Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Welcoming refugees. Well done Brits!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
“It’s amazing what you can achieve when people come together with a great idea and lots of positive energy”
Kash, volunteer tutor

https://www.unhcr.org/uk/a-great-british-welcome.html

Here’s a link to a organisation that can help you to help refugees in the U.K.
Quite a few of you have DM’d me asking “The Clamp, how can I get involved? How can I make a difference”?

So do have a look, even if it just raises awareness. I know not everyone has the spare cash, like Ppf you may be on benefits and struggling to get by yourself, don’t worry. It’s good just to educate yourself. This isn’t about money, it’s about attitude. You can give time and energy, yeah?

There’s something for everyone, even if you didn’t think you liked foreigners. Check out some of the inspirational stories of Brits welcoming refugees ;

25 Years Young, STAR is Still Fighting for Refugee Access to UK Higher Education

‘Hello Soho, this is Irbil calling’: Bringing refugee stories into the classroom

Counting sheep: Refugees lighten UK farmer’s load in lambing season

Former refugee from Chile offers hand of friendship to Syrians who fled war

Building walls to break down barriers in Yorkshire

Poetry helps Afghan girl find her path in England

Dedicated team helps refugees feel at home in Ipswich

Couple spend time making sculpture and reading with Eritrean guest

25 Years Young, STAR is Still Fighting for Refugee Access to UK Higher Education

Bristol crèche offers haven for refugee children

UNHCR - A Great British Welcome!

Hopefully this thread can be a source of positivity toward refugees and even the most sceptical of you guys can get involved! Its what we Brits do best! Inclusion not exclusion, yeah? :)

Last edited:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
“It’s amazing what you can achieve when people come together with a great idea and lots of positive energy”
Kash, volunteer tutor

https://www.unhcr.org/uk/a-great-british-welcome.html

Here’s a link to a organisation that can help you to help refugees in the U.K.
Quite a few of you have DM’d me asking “The Clamp, how can I get involved? How can I make a difference”?

So do have a look, even if it just raises awareness. I know not everyone has the spare cash, like Ppf you may be on benefits and struggling to get by yourself, don’t worry. It’s good just to educate yourself. This isn’t about money, it’s about attitude. You can give time and energy, yeah?

There’s something for everyone, even if you didn’t think you liked foreigners. Check out some of the inspirational stories of Brits welcoming refugees ;

‘Hello Soho, this is Irbil calling’: Bringing refugee stories into the classroom

Counting sheep: Refugees lighten UK farmer’s load in lambing season

Former refugee from Chile offers hand of friendship to Syrians who fled war

Building walls to break down barriers in Yorkshire

Poetry helps Afghan girl find her path in England

Dedicated team helps refugees feel at home in Ipswich

Couple spend time making sculpture and reading with Eritrean guest

Bristol crèche offers haven for refugee children

UNHCR - A Great British Welcome!

Hopefully this thread can be a source of positivity toward refugees and even the most sceptical of you guys can get involved! Its what we Brits do best! Inclusion not exclusion, yeah? :)

i'm happy for you although puzzled why you think this is the appropriate forum to post your musings ......to me it's blatantly obvious who you are trying to wind up.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
i'm happy for you although puzzled why you think this is the appropriate forum to post your musings ......to me it's blatantly obvious who you are trying to wind up.

Perfect forum. I know we have a number of folk on here who take a keen interest in refugees coming to our shores. And I even put it in The Bear Pit so it wouldn’t annoy people on the main board when the inevitable gonks turned up.

I thought with Baker Lite gone we may have had a stab at a decent discussion on the matter, I forgot that he is just one of a handful of wine up merchants and people who don’t engage beyond petty name-calling and cheap personal jibes.

But It says rather more about you (and others) than me, that you think a thread that is “pro-refugee” is a wind up. That it’s beyond your comprehension that someone might actually view us taking in refugees as a positive thing is not an indictment of me but of you.

NB - you don’t need to say blatantly and obvious. Either one would suffice. Tautology is so very dis-pleasing.

