Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Welcoming refugees. Well done Brits!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Most people who risk Channel boat crossings are refugees –

Analysis contradicts Priti Patel’s claim that 70% are single men who are economic migrants to UK......

Nearly two-thirds of people who migrate to the UK in small boats are deemed to be genuine refugees and allowed to remain, a report says, in an apparent contradiction of past statements by the home secretary, Priti Patel.

Analysis using Home Office data and requests under freedom of information laws has concluded that 61% of migrants who travel by boat are likely to be allowed to stay after claiming asylum.

Patel told the House of Lords justice and home affairs committee last month: “All the data and evidence has shown this – that in the last 12 months alone, 70% of the individuals who have come to our country illegally via small boats are single men, who are effectively economic migrants. They are not genuine asylum seekers. These are the ones who are elbowing out the women and children, who are at risk and fleeing persecution.” LIES FROM PRITI PATEL AND LIES FROM THE RACIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS DAS REICH

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...sk-channel-boat-crossings-are-refugees-report

A timely reminder for NSC’s unemployable ****wit in residence, the racist formerly known as Das Reich, Ppf.

Jan 30, 2008
You can leave that for us taxpayers to worry about. It doesn’t concern you, dimwit.

I thought you'd done a runner, welcome back :facepalm:

You won't worry about that because you can't give us a figure on how many more you're prepared to see housed at the tax payers expense and as far as i'm concerned you're quite happy for it to continue which goes against the feelings of the majority of people in this country

Regards
DF

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I thought you'd done a runner, welcome back :facepalm:

You won't worry about that because you can't give us a figure on how many more your prepared to see housed at the tax payers expense and as far as i'm concerned you're quite happy for it to continue which goes against the feelings of the majority of people in this country

Regards
DF

Yes. I come and go as I please.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Well done true Brits!!

How British community groups are helping refugees integrate…..

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/thec...and-the-government-is-making-it-harder-151968

Elsewhere in the Dales, the enterprise has arranged for volunteers to pitch in with building dry-stone walls and haymaking. And throughout the UK, as our recent report shows, there are countless other examples of local people, and groups, doing their bit to support refugees in the challenges they face, including poverty, unemployment and difficulties in accessing local services.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It's the time-wasting scroungers I'm referring to

https://youtu.be/sPO9D9hk0UU

Regards
DF

You said no wonder they want to get here with their array of benefits. That implies you think there are too many benefits on offer. So what should they get while they wait for their application to be dealt with? So far I can see they are being offered food, shelter and medical care. You don’t agree that should get that while waiting to see if their application for asylum is successful?
Treat them all as criminals until proven otherwise?
Should we let them sleep outside in the elements and starve while the government drags its feet?

Jan 30, 2008
You said no wonder they want to get here with their array of benefits. That implies you think there are too many benefits on offer. So what should they get while they wait for their application to be dealt with? So far I can see they are being offered food, shelter and medical care. You don’t agree that should get that while waiting to see if their application for asylum is successful?
Treat them all as criminals until proven otherwise?
Should we let them sleep outside in the elements and starve while the government drags its feet?

Well illegally entering the country without any ID is a criminal act in my view

So let's get them out of Hotels into holding centres with curfews imposed as we just don't know who theses people are and some are prepared to lie about themselves to much of a risk to be let loose in the general community

Regards
DF

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Well illegally entering the country without any ID is a criminal act in my view

So let's get them out of Hotels into holding centres with curfews imposed as we just don't know who theses people are and some are prepared to lie about themselves to much of a risk to be let loose in the general community

Regards
DF

A criminal act “in your view”? That’s not really how the law works.

Also, we don’t detain people en masse without charge. We aren’t the U.S.

Hotels are the cheapest way to house people. They do not get four star service, I assure you. Someone I know helps staff these facilities and it’s pretty basic.

Plus it’s been a lifeline for hotels during Covid. Many of which would have 100% closed were it not for the income this has provided. And continues to provide. It’s a good thing all round.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
A criminal act “in your view”? That’s not really how the law works.

Also, we don’t detain people en masse without charge. We aren’t the U.S.

Hotels are the cheapest way to house people. They do not get four star service, I assure you. Someone I know helps staff these facilities and it’s pretty basic.

Plus it’s been a lifeline for hotels during Covid. Many of which would have 100% closed were it not for the income this has provided. And continues to provide. It’s a good thing all round.

Sticking asylum seekers in hotels is not the cheapest way to house these people when it’s running at circa 1.2m a day for the accommodation alone, and which does not include the additional costs of their, administration, weekly benefits, travel etc.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...ker-hotels-refugees-afghanistan-b2005910.html

The cheapest way is for those people who are sympathetic to the plight of asylum seekers to put them up in their houses. This arrangement is in place, but it does not appear that many people are prepared to do it. The difference that always exists with those talking the talk but not prepared to walk the walk.

As for whether it’s good for the hotels or not I think that’s at best moot. I have been in 3 hotels in last year, (including 1 in Brighton) which have housed asylum seekers and the environment (including noise, fighting, groups lurking outside smoking, spitting and shouting) was not good, and I received refunds in each case for the inconveniences caused.

It’s not a good thing all round I can assure you.

Jan 30, 2008
Sticking asylum seekers in hotels is not the cheapest way to house these people when it’s running at circa 1.2m a day for the accommodation alone, and which does not include the additional costs of their, administration, weekly benefits, travel etc.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...ker-hotels-refugees-afghanistan-b2005910.html

The cheapest way is for those people who are sympathetic to the plight of asylum seekers to put them up in their houses. This arrangement is in place, but it does not appear that many people are prepared to do it. The difference that always exists with those talking the talk but not prepared to walk the walk.

As for whether it’s good for the hotels or not I think that’s at best moot. I have been in 3 hotels in last year, (including 1 in Brighton) which have housed asylum seekers and the environment (including noise, fighting, groups lurking outside smoking, spitting and shouting) was not good, and I received refunds in each case for the inconveniences caused.

You're talking too someone who wears rose tinted glasses , as for the hotel experience you describe I'm sure Peter Kyle will still have a good word to say about them ?

Regards
DF

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

It’s the most viable option we have unfortunately . You think people putting them up in their houses is the answer? It’s simply not appropriate in the vast majority of cases. Hotels are cheaper than building housing centres. Although I’m not against housing centres if they are fit for purpose and not used as detention centres.
Probably best to do some due diligence when you stay at a hotel. A quick look at Tripadvisor could have saved you a lot of upset.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here