Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We were an ants whisker from....

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
A fairly selective view of the season. Look at it the other way: 3 1-0 wins against teams having an off period; a very fortunate 2-1 courtesy of VAR, a draw against Liverpool courtesy of VAR; failure to win any game having conceded first; failure to beat any of the current bottom teams (Wolves downwards) in the last 11 (ELEVEN) attempts, scoring 7 goals in the process. That is the weird shit. I think 7/2 on relegation is about right so lets keep calm, but lets not think we are so close to shooting stars. For sure, odd games leave you wondering but not 11.

All the stuff you list there is actually quite standard. Wins against teams having an off period ? Why is that Is that weird, or were they perhaps having an off day because we played alright and nullified them ? Nothing weird about that whatsoever. The VAR pen v Liverpool was perhaps debatable, but we've been conned out of points MANY times on that particular tariff. As for faiing to bear teams around us - thats nothing new. We turned it into a artform under Hughton. Failing to turn round a deficit ? We simply don't score enough goals to achieve that. Thats not weird, its just maths.

By weird shit, I mean I've seen game-changing events this season I've never seen before going against us, and ALL of them crucial. A goal scored after the full time whistle, woodwork hit x5 in ONE game, a goal disallowed, then allowed, then disallowed - wrongly. A penalty incorrectly awarded by VAR for a challenge outside the box, when the ref had got the original free kick call right (for which we later got an apology from the PGMOL). Kane fouling Lallana - dangerously - but being awarded a pen for it again after VAR had poured over it for however long.

This stuff is unprecedented, and has made a major dent in our points tally. If thats the new "norm" then bloody hell.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here