Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Webster injury

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Isn’t Dunk one away from a suspension? I’d be surprised to see Webster back within the month....so if Dunk does get suspended....I wonder if Burn would move to the centre or Balogun play there?

I'm like 98% sure Burn would go CB and i.e. March on the left if that happens

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Duffy and Burn at CB, obviously - and we do have two fully qualified and experienced left backs in the first team squad (and neither of them are called March)!

Get well soon to Webster, hope it’s not a long one

goldstonegull

Feb 18, 2009
plymouth
I'm not in the slightest bit worried about Duffy playing. He's perfectly able and very capable of filling in. Last year him and Dunk were talked about as being the best centre back pairing in the Prem.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Could we potentially call back Ben White or that him signed for the season at The Damed?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

So, i've seen a lot of Solly March, but i've never seen him play left back. He has played LWB with 3 centre backs. Not to say it's impossible

If Webster and Bernardo are injured for Dunks suspension, i'd say these are the back 4's we would play in order of liklihood

1) Montoya Duffy Balogun Burn
2) Montoya Duffy Burn Bong
3) Montoya Duffy Burn March

Baluta then is next in line to be promoted to the bench

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Could we potentially call back Ben White or that him signed for the season at The Damed?

There was a thread at the end of last week, where Leeds seemed to confirm there was a recall clause. Whether we'd use it is another question

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
So, i've seen a lot of Solly March, but i've never seen him play left back. He has played LWB with 3 centre backs. Not to say it's impossible

If Webster and Bernardo are injured for Dunks suspension, i'd say these are the back 4's we would play in order of liklihood

1) Montoya Duffy Balogun Burn
2) Montoya Duffy Burn Bong
3) Montoya Duffy Burn March

Baluta then is next in line to be promoted to the bench

Get through the next game with no yellow card for Dunk then it's a two week break. Lets wait until then.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I'm not in the slightest bit worried about Duffy playing. He's perfectly able and very capable of filling in. Last year him and Dunk were talked about as being the best centre back pairing in the Prem.

Very much this from player of the season to now been labelled on here as someone who can barely dribble and pass. Very short memories

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Get through the next game with no yellow card for Dunk then it's a two week break. Lets wait until then.

Well that that's what we all hope, but just talking through some worst case scenarios and making it clear that even under that situation, there are more obvious solutions than Solly at Left back.

Though I didn't have Schelloto down as a left winger so i'm not going to rule anything out for sure

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...

This. Given that our three next games are against ManU, Leicester and Liverpool it will do no harm in having a brick shitehouse* in front of goal.

(*Meant in a good way)

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
This. Given that our three next games are against ManU, Leicester and Liverpool it will do no harm in having a brick shitehouse* in front of goal.

(*Meant in a good way)

This. Said the same to by daughter on the way back from the game Sat. Followed by the Arse after those 3 games.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Hope Dunk picks up his 5th card stopping Vardy at The Amex so misses the game away to Liverpool.

I had that thought for a while and then changed my mind. The longer he can hold out before his 5th, the more likely we will have Webster or Bernardo back (so that Burn could shuffle from LB to CB)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here