Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Webster injury

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
You don’t get stretchered off if it’s not bad do you? Out for a while I suggest. Welcome back Duffy, those defensive headers were immense.

Tremendous in the air and with a goal as well but, my word, his passing at the back scares the bejesus out of me.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Tremendous in the air and with a goal as well but, my word, his passing at the back scares the bejesus out of me.

He kept it very simple today though. Love the Irish expression though :wink:

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Well, when Duffy went off in the League Cup tie against Villa I thought it looked a bad one but he was back playing in a week or so!

Fingers crossed for Webster...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I wouldnt wish an injury to any player but on the positive side I think that we looked a lot better and more assured when Duffy came on.

:facepalm:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Lol no...it was as if they all looked at each to say “Did you bring it with you?” ...Dunk looked suitably unimpressed

Then having finally located the stretcher they decided to amble the long way round the touchline to get to the stricken player. Many shouts of "He's over HERE!" from the North

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Duffy is nowhere near the footballer that Webster is, but there was nothing of alarm today. He just kept it simple, and also remains an awesome defender and a real threat at set plays.
Can anyone explain why Dunk played on the right and Duffy on the left?

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Don’t think he would have appreciated being nearly dropped off the stretcher when one of the medics tripped. Just needed the benny hill tune.

Why cant the full cart drive onto the pitch? Why do we have poorly paid / volunteer SJA pensioners having to carry players off on a stretcher? Get some bigger fecking wheels so there is no indent/damage to pitch, and get players off safely? Seen many beach wheelchairs strolling across sand with no indent....

Rant over, resume normal positions.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Duffy is nowhere near the footballer that Webster is, but there was nothing of alarm today. He just kept it simple, and also remains an awesome defender and a real threat at set plays.

Yes.

The left sided centre back is the ‘anchor’. The other is allowed to bomb forward. Duffy does not have the passing or dribbling skills that Webster or Dunk possess (although he defended magnificently today) so he had to act as the anchor.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

He didnt Duffy played down the centre with Dunk on his right and Burn on his left, and may I add it worked well.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

It's alarming that he has to play it simple in our current set up. That's not what we're about and knocking it five yards sideways on a water laden pitch is risky by itself. No conincidence at all that Dunk was cut off in order that the ball went to Duffy.

Don't get me wrong, he's an amazing stopper, our best header of the ball, a total threat at set pieces and willing to give blood for the cause (when in the right mood). But he somehow doesn't "fit" Potterball.

Yes.

The left sided centre back is the ‘anchor’. The other is allowed to bomb forward. Duffy does not have the passing or dribbling skills that Webster or Dunk possess (although he defended magnificently today) so he had to act as the anchor.

Yes, this exactly. Saved me typing it :thumbsup:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
It's alarming that he has to play it simple in our current set up. That's not what we're about and knocking it five yards sideways on a water laden pitch is risky by itself. No conincidence at all that Dunk was cut off in order that the ball went to Duffy.

Don't get me wrong, he's an amazing stopper, our best header of the ball, a total threat at set pieces and willing to give blood for the cause (when in the right mood). But he somehow doesn't "fit" Potterball.

Yes, this exactly. Saved me typing it :thumbsup:

Agree about Duffy +Potterball, which was alluded to by my first comment

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Isn’t Dunk one away from a suspension? I’d be surprised to see Webster back within the month....so if Dunk does get suspended....I wonder if Burn would move to the centre or Balogun play there?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here