Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Webster out for the rest of the season?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
ea1836b65094627f0ae92397855ec028.jpg

Webster from training this morning.

What more evidence do we need? He's fit. Look at him. Get him in

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Straight back in for me too. Veltman to RWB.
Gross is a squad/cover player now so goes back to the bench, he did ok at RWB to be fair but he’s nowhere near as good as Veltman there. It cannot be that we have no one else in the side that can take a set piece.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Gross seems to be turning into Paul Watson reincarnated

If only he were left footed!

I thought that Rashford's goal on Sunday came because of a big hole where a RB/RWB would have been.

Anyone playing RWB for us is just keeping the position warm for the return of Tariq Lamptey. RWBs get caught out for goals as much as any other defensive position when you're asking them to attack, we've conceded goals no matter who plays there. Gross brings a lot to the role, but he would play it differently to anyone else who is there. If everyone's fit, Gross isn't at RWB but all the time he is there is a real positive to it and it does help the balance of the team.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
But didn't Newcastle fans get excited about a video clip of Callum Wilson running around in training before the international break ?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Everton have the most headed goals in the Prem (13). This is their main threat and so Webster must start if fit.

It would be a brave move to drop Veltman to accommodate Gross but I'd be tempted to do that.

Biss and Lallana are undroppable at the moment, while Maupay, Welbeck and Trossard are in good form.

Everton played a 3-4-1-2 against Palace, and this will give Gross and Moder the opportunity out wide to play balls into our front three behind their full-backs and let them run against Keane, Mina and Holgate. Everton have Allan and Doucoure out so we could win that midfield battle.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Webster was quite a polarising player in his first year here. I think now he’s pretty much won over the fanbase as one of our standout performers.

What a turnaround by the guy. And fair play to him, he’s had a brilliant season.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Potter confirmed he’s back (as is Dan Burn) training in the press conference this morning.
Everton might be too early - but clearly on way back.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Potter confirmed he’s back (as is Dan Burn) training in the press conference this morning.
Everton might be too early - but clearly on way back.

I can't wait to see Webby's cautious but irreversible reintroduction to the side

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
12 minute interview with him on the clubs website...

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
But didn't Newcastle fans get excited about a video clip of Callum Wilson running around in training before the international break ?

Wilson is back "in the squad" for Newcastle for this weekend . He's "trained all week" says Steve Bruce.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
This thread :lol: Always take ‘Twitter’ users with a shovel of salt :thumbsup:

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Everton are one of the leading sides of headed goals from set pieces.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Webster start in a back 3 with Dunk and White, with Veltman returning to right wing-back.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Everton are one of the leading sides of headed goals from set pieces.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Webster start in a back 3 with Dunk and White, with Veltman returning to right wing-back.

As good as White and Veltman are, I don't think either could claim to be 'great in the air'. Webster is :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here