Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We will win this league!

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I believe there will be many more twists and turns before the end of the season and much heart ache, just hopefully not for us!

Can't argue with that ... trying to ignore emotion this is how I see it. Only thing I know for sure is that it won't end like this and a win today and (improbable) loss for Burnley will have me adjusting upwards. But as you say many twists and turns, we need to maintain form and need just one slip up from those above us. Too close to call right now for sure but reckon 90 will be a good target

Football.jpg

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Looking at the top three sides I can only see the automatic qualifiires and the top side in the playoffs which is a relief, a number of teams have gained promotion to the top league which has proved to be a disaster,those who were watching the Albion when we were promoted to the then Division 1 can remember the delight at the end of the season,three months into the next season were well aware that there was a hell of a difference of defeating a top club in a cup match rather than playing the top teams in the country on a regular basis,there is a limit to how many games you can lift a team.
Tony Bloom has provided us with a decent Championship side playing in a terrific stadium I thank him for that.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Looking at the top three sides I can only see the automatic qualifiires and the top side in the playoffs which is a relief, a number of teams have gained promotion to the top league which has proved to be a disaster,those who were watching the Albion when we were promoted to the then Division 1 can remember the delight at the end of the season,three months into the next season were well aware that there was a hell of a difference of defeating a top club in a cup match rather than playing the top teams in the country on a regular basis,there is a limit to how many games you can lift a team.
Tony Bloom has provided us with a decent Championship side playing in a terrific stadium I thank him for that.

Oh yes I can well remember. We go up and we will lose far more than we win. At best it would be lower mid table with games starting at varying times to suit Sky.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I thought originally that hull and Burnley would be hard to beat, although I also thought someone would come through the pack...Birmingham was my ides.

I think hull and boro will be automatic with us in the playoff final against derby and my only concern is we do have certain games that we never look like scoring...difficult to beat ...but struggle to win.

I really do think we need something different...that something is Murray!

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Can't argue with that ... trying to ignore emotion this is how I see it. Only thing I know for sure is that it won't end like this and a win today and (improbable) loss for Burnley will have me adjusting upwards. But as you say many twists and turns, we need to maintain form and need just one slip up from those above us. Too close to call right now for sure but reckon 90 will be a good target

View attachment 72844

So going into last game at Boro you have us third with a win taking us up second on goal difference... I would take that!

waterhouse

Feb 22, 2009
somerset
Have to admit the next three games are vital to winning the league. Win against Burnley, Birmingham and Nottingham forest then we will be top no doubt about it and we will hold on to win the league. I have so much faith in our team 😀

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
When this thread was started I felt we had no chance of top two. I now think it's a possibility, who knows what I'll think after the Burnley game :shrug:

Twists and turns twists and turns....

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
When this thread was started I felt we had no chance of top two. I now think it's a possibility, who knows what I'll think after the Burnley game :shrug:

Twists and turns twists and turns....

If we beat Burnley, I know what I'll be thinking! :rave::drink::banana::rock:punk::ascarf::cheery::albion:

That said, I won't be too down hearted either. Like you say, twists and turns but we are bubbling along nicely.

waterhouse

Feb 22, 2009
somerset
Anyone else starting to believe we can win this league yet? If only joey Barton got sent off at the Amex. Then we would have gone on to win the game and would now be sitting 2 points clear at the top.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Anyone else starting to believe we can win this league yet? If only joey Barton got sent off at the Amex. Then we would have gone on to win the game and would now be sitting 2 points clear at the top.

Before the Burnley game i was going to put a bet at 8-1 on Albion to win the league,i don't bet and as a consequence i did not,but i think we have a chance although the experts probably have it right..if we go up i will be delighted..

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
My money on the handicap bet that gave us a 16 pt lead on Derby is looking safe.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Guess I will let these run...

image.jpeg

waterhouse

Feb 22, 2009
somerset
Before the Burnley game i was going to put a bet at 8-1 on Albion to win the league,i don't bet and as a consequence i did not,but i think we have a chance although the experts probably have it right..if we go up i will be delighted..
Ditto! But I did bet at the start of the season and stand to win big if we pull this off. But we will pull this off. It is our destiny!!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here