Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Welcoming refugees. Well done Brits!

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
It’s the most viable option we have unfortunately . You think people putting them up in their houses is the answer? It’s simply not appropriate in the vast majority of cases. Hotels are cheaper than building housing centres. Although I’m not against housing centres if they are fit for purpose and not used as detention centres.
Probably best to do some due diligence when you stay at a hotel. A quick look at Tripadvisor could have saved you a lot of upset.

Of course it’s viable, and more importantly it’s necessary to alleviate the political consequences that are going arise when taxes and the cost of living is going up for U.K. citizens is going up. Putting ever increasing numbers of asylum seekers in Hotels with taxpayers picking up the bill is simply not going to work politically speaking.

Jan 30, 2008
It’s the most viable option we have unfortunately . You think people putting them up in their houses is the answer? It’s simply not appropriate in the vast majority of cases. Hotels are cheaper than building housing centres. Although I’m not against housing centres if they are fit for purpose and not used as detention centres.
Probably best to do some due diligence when you stay at a hotel. A quick look at Tripadvisor could have saved you a lot of upset.

And £365 million a year is a viable option in your eyes :facepalm:

Regards
DF

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
If you both say so. You both seem very well informed and unbiased :lolol:

Jan 30, 2008
If you both say so. You both seem very well informed and unbiased :lolol:

Nothing to do with being biased it's all there to see

Let's start getting them out of hotels and into holding centre's away from towns and cities

No one wants to see them dossing around making the place look a mess and intimidating people

Regards
DF

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Let's start getting them out of hotels and into holding centre's away from towns and cities

No one wants to see them dossing around making the place look a mess and intimidating people

Regards
DF

Hmm. Das Reich. It all makes sense.

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018

Regards
DF

For a supposed 'tough guy' who gets a stiffy thinking about blokes having a ruck, you get intimidated by a lot. People with brown skin, gay and trans community, people with compassion, the removal of signs in a chemist.

I do wonder whether you actually leave the house, or have just barricaded yourself in out of fear. Reading the Mail and Express, and watching bellend and other racist nobodies, getting more scared about what's happening beyond your barricade.

Jan 30, 2008
For a supposed 'tough guy' who gets a stiffy thinking about blokes having a ruck, you get intimidated by a lot. People with brown skin, gay and trans community, people with compassion, the removal of signs in a chemist.

I do wonder whether you actually leave the house, or have just barricaded yourself in out of fear, reading the Mail and Express, and watching bellend and other racist nobodies getting more scared about what's happening beyond your barricade.

yeah ,something like that :facepalm:

Regards
DF

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Of course it’s viable, and more importantly it’s necessary to alleviate the political consequences that are going arise when taxes and the cost of living is going up for U.K. citizens is going up. Putting ever increasing numbers of asylum seekers in Hotels with taxpayers picking up the bill is simply not going to work politically speaking.

surely we should house homeless Veterans first? isn't that how the (divide and rule) argument works?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Sticking asylum seekers in hotels is not the cheapest way to house these people when it’s running at circa 1.2m a day for the accommodation alone, and which does not include the additional costs of their, administration, weekly benefits, travel etc.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...ker-hotels-refugees-afghanistan-b2005910.html

The cheapest way is for those people who are sympathetic to the plight of asylum seekers to put them up in their houses. This arrangement is in place, but it does not appear that many people are prepared to do it. The difference that always exists with those talking the talk but not prepared to walk the walk.

As for whether it’s good for the hotels or not I think that’s at best moot. I have been in 3 hotels in last year, (including 1 in Brighton) which have housed asylum seekers and the environment (including noise, fighting, groups lurking outside smoking, spitting and shouting) was not good, and I received refunds in each case for the inconveniences caused.

It’s not a good thing all round I can assure you.

e89311fa5c4e1ae5ad2a46aaca308181.jpg

Cracks me up every single time :lolol::lolol::lolol:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Reported for hate speech. Maybe the mods will finally do something about this unashamedly racist poster.

Maybe they will give him yet another 'last chance' but this time really really really mean it :shrug:

I currently think Johnson's act will be cleaned up before ppf's

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Reported for hate speech. Maybe the mods will finally do something about this unashamedly racist poster.

They won’t do anything. For some reason they let the racist fool run rings around them. So odd. They are otherwise an excellent team. They let themselves down regularly with this racist. Most peculiar.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here