Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wealthy overseas investors...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
is he really a multi billionaire? He wasn't according to the times rich lists. I know he has a huge property portfolio in Australia with is tied up asset but in terms of actual capital available this might be something very different.

Not this again. Yes. Yes he is.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
is he really a multi billionaire? He wasn't according to the times rich lists. I know he has a huge property portfolio in Australia with is tied up asset but in terms of actual capital available this might be something very different.

The Sunday Times Rich List is mostly supposition and they forget people completely. TB was very happy to be omitted completely a few years ago.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
what I can't understand (and maybe someone can tell me) is if he has that much money why did he not step in whilst we still had the Goldstone ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Mere piffling millionaires don't drop 120m+30m+56m+8m (ongoing debt) into one vanity project with little sign of recouping the loss.

I guess TB is really grateful of the grants etc that has reduced that outlay, but either way you cut it the phrase 'serious wedge' springs to mind.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
what I can't understand (and maybe someone can tell me) is if he has that much money why did he not step in whilst we still had the Goldstone ?
14 years ago?

How much money, knowledge and experience did you have when you were 29, compared to now?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
It's an absolute inevitability - Bloom is a businessman, and a bloody good one by the sounds of it.

I'm sure he will always have some kind of stake in the club though.

I would expect he is investing in his children’s future, so I don't think that him selling out is inevitable.

The Bloom family has been part of the club for the last forty years and I don't see that changing any time soon, especially in the position we are in now.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
14 years ago?

How much money, knowledge and experience did you have when you were 29, compared to now?
that does not answer the question and I am sure if my father and grandfather were involved in the same business I would take advice from them

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
that does not answer the question and I am sure if my father and grandfather were involved in the same business I would take advice from them
Has TB been sitting on this fortune for 14 years, or has he been accumulating it from his own business interests since leaving uni?

(Good luck gaining any info from Wiki)

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Has TB been sitting on this fortune for 14 years, or has he been accumulating it from his own business interests since leaving uni?

(Good luck gaining any info from Wiki)

Don't forget its taken 10-15 years to even get the sign off on a site!

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Why would he need to sell unless he fell on seriously hard times? What would he do with the money from the sale? As a big Albion fan like Bloom, if I was a multi million/billionaire the first thing I would want to do is buy the club or invest in it. The way I see it he is living the dream by owning the football club he supports.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Blimey the OP posts an innocent hypothetical question and everyone rounds on him.

Only one comment I felt was below the belt and unnecessary especially as he/she has no idea who I am. Cheers anyway appreciated

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
If you have a whole heap of money what better to spend it on owning the club you support. Personally I can think of nothing that could too that with the possible exception of space travel.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I suggested similar that he could be ' holding the fort for a richer man/consortium' following a chat with an ex-player, on another thread and got slated good and proper

Last edited:

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
I suggested similar that he could be ' holdiog the fort for a richer man/cnsortium' following a chat with an ex-player, on another thread and got slated good and proper

damned if you do and all that! being totally honest I had heard exactly the same thing but didn't want to go down that route so maybe we know fk all but maybe a few will eb apologising in a few years to come. It would not surprise me if there are investors watching very closely but wtf do I know

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here