Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Webster

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
I hope he Is fit for the Palace match, because we need some passion and understanding of this match. Of course it would be great if we could just play our type of game, but I suspect they will come at us hard.
The current Palace team couldn’t beat a lettuce!!
We gave them a point at their place!

But they’ll probably fluke a result as always 🤦🏻‍♂️

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
I read on their site that only three of their players would get into our team, Guhei, Andersen and Guiata. That would mean that they rate those three above Dunk, Colwill and Sanchez! I can’t see that being right. Would those three really improve our team?
Err. No

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Webster is a decent Centre Back but he is guaranteed to make one big ricket every game.
So far we have got away with it but sooner or later we will be punished for it.
Rubbish

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
The current Palace team couldn’t beat a lettuce!!
We gave them a point at their place!

But they’ll probably fluke a result as always 🤦🏻‍♂️
I hope you're wrong about the win, but with Wilf back and Viera under pressure, that is why we need to be aggressive as well as controlled. I think the personnel such as Webster are important in this match, I have not seen that spirit within the Colwill kid yet.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I hope you're wrong about the win, but with Wilf back and Viera under pressure, that is why we need to be aggressive as well as controlled. I think the personnel such as Webster are important in this match, I have not seen that spirit within the Colwill kid yet.
Disagree.

The way to beat Palace is with even better Dezerbi ball. Colwill’s left footed passing balances the team and is probably better any other CB at LCB.

But more importantly, Palace will only have a chance of scoring on the break. We need our fastest centre back on the pitch. He’ll easily be able to match the likes of Zaha for speed.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I don't disagree with you, l think he's fine when he plays. The problem is that the alternative us to play Levi Colwill, but again he seems to be hugely injury prone, plus of course that as things stand, he will be gone come the end of the season.

That leaves us with Jan Paul Van Hecke, who isn't ready to stake a place for making Premier League starts yet on a regular basis.
I wouldn't say Colwill is injury prone, especially not hugely, but he does appear to have had a major injury each season. Webster by comparison has had five lengthy stretches out on the sidelines and two "niggles" in 3.5 years with us.

That said, I do agree with you. Just JPVH and Dunk isn't enough next season, so I expect us to be back in for Matvienko in the summer

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
I think JPVH has looked pretty sound and he got rave reviews last season. As Colwill will probably return to Chelsea in the summer, I hope JP gets a new contract - doesn't his end this year?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I hope he Is fit for the Palace match, because we need some passion and understanding of this match. Of course it would be great if we could just play our type of game, but I suspect they will come at us hard.
Yes indeed. Palarse's recent poor form will count for nothing tomorrow night, you can bet that they will be well up for it.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
He was injured for a while before coming off. Maybe that affected his performance. That said, I share your views about him.
What from kick off? He gave the ball away nearly every time in the first 20 minutes

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
Good player, but I’m not convinced he’ll be here next season.
I just hope, for his sake, that he can stay fit.
I would be surprised if we sold him in the summer. We would need to, probably, sign two CBs to be comfortable if we sold him. Even if we buy one who was the "main" starter alongside Dunk we still need depth in the rest of the squad. Unless the club is certain a couple of the youngsters are ready to do that I just can't see us wanting to sell him yet.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I think the selection for this one will come down to fitness.

If Webby is fit I think he'll play. I understand RDZ confirmed he is, possibly misdirection through.

For the rest of the season, this calculation becomes much tougher. If you can get Webby a decent run in the side he is a very good defender and for a centre back actually has a very good pass off his weaker foot. Will that be enough to hold a fit Colwill off? You know, I think it might just be.

I think next in line if they both break down, is more likely to be Veltman than Van Hecke, with either Lamptey or Gross at RB

In the summer, I think left centre back and keeper will be the positions we will go large for.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
He'd be a great cb at any bottom half PL club and useful in any squad in the top half. If there's a position we can realistically upgrade and shift a current starter to the bench though, he seems like a prime candedate. Nothing against him or not saying he's 'bad', is more just representative of the amazing players we have elsewhere.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What from kick off? He gave the ball away nearly every time in the first 20 minutes
And this is why I have a long running feud with the player rating thread.

Irrespective of the fact we aren't dispassionate, not neutral and not professional scouts, some aren't even at the game! making the whole exercise pointless anyway.

I was at Elland Road.
In line with the edge of the area.
So spent the entirety of the first half watching Webster.
I'm 100% sure you are incorrect...

...yet I totally agree.

Can see a West Ham type paying top dollar and him doing rather well.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I think the selection for this one will come down to fitness.

If Webby is fit I think he'll play. I understand RDZ confirmed he is, possibly misdirection through.

For the rest of the season, this calculation becomes much tougher. If you can get Webby a decent run in the side he is a very good defender and for a centre back actually has a very good pass off his weaker foot. Will that be enough to hold a fit Colwill off? You know, I think it might just be.

I think next in line if they both break down, is more likely to be Veltman than Van Hecke, with either Lamptey or Gross at RB

In the summer, I think left centre back and keeper will be the positions we will go large for.
Maybe re: centre back and keeper but when you’re listing Veltman, Lamptey and Gross as our right back options, I’d say right back should be our priority.

If we could give March someone behind him of the quality that Mitoma has behind him in Estupinan, that would be a frightening prospect.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here