Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Weds vs Villa

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
It looked quite a good standard to me, but not many chances created.

Burnley went up last season cause they dispatched the lower clubs (winning home and away against the bottom 7), so creating chances and being fit for the whole match counts for more for going up.

Trouble is if Villa presented us with a good chance like they did, would our second striker score? Would Baldock be clinical, would Glen Murray be quick enough?

It look like the season is going to be even harder than first anticipated. I think we are going to need two more players. I am not sure sure the 4-4-2 will work as well either against the top clubs, although it may be ideal against the lesser clubs.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
I'm afraid I missed this extravaganza, so perhaps someone could clue me in on the vital question. Because they are both such massive clubs, how did they address the question of giving each other the guard of honour they so richly deserve as a mark of respect for their huge fanbases and glorious heritages? Did they take it in turns, or did they simply applaud one another as they walked out?

Why the constant going on about having digs at bigger clubs?

So a club is bigger than ours. So what mate??

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Getting the best of a draw away at Derby and defeats for rivals Newcastle and Villa represents a good week's work.

theowlsman

Jun 7, 2012
I'm starting to like you lot. I may have to take a tablet or something.

I can see you actually share our warped sense of humour. Keep up the banter, I'm loving it.

Love from THE MASSIVE.

Ps - let us know when you catch on that this was a pisstake designed to wind up our local rivals. :)

theowlsman

Jun 7, 2012
My view on the promotion race FWIW.

Between Brighton, Derby, Norwich and the club that's bigger than China.

Newcastle and Villa? Somewhere just outside of the play offs.

Last edited:

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
I'm starting to like you lot. I may have to take a tablet or something.

I can see you actually share our warped sense of humour. Keep up the banter, I'm loving it.

Love from THE MASSIVE.

Ps - let us know when you catch on that this was a pisstake designed to wind up our local rivals. :)

My Wednesday mates have often told me this...But secretly I think its because they are bigger than you and Sheffield's Number 1 club...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here