Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wealthy overseas investors...

Sloe Joe

Oct 7, 2010
Absolute drivel - TB is in it for the long ball game as they say in the U S of A.
Don't believe oyherwise.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Mere piffling millionaires don't drop 120m+30m+56m+8m (ongoing debt) into one vanity project with little sign of recouping the loss.

I guess TB is really grateful of the grants etc that has reduced that outlay, but either way you cut it the phrase 'serious wedge' springs to mind.

I don't think we have had any grants due to the strings attached which we didn't want.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't think we have had any grants due to the strings attached which we didn't want.
I only threw that in as the money was mounting up.
I figured nobody would be stoopid enough to shell out that amount on soccerball.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Why do you consider BHA to be an excellent investment?

Premier facilities are already here, they wouldn't really need to invest in infrastructure. So spending on players could be the cheaper option in the short term, Swansea appear to be doing fine with the current flock of players, unlikely no one's going to go to the extremes of Abramovic, but if we had say, £25m to spend; we could get a few nice additions to the squad. But hey, it's all hypothetical.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
haha...how does anyone know this info??

It's the only thing to do with BHA where I can suggest I am in any way "in the know". Bloom is comfortably a billionaire.

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
No one has produced any evidence of Tony Blooms wealth that I am aware of.

We have invested substantially (and sensibly) in infrastructure rather than players which suggests investment with regard to a budget (not like Abomovich). Even for the investment that has clearly taken place, there is no proof of where the money has come from.

Also consider that we originally went to the banks for the Amex funding and the Tony Bloom funds only appeared when we were turned down. And there was never any chance we would have been able to borrow all the money even before the economic downturn.

I dont know where the money comes from but for anyone claiming that Mr Bloom is a multi billionaire, perhaps they could identify specifically any substancial assets of Mr Bloom other than the Amex.

Premier facilities are already here, they wouldn't really need to invest in infrastructure. So spending on players could be the cheaper option in the short term, Swansea appear to be doing fine with the current flock of players, unlikely no one's going to go to the extremes of Abramovic, but if we had say, £25m to spend; we could get a few nice additions to the squad. But hey, it's all hypothetical.

Sorry but I was hoping the OP might answer. Anyway, investment means putting your money into something (an asset) with the expectation of a return. BHA has recorded a profit only once in my memory (back in the 70's) so what makes it, or any other UK football club, an excellent investment?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
what I can't understand (and maybe someone can tell me) is if he has that much money why did he not step in whilst we still had the Goldstone ?

He hadn't made his fortune then , it was only later on that he began to keep the club afloat during the Withdean years and latterly laid out £120M for a new stadium and £30M for a new training academy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here