Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We would be top 6

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
There are not many strikers who score 15 let alone 20 goals in a season and those who do are in team who dominate and create lots of chances. The problem is we do create lots of chances (and decent chances at that) but our returns are so low. It’s not as simple as wanting a 15 goal a season striker. Given the chances we create, we should be inflating striker numbers much like Peterborough do. Sadly this season they’ve fallen off despite chances going up. And loads of us predicted it in the summer when we were left with only Maupay and Connolly who both suit playing alongside another striker and who are too similar to work well together. If we get a ‘10-12 goal a season’ striker they should end up with 15 for us.

We’re so rich in other areas of the pitch is the crazy thing. I love the moneyball approach for our level, but we’ve built it now so we have too much depth to use (not a bad thing IF the cream does float to the top) but we could just use that one big time striker for a couple of years or experienced proven head to come in and fill the gap until the strikers are ready. It doesn’t have to be a change from our philosophy to bring ONE in once. You could argue we’ve done it before with Upson, Bridge and now Lallana and Welbeck (who’s a wide forward not a striker).

One Vardy and we’re top 6
One Ings we’re top 8
One Watkins we’re top 10
With the chances we’re creating a Murray from 2-3 years ago and we’re top 10

The chances we’re creating if you plug someone decent in we’ll inflate their price due to chances we supply them with and sell for a profit (to pay their wages) and be able to go with our youth at that point if we’re confident those are the answer!

I'd like to offer an analogy by comparing us to an F1 team where Potter us our Hamilton. Now Ham has genuine claim to be the best driver ever but it's the team building the car which making it possible to be world number one. If the car is bad no matter how good Hamilton is he won't win a race let alone a championship. +To put this into perspective look at Alonso and Button, 2 world class drivers. But the Maclaren they drove was pants.Same for Potter, until his (Our) team has the right parts (players) who can make the BHA engine fire effectively and all the parts are in harmony then Albion will continue to splutter along near the back if the grid.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
MOTD stat- Man City have had 19 different goalscorers this season.19. We've only scored 26 odd.

Why would we compare ourselves to Manchester City. They have spent so much more money than we have, and it is obvious with a few exceptions maybe our players are not on the same level.

How many of our team would get in their team. Probably none.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
As a point of interest it’s only a few weeks ago that the OP was voting Potter OUT!

Fickle or what :smile:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
That’s your distorted truth. All I care about is my club, that is first, and I happen to genuinely believe we have the right manager to take us forward to the next level.. if, I repeat, if.. we look past the volatile short term results.

If I didn’t believe in the manager I would want Potter out. But, you can have that opinion without throwing insults around.

I took hold of some of your old posts dear boy as you were laying into myself and other supporters of the manager on match day threads. Our crime: believing in the manager. I merely used your words to indicate your hypocrisy. Perhaps the lesson here is not to use such insults and abuse in the first place rather than blame the person for repeating what you said. Now I wanted Hughton out, but you won’t find a single post from me insulting those who wanted to stick with him.

What utter waffle... you think others care less than superfan Vagabond about this club? because you love Potter?
Itt was you that used opinions I made on attacking players that had no direct bearing on Potter per se, (x player wasnt good - aha so its not Potter then) to try and bring up Potter, advance your own agenda, totally out of any context to the post I made and then use words like "astonishing pathetic mentality".

and when I use your exact same words to you, you cry about throwing insults around as you cite hypocrisy. Youre fighting a one man phoney war.

Btw the way I dont remember directly referring to you before now as a licker (though I stand to be corrected), its usually a generic thing for those that always find excuses for poor performance and excuse the manger of having any responsibility, whereas bedwetter is something that is often directed by you personally to anyone who questions the performances of 50k pw footballers or management.

Cant stand the heat, reply in context.

Dont like insults, dont throw them... dont like being called a licker for excusing poor performances, dont call others bedwetters who question them. Not hard is it.

Last edited:

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
It is so frustrating. We know that our can score. We have seen it in the past . For both Gross and Welbeck to miss the goal from penalties is unbelievable - but they did . Trossard, Maupay, etc are well capable of burying the chances that our fondly remembered forwards in past lower league days put away.
So why is it not happening? It’s not for want of trying but something is wrong. Solving it is the job of the coaching staff. They have to instill confidence, belief, whatever it takes to succeed.
I cannot claim to know the answer but we need the coaches to know.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here