Last edited:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Perfect forum. I know we have a number of folk on here who take a keen interest in refugees coming to our shores. And I even put it in The Bear Pit so it wouldn’t annoy people on the main board when the inevitable gonks turned up.

I thought with Baker Lite gone we may have had a stab at a decent discussion on the matter, I forgot that he is just one of a handful of wine up merchants and people who don’t engage beyond petty name-calling and cheap personal jibes.

But It says rather more about you (and others) than me, that you think a thread that is “pro-refugee” is a wind up. That it’s beyond your comprehension that someone might actually view us taking in refugees as a positive thing is not an indictment of me but of you.

NB - you don’t need to say blatantly and obvious. Either one would suffice. Tautology is so very dis-pleasing.

Ooooh ...!! your cheeky edit almost left me with egg on my face.... again , hopefully the refugees will all be housed , clothed , fed and be offered education and their health needs attended to asap.....:wink: i retract my effort at a wine up (sic)......still not sure that a football message board is the place for this but i guess we are all free to post as we wish , within the rules.
Hopefully these new arrivals can be screened , let go into the community , find employment and become productive members of society , as you say a lot of them are qualified professionals , doctors , teachers , dentists........one of the tilers i used here in Perth is an Orthodontic Surgeon from Afghanistan and our vacate/construction clean team are a family from Iraq , they were all highly qualified in medicine / engineering......unfortunately the Aus authorities make them re train to Aus standards which is laughable to be honest . The Afghan lad , Salim , has some stories to tell , 5 weeks afloat in the Andaman sea off Burma , throwing bodies off the boat as people died from starvation/dehydration.

Salim is Kurdish as are the Iraqi family ......i have another business associate who had to go back to Afghanistan last year as the Taliban were trying to kick his family out of his properties , he had to go back and pay them off , he had 4 houses , he had to give them one , he was a quarry owner and reasonably wealthy , also Kurdish....he was glad to get back to Aus in one piece and said on a few occasions he thought he was finished.

Bona fide refugees need to be looked after no argument but when they are coming ashore with mobile phones and packets of fags i'm not sure they qualify ...people smuggling is a massive racket and criminal gangs are making huge profits.

Last edited:

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
You have to be careful when posting a message reaching out for human empathy on any fora, you are usually faced with the right wing media hate machine and it's disciples.

They succesfully got enough people to hate on Gary Lineker, an England legend for daring to show compassion. Surprised they haven't gone after Marcus Rashford, must be the foreign thing

Divide and rule

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Ooooh ...!! your cheeky edit almost left me with egg on my face.... again , hopefully the refugees will all be housed , clothed , fed and be offered education and their health needs attended to asap.....:wink: i retract my effort at a wine up (sic)......still not sure that a football message board is the place for this but i guess we are all free to post as we wish , within the rules.
Hopefully these new arrivals can be screened , let go into the community , find employment and become productive members of society , as you say a lot of them are qualified professionals , doctors , teachers , dentists........one of the tilers i used here in Perth is an Orthodontic Surgeon from Afghanistan and our vacate/construction clean team are a family from Iraq , they were all highly qualified in medicine / engineering......unfortunately the Aus authorities make them re train to Aus standards which is laughable to be honest . The Afghan lad , Salim , has some stories to tell , 5 weeks afloat in the Andaman sea off Burma , throwing bodies off the boat as people died from starvation/dehydration.

Salim is Kurdish as are the Iraqi family ......i have another business associate who had to go back to Afghanistan last year as the Taliban were trying to kick his family out of his properties , he had to go back and pay them off , he had 4 houses , he had to give them one , he was a quarry owner and reasonably wealthy , also Kurdish....he was glad to get back to Aus in one piece and said on a few occasions he thought he was finished.

Bona fide refugees need to be looked after no argument but when they are coming ashore with mobile phones and packets of fags i'm not sure they qualify ...people smuggling is a massive racket and criminal gangs are making huge profits.

Outs of the many, many, many, many, many threads not rated to football why question the validity of this one? Curious. Curious indeed.

Just out of interest, why aren’t refugees allowed to smoke or have mobile phones? If you were feeling your house you’d probably pick up your phone wouldn’t you?

