Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Weds vs Villa

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
So the Forest game will be on Sky, then.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Villa have won more league titles and more FA cups than Sheffield Wednesday, plus they won the European Cup and have spent more years in the Premier League than Wednesday.

Could they actually be 'bigger' than Wednesday?

Don't be ridiculous.

But tend to agree that these are two GIANTS of the english game on display here.

PS. that abhorrent band/drum seem to have given up 20 mins in thankfully.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
As a follow-up, fans seem to have given up now too...

Quick, get the phone lights out to dazzle us all

I was about to ask if the 15,000 who remembered where Hillsborough was at the end of last season had come back again. I assume not then.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This game is ****ing dull.

We are spoilt with the quality of our play :smile: This is apparently a massive game, a showpiece of the Championship I imagine.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I was about to ask if the 15,000 who remembered where Hillsborough was at the end of last season had come back again. I assume not then.

8,000 additional season ticket holders,up to 22000 now. As an Albion fan I won't say anything about plastics..

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Gardner is League One class, slow, clumsy and just a liability.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
[tweet]762323393127612417[/tweet]
[tweet]762323384772485121[/tweet]

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
No because winning cups are a achievement and have nothing to do with being a big club.
Big clubs are based around big crowds and big fan bases.
Wigan could win the European cup and many other cups and will never be seen as a big club!!

Villa's average attendance last season was 'bigger' than Wednesday's too. I haven't checked other seasons, but if Villa were in a 'bigger' league than Wednesday I'd hazard a guess attendances could have been bigger for quite a few seasons. Who's 'bigger' in Japan out of the two for example? I suspect not Wednesday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here