Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Webster

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I don't disagree with you, l think he's fine when he plays. The problem is that the alternative us to play Levi Colwill, but again he seems to be hugely injury prone, plus of course that as things stand, he will be gone come the end of the season.

That leaves us with Jan Paul Van Hecke, who isn't ready to stake a place for making Premier League starts yet on a regular basis.
Colwill has had the one, admittedly long term, injury but how does that make him HUGELY injury prone?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He was injured for a while before coming off. Maybe that affected his performance.
he seemed to tweak his hamstring stretching to attempt the block for Bamford’s goal. Struggled from then on, and particularly in the second half. Madness that he didn’t come off sooner.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Colwill has had the one, admittedly long term, injury but how does that make him HUGELY injury prone?
It wasn't even a long term injury. He's missed about 6 weeks of football and 8 games. That is relatively short term.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I think he was suffering from cramp and so no issue re fitness. Some misplaced passes at Leeds but a great tackle towards the end which may have saved us a point.
Losing that game would have been gutting!

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
I hope he Is fit for the Palace match, because we need some passion and understanding of this match. Of course it would be great if we could just play our type of game, but I suspect they will come at us hard.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I dont think he’ll play against palace. I wonder if it’ll be Van Hecke or Colwill?
I could play centre back against Palace and we'd still be favourites

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I could play centre back against Palace and we'd still be favourites
Hubris of the year award. See you late on, Wednesday evening, where either I shall metaphorically do what Cartman always demands, as we celebrate a clean sheet and win, or I expect you to be bathed, oiled and taking both knees. ??? :wink:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
No update but he didn't half look out of sorts playing De Zerbiball, on Saturday.

I'll admit I have had moments wondering about Websters future.
The fella is a top EPL centre back, but is he a De Zerbi centre back?
We've got Colwill till season end, might as well use him...... and whilst 1 swallow doesnt make a summer, I thought Van Hecke was really good in the cup game away to Stoke. Confident he could step up.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Websters brilliant on his day, but he's made of lidl bog roll and 70's subbuteo plastic . Also seems to take as long to get up to speed after repair as an asthmatic paddle steamer.

VH seemed ok when he came on . . . COlwills great, but not match fit.

If his glues not gone off, possibly General Van-der-shitehouse with Dunk on Wed? LAMptey as RWB . . . Formation As we played against Liverpool 2-4-4.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I read on their site that only three of their players would get into our team, Guhei, Andersen and Guiata. That would mean that they rate those three above Dunk, Colwill and Sanchez! I can’t see that being right. Would those three really improve our team?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
New manager - making his mark. Some favourites and 'first name on the team sheet' types will go. Trossard (although he didn't appear t be actually pushed put, but qute possibly he didn't like RDZ or his methods - seems happy enough now anyway) has gone. Webster next?

Maybe Sanchez come the summer? I'd be disappointed - but if what RDZ does works, I guess I'd get over it.

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
He didn't have a great game on the ball on Saturday, gave it away cheaply multiple times. He was outstanding under Potter, less so under De Zerbi.

Which just goes to show how good Dunk is. Outstanding under Hughton, outstanding under Potter, outstanding under De Zerbi.
Yes Dunk's ability to play whatever damn style the manager needs or wants is incredible. March and Gross are similar in that respect as well.
I have faith Webster will come good. Maybe he just needs a full pre-season and not to be interrupted by injuries.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Yes Dunk's ability to play whatever damn style the manager needs or wants is incredible. March and Gross are similar in that respect as well.
I have faith Webster will come good. Maybe he just needs a full pre-season and not to be interrupted by injuries.
Good player, but I’m not convinced he’ll be here next season.
I just hope, for his sake, that he can stay fit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here