You know, a lot of refugees are professionals and lead productive, fulfilling lives before war and persecution. Some fo them smoke and some of them even used to earn enough to keep a mobile phone. Can you imagine!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Outs of the many, many, many, many, many threads not rated to football why question the validity of this one? Curious. Curious indeed.

Just out of interest, why aren’t refugees allowed to smoke or have mobile phones? If you were feeling your house you’d probably pick up your phone wouldn’t you?

You know, a lot of refugees are professionals and lead productive, fulfilling lives before war and persecution. Some fo them smoke and some of them even used to earn enough to keep a mobile phone. Can you imagine!

flippant as ever .....you know what i mean and you also know what the end product of your post will be and you say you aren't :fishing: right ho mate .:bigwave:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
flippant as ever .....you know what i mean and you also know what the end product of your post will be and you say you aren't :fishing: right ho mate .:bigwave:

Flippant? Possibly but I was merely addressing the points you raised. I can only work with what you give me Sid, and right now that ain’t a whole heap.
Fishing? No.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Flippant? Possibly but I was merely addressing the points you raised. I can only work with what you give me Sid, and right now that ain’t a whole heap.
Fishing? No.

It comes as no surprise that 41% of the posts on this thread are by you!

Very strange little man.

As for sparing the Big Board from seeing your tripe, what would you know about the big board, of your last 50 posts only two ended up on there.....

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Hi Chicken Pasta. I hope you’re enjoying my thread. It’s an interesting one isn’t it. I stopped reading your posts sometime last year but I can imagine you are making a relevant contribution to the subject. You’ve always contributed a great deal to these threads and no doubt many enjoy your balanced and considered views. However, I have you on ignore so probably not worth keeping quoting me, you weird little gonk :)

One day I’ll unblock you and we’ll have a good ol’ catch up. I imagine it’d be a bit like unblocking a toilet though, and releasing a load of gas and crap. But I hope you are well and managing to control your temper, you mentioned you had problems with it last year so I hope these threads aren’t getting you worked up again. Don’t let what other people put on here affect your home life again, it’s really not worth it, sausage.

Last edited:

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
It comes as no surprise that 41% of the posts on this thread are by you!

It is a thread started by [MENTION=33848]The Clamp[/MENTION].

Not really surprising you strange little man.

But back on topic; isn't it good to see the benefits that some asylum seekers and migrants bring to this country?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
It is a thread started by [MENTION=33848]The Clamp[/MENTION].

Not really surprising you strange little man.

But back on topic; isn't it good to see the benefits that some asylum seekers and migrants bring to this country?

Like a bad smell Lord Lollipop arrives [emoji23], as for refugees, it’s wonderful isn’t it, just a shame Nipple has used it to spread his bile

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Right well, back on topic. Hopefully Chicken has got whatever rubbish he is spouting today out of his system and we can continue to use this thread to highlight the positive work being doing by some really selfless people for asylum seekers.
Something that I ask the trolls to respect. This isn’t a thread for you. I already put this in the bear pit in the hopes the usual suspects wouldn’t deliberately derail it. And that seems to have worked so let’s keep it civil please :)

https://kran.org.uk/

Really great organisation, had some interaction with them previously, very dedicated people working in a tricky field that doesn’t always get the respect it needs.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Maybe it's just me, but I struggle to understand what sort of person would get angry about someone else doing good deeds.

Milk of human kindness and all that :shrug:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Maybe it's just me, but I struggle to understand what sort of person would get angry about someone else doing good deeds.

Milk of human kindness and all that :shrug:

Oh, the vitriol. Scorn for the refugees, hate for the people helping them, abuse for starting a thread on it. Predictably no condemnation of those right wing protestors who clashed with police though. The hypocrisy among some on here is astonishing.
I personally think this is a symptom of the board tolerating frankly racist attitudes from the handful of haters we have on here. They actually think they’re entitled to derail any thread that doesn’t condemn foreigners, refugees etc .
Quite worrying really.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Of course they have , send them straight back some times you have to be cruel to be kind , it worked for Australia , hopefully next year we will see more illegal migrants being deported sooner rather than later
Regards
DF

Not a chance, thankfully.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here