Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Welcoming refugees. Well done Brits!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The British Army use Afghans and Nepalese working alongside them, some they left behind to die, but others did get here, live in a hotel, get their claim ratified, start work, pay taxes and then threatened with deportation. This is an evil country. There is no reason for this, except nastiness.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
The British Army use Afghans and Nepalese working alongside them, some they left behind to die, but others did get here, live in a hotel, get their claim ratified, start work, pay taxes and then threatened with deportation. This is an evil country. There is no reason for this, except nastiness.

These are good people who have served the UK well.

They’ll make a positive contribution to UK society.

Instead we deport them to Nepal.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
These are good people who have served the UK well.

They’ll make a positive contribution to UK society.

Instead we deport them to Nepal.
13 of them were Ghurkas. It is shameful

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

The country is decent. The ****s "running" it aren't.

Morally bankrupt. And, yes, some of them are pure evil.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
13 of them were Ghurkas. It is shameful

this is what is so wrong about it all , good people like this deported when thousands of useless and downright nasty people are allowed to stay , the law is an ass ....as you well know.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Wouldn't be surprised if the French turn a blind eye to more channel crossings after this:down:

Carnage in the playground: Syrian refugee stabs a child in its pram in front of screaming mother as four kids aged around three - 'including a Brit' - are knifed in France before police overpower him​

• Witnesses said they saw a man attacking a group of children at a park in Annecy
  • The suspect, identified as Abdalmash H, was subdued at the scene and arrested

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You do realise that not all migrants/asylum seekers are Muslim?
No, he's opted to become thick as he's got older, after a promising start (music posts, passim) which is a shame.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
this is what is so wrong about it all , good people like this deported when thousands of useless and downright nasty people are allowed to stay , the law is an ass ....as you well know.
Well....that's not the case. Hundreds, possibly. But the big numbers are those of talent needed and not allowed into the UK, and the unfilled vacancies. Heart rending interview on the radio today, man lost his wife because of delays in urgent rampant cancer diagnosis and treatment due to staff shortages.

Don't be fooled by the hype.

There will be people in the UK tonight crowing about our strict (ha ha) immigration laws that protected us from a Syrian, knifing kids in France today. The depths of stupidity of people is unplumbable.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Well....that's not the case. Hundreds, possibly. But the big numbers are those of talent needed and not allowed into the UK, and the unfilled vacancies. Heart rending interview on the radio today, man lost his wife because of delays in urgent rampant cancer diagnosis and treatment due to staff shortages.

There will be people in the UK tonight crowing about our strict (ha ha) immigration laws that protected us from a Syrian, knifing kids in France today. The depths of stupidity of people is unplumbable.
It's one of the oddities of the news at the moment how many people are dying because of skills shortages we've self-inflicted and it's hardly mentioned. "Excess deaths", the number we got used to hearing about during the peaks of COVID, are big. The people who know, BHF for example, say it's the impact of delayed treatment, people not being seen early enough, not enough skilled staff etc etc etc. It should be a national emergency having this many dying because of it but instead no one is even talking about it.

This is end of April (look at other weeks and I don't think it's untypical) - above the 5 year average and 1000 non-COVID excess deaths in a week. Potentially 52,000 this year? Crazy it's not an urgent debate.

Last edited:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

so when , how and under what circumstances did it become a thing that English kids stopped training to be doctors ...?? under what system did that become a thing , my daughter does student acceptances for UWA in Perth , she recently proccessed an application for a double honours degree in electrical and mechanical engineering from a young man in Pakistan .....his application was passed with full renumeration from the commonwealth government of australia ....170k ...??!! bit of a slap in the face for the daughter of 2 australian tax payers who is paying over 80k for a law degree out of her own pocket wouldn't you say...??

the system is completely f***ed.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
It's one of the oddities of the news at the moment how many people are dying because of skills shortages we've self-inflicted and it's hardly mentioned. "Excess deaths", the number we got used to hearing about during the peaks of COVID, are big. The people who know, BHF for example, say it's the impact of delayed treatment, people not being seen early enough, not enough skilled staff etc etc etc. It should be a national emergency having this many dying because of it but instead no one is even talking about it.

