas spare a thought for the displaced children who had lives like your own children before war destroyed their homes and put their lives at risk.

Would you want someone to help your little one should they be in desperate need?

https://www.worldvision.org.uk/ways-give/make-donation/special-appeal/

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Is it fair those who care not a jot for the plight their fellow human beings pass moral judgment on others who do?

I have him on block but he regularly pops up on any thread I am on and quotes me multiple times (Yes, you can see someone has quoted you even on ignore) presumably to have a go. He has a personal hatred of me that he has trouble keeping in a lid on. I say he because Pasta and Chicken Run are one and the same. He is best ignored.

Luckily there are more people out there who aren't quite as challenged as him and can read the thread and choose to not take part without insulting other people.

The guy has way too much time on his hands and way too many people he stalks on here.

I bet he didn't even mention the topic, just straight in at me? No, he never comments on the subject.

This post will make him apoplectic. You'll get;

You have multiple accounts ( I don't, I used to post under a different name. common knowledge)
You're a liar
You're a weirdo
You don't support BHAFC

and probably other stalkery crap. The man is two wheels short of a bicycle.

He'll post using one of his accounts and, a while later use his other account to back himself up. The chap needs a holiday :thumbsup:

Anyway, that website once again

https://www.worldvision.org.uk/ways-...pecial-appeal/

Jan 30, 2008
British truckers being attacked by illegal migrants in Calais , what do these scumbags have to offer the UK , I'll tell you **** ALL
Regards
DF

Smirko

Aug 19, 2011
Brighton
errr they won't, they won't be prosecuted for the 'illegal entry' contention but once there 'asylum' claims are rejected then they will be removed from the UK.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
errr they won't, they won't be prosecuted for the 'illegal entry' contention but once there 'asylum' claims are rejected then they will be removed from the UK.

Why would their claims be rejected ? Have you read the article ?
Many of them have family members already here and have a right to be reunited with them they , also they have debts in Albania and it would not be safe for them to return anyway .

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Why would their claims be rejected ? Have you read the article ?
Many of them have family members already here and have a right to be reunited with them they , also they have debts in Albania and it would not be safe for them to return anyway .

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Jan 30, 2008
It will save money in the long run, Albanians are now the largest group of foreign nationals in our prisons!!

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/albanians-become-largest-foreign-group-in-prisons-tw7d5rtt6
If only we could Deport them back to Albania, hopefully the new laws passed will allow the UK to stop undesirables with previous convictions from entering the country , unfortunately some of them already in the country are living in tight knit communities of their own kind
Regards
DF

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
If only we could Deport them back to Albania, hopefully the new laws passed will allow the UK to stop undesirables with previous convictions from entering the country , unfortunately some of them already in the country are living in tight knit communities of their own kind
Regards
DF

far better to let them stay in England and sell sniff to our kids .......all good bro...:moo:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Ah, I missed the bit where it said they were all cocaine dealers. How very remiss of me. :dunce:

is that because you have your head up your date ....?? its an unfortunate fact in the home counties , they are running amok.....and have been for a couple of years .....you carry on mate...:)

because they would put it in the paper wouldn't they.....:rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here