Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wednesday's phones display

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
well why dont you just sit there and knitt and when we score and the bloke next to ya drops a stitch get up and have him ejected.......................sorry wednesday just gave us a clue as to what is required ....if the ipad...knitting ....crossword brigade can't be arsed then we have no chance ...but then again wont be them going to bristol city on a tuesday next season will it...

I think there will be more than stitches dropped on Monday night, if we do not score or even win.
Along the lines of a few c bombs I guess, or if you are a vicar, a few hail dunks's :)

owlsonlineadmin

Jul 22, 2010
So you sang the great escape for 20 minutes? We've been singing it 20 years. At least be original. Can't believe you couldn't sell 2k out.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
So you sang the great escape for 20 minutes? We've been singing it 20 years. At least be original. Can't believe you couldn't sell 2k out.

I quite liked the phone thingy, but it's hardly original. Plenty of clubs doing that. Plenty also doing ring of fire and lots will do the great escape in times of adversity. Oh and it was 35 minutes!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Two can play at that game: There were 19,274 people at our league game at Hillsborough less than three months ago. Why did another 14,000 or so decide to come along last night?

Or just **** off.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Two can play at that game: There were 19,274 people at our league game at Hillsborough less than three months ago. Why did another 14,000 or so decide to come along last night?

Or just **** off.

Plus it wasn't even our biggest game in the last week

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Or just **** off.

I'd prefer the last bit...they r just a pain in the arse

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

You and about a hundred other clubs fans occasionally sing the Great Escape.

Blame Sky Sports for us not taking more than 2k, would have been more if the game was a Saturday I'm sure.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

Under 20k at your place for the league game. Lots of part timers there last night.

And over a 1,000 miles to see both Brighton games in the past 6 days, 2 days off work, and a trip to Sheffield on a Friday night. Not a cheap week.

And why were you copying a Wolves song?

That said, your support was good, and if we fail to beat you I hope you go up.

P.S. Highbury 83 - Great Day - did you enjoy that one too?

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1

I spoke to few Wed folk on Fri night. Most were decent people whereas you sir are a prize bellend. Oh & my dad's bigger than your dad FFS.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
well why dont you just sit there and knitt and when we score and the bloke next to ya drops a stitch get up and have him ejected.......................sorry wednesday just gave us a clue as to what is required ....if the ipad...knitting ....crossword brigade can't be arsed then we have no chance ...but then again wont be them going to bristol city on a tuesday next season will it...

Were you a bit tipsy when you wrote this?

Sent from my iPhone using blancmange

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Isn't 'Hi-Ho silver lining' originally a Wolves song'?

Oh! You've just reminded me.

That bit early in the second half when the drummer got going, and the whole crowd launched into "And IT'S HI-HO, SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY!"....and then complete silence. They don't actually have a second line for it. Sounded utterly ridiculous.

I've heard them do it accompanied by the PA system at previous Hillsborough games, and it's annoyed my OCD tendencies even then, as they sing that first line followed by the distinctly non-rhyming "and away you go now baby" etc. But to start it up as a fans chant in its own right, only to be followed up with a hugely awkward pause was, frankly, comical. It was almost like, even as the words were coming out of their mouths, they were all thinking "what next?".

Bizarre.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

Or just **** off.

They were lost. This time they had the magnanimous BHA support to guide them to their stadium.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here