This is end of April (look at other weeks and I don't think it's untypical) - above the 5 year average and 1000 non-COVID excess deaths in a week. Potentially 52,000 this year? Crazy it's not an urgent debate.

lets ignore vaccine related deaths then ....ffs....:rolleyes:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
so when , how and under what circumstances did it become a thing that English kids stopped training to be doctors ...?? under what system did that become a thing , my daughter does student acceptances for UWA in Perth , she recently proccessed an application for a double honours degree in electrical and mechanical engineering from a young man in Pakistan .....his application was passed with full renumeration from the commonwealth government of australia ....170k ...??!! bit of a slap in the face for the daughter of 2 australian tax payers who is paying over 80k for a law degree out of her own pocket wouldn't you say...??

the system is completely f***ed.
I can assure you that UK trained medics are not being done out of a job by foreign doctors. Instead we have a shortage of UK trained medics. And nurses.

I don't understand why your law student daughter thinks her face has been slapped because your country offers bursaries for foreign students to study a different degree. I am surprised your country offers bursaries to foreign students however. I presume this is in areas where there are insufficient Australian applicants. In the UK we absolutely soak overseas students and don't pay any bursaries to my knowledge.

If you wish to find out more about the disbursement of bursaries to overseas students in Australia, eligibility etc., the information is here:

Then you can mount a lobbying campaign to have this all stopped. You may need to research the reasons for these bursaries first, however, or you may end up looking silly :thumbsup:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I can assure you that UK trained medics are not being done out of a job by foreign doctors. Instead we have a shortage of UK trained medics. And nurses.

I don't understand why your law student daughter thinks her face has been slapped because your country offers bursaries for foreign students to study a different degree. I am surprised your country offers bursaries to foreign students however. I presume this is in areas where there are insufficient Australian applicants. In the UK we absolutely soak overseas students and don't pay any bursaries to my knowledge.

If you wish to find out more about the disbursement of bursaries to overseas students in Australia, eligibility etc., the information is here:

Then you can mount a lobbying campaign to have this all stopped. You may need to research the reasons for these bursaries first, however, or you may end up looking silly :thumbsup:
she doesn't ....she is 21 and is part of the generation of acceptance that believe the government take their tax dollars and spend them on the common good :rolleyes:......imagine her surprise when she realised that the HECS debt repayment that has been removed at source from her wages on a fortnightly basis has not been removed from the principal of her HECS loan which happens to be subject to interest....there is a lot of rorting going on at the moment with Indian students using bogus qualifications to gain entry to Australia on educational visas , also a huge passport scam last year where thousands came into Aus on dodgy id......

the reserve bank executive recently celebrated the latest rate rise with a slap up 25k meal at frazers restaurant....the f***ing gall of it really....hidden in plain site.

you know this is just one of my rants right..:thumbsup::wink:

@Happy Exile vaccine related injuries would appear to be a thing...myocarditis in particular as well as clotting issues with the moderna jab are indeed a thing.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
she doesn't ....she is 21 and is part of the generation of acceptance that believe the government take their tax dollars and spend them on the common good :rolleyes:......imagine her surprise when she realised that the HECS debt repayment that has been removed at source from her wages on a fortnightly basis has not been removed from the principal of her HECS loan which happens to be subject to interest....there is a lot of rorting going on at the moment with Indian students using bogus qualifications to gain entry to Australia on educational visas , also a huge passport scam last year where thousands came into Aus on dodgy id......

the reserve bank executive recently celebrated the latest rate rise with a slap up 25k meal at frazers restaurant....the f***ing gall of it really....hidden in plain site.

you know this is just one of my rants right..:thumbsup::wink:

@Happy Exile vaccine related injuries would appear to be a thing...myocarditis in particular as well as clotting issues with the moderna jab are indeed a thing.
Thank you, so I've had a look and you're right it's a thing but the evidence is all that it's very rare, almost entirely in males aged under 29 so likely linked to prior susceptibility which is men, and occurs after 2nd dose, and has near 100% recovery rate without even any treatment. In the UK almost nobody under 50 has had a booster of any kind for a long time (I'm 48 and it's over a year for me now I'm sure), so that's ruled out as contributory to the numbers I think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here