Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We underestimated our caravan dwelling neighbours

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
So basically you were lying as thought (an example is best used when it has an element of truth in it). Your knowledge of football is appalling - I suggest in the future if you are trying to score points over someone on the internet you actually know something of the subject you are discussing.

What was you first Palace game? - go on be truthful - I would guess that it is in the last three seasons.

I admit that my knowledge of Dagengham&Redbridge .vs. Brighton games is very poor. That's because we've not played them in my lifetime, I don't think. Something to do with Palace not being in League 1 because we've always been too good for that.

Why on earth would you suggest that my first Palace game has been in the last three seasons? It's hardly like we've been particularly attractive to new fans in recent years! My first Palace game was a 3-0 win over QPR in the 99/00 season. Your maths is slightly off.

By the way, have you managed to track down those Palace posts saying I don't go to games yet? There's £100 to REMF in it for you. I suspect you haven't because, as usual, you're lying.

Don't let the door hit your arse on the way out.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Not too often ? Try you lot above us once in 30 odd years.

I was talking in level playing field terms-since the birth of the amex

30 years from now the Amex will have 90 odd years left in it(designed to last 125 years),where will Selhurst be i wonder

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Glad to see 4000 complimentary tickets and Groupon did the trick today......only 6000 less than we get.

Well done.

Paul Skinback

Oct 3, 2009
Murray = CMS (different but both just as good)
Zaha > Buckley (mainly because Buckley is injured a lot!)
Williams > Vicente (because Vicente never plays!)
Dikgacoi = Bridcutt (ones a powerhouse the other is a passer. Equal)
Jedinak > Hammond (Did Southampton carry him to 2nd last season?)
Speroni < Koooshack (think we have the best GK. but speroni is very good)
Blake < Bruno (Bruno is a class above the rest)
Delaney and ramage < Greer and el abd (we have the better CB's at the minute)
Moxey and Parr < Bridge (bridge! Nothing else to say)

Before anyone says anything, i was at the game!
Bridge will get destroyed by Zaha i can assure you of that. Whilst he is hot, he is only hot for 20-30 minutes of a game but that's usually when he does the most damage. Our squad has at last depth, we have 4 forwards, 8 very decent midfielders and 8 defenders including our Captain who'll hopefully be back within a month. Unlike last year we are not a small team physically this year, infact the opposite.
I like the way some on here have started to call Murray scum now because he 7/7. If he scores against you this year he'll still have the class to not celebrate. Bolasie is starting to look the real deal now but that would detract from the rest of our team that are playing well.
The better side of things is still to come next year when we can unviel at least 3 players from the U21's, Banton, Sekajja and Innes. Sekajja is like Wilf only quicker and with an eye for goal.
And this is no bollocks, for the first time in 35 years of going to Selhurst, this is the THIRD time only that i've seen a team that could compete with most. I almost got a stirring when the 4th goal went but at 0-2 i knew we'd get something from the game.
Still think that we'll only get 12 seconds on the BBC tonight and they'll focus on something Northern and someone on here will still say you are bigger and better than us because we only got just short of 21k today.

The big game beckons.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
You are very silly. Clearly you are young and don't realise that nothing is that certain in football. Once you've been a fan for a few years you'll know what I mean. You don't have a superior squad, because you simply don't have any players of the same quality of Wilf/Moritz. You haven't got any strikers better than Murray, and your aging Spanish chaps aren't cutting the mustard (with the exception of Bruno who I hear you all love).

How on earth could you possibly begin to PROVE that your squad is better than ours? At the moment all the evidence you've got is your word. I mean, look at the league table. We're ahead of you, and we've played some bloody difficult teams so far. Your start has been a walk in the park by comparison, and yet your "superior" squad isn't doing it.

Your arrogance is the biggest indicator as to your infancy as a Brighton fan. Any Brighton fan who stood in the pissing rain at Withdean watching you scrap out a 1-0 defeat to Dagenham&Redbridge wouldn't speak like you do.

Just when I had to reread the thread as it seemed you were making sense you go back to your normal rosé tinted glasses. At this moment in time Palace are playing well no denying (God that hurt) but this is the Championship so it won't last but I do think the 2 squads are incredibly equally balanced which makes the 2 derbies probably the most anticipated since the 70s.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Pathetic thread. Pointless arguments.

As you,re one of the few worth responding to, you must be more than a little pleased at how your seasons going so far. Enjoy the next fortnight.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I wonder who'll come in for Zaha now he's realising some of his potential?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I admit that my knowledge of Dagengham&Redbridge .vs. Brighton games is very poor. That's because we've not played them in my lifetime, I don't think. Something to do with Palace not being in League 1 because we've always been too good for that.

Why on earth would you suggest that my first Palace game has been in the last three seasons? It's hardly like we've been particularly attractive to new fans in recent years! My first Palace game was a 3-0 win over QPR in the 99/00 season. Your maths is slightly off.

By the way, have you managed to track down those Palace posts saying I don't go to games yet? There's £100 to REMF in it for you. I suspect you haven't because, as usual, you're lying.

Ha - newbie

Blimey 12 years - you've really seen some football haven't you - you must be nearly 20 by now. Never seen Palace win anything then.

By the way my BBS access is presently blocked due to the Nervous Nigels on there not having a sense of humour - but the posts are on there believe me.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Still think that we'll only get 12 seconds on the BBC tonight and they'll focus on something Northern and someone on here will still say you are bigger and better than us because we only got just short of 21k today.

The big game beckons.

We have found something I can agree with, we have the same view of the bias on BBC

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
You are very silly. Clearly you are young and don't realise that nothing is that certain in football. Once you've been a fan for a few years you'll know what I mean. You don't have a superior squad, because you simply don't have any players of the same quality of Wilf/Moritz. You haven't got any strikers better than Murray, and your aging Spanish chaps aren't cutting the mustard (with the exception of Bruno who I hear you all love).

How on earth could you possibly begin to PROVE that your squad is better than ours? At the moment all the evidence you've got is your word. I mean, look at the league table. We're ahead of you, and we've played some bloody difficult teams so far. Your start has been a walk in the park by comparison, and yet your "superior" squad isn't doing it.

Matter of opinions, Vicente has miles out performed any of your squad in his career and let's hope he can just stay fit long enough, so has bridge. Bruno played for valencia. And tomaz played for man utd, again Imo he is better than the hairlipped one.

Not sure any games are walks in the park this season. We won 3 - 1 away to Burnley, only let in one goal against them. You conceded 3. We thrashed Barnsley off the park then they thrash brum who beat us. Going to be a long season.

Sainsburys3tescos1

Jul 18, 2012
If they keep Zaha after january they'll be quality. If they sell him they'll just buy 3 players and still be quality! Win win for them! Makes me laugh when people say palace are shit. They're no worse or better off than us apart from attendances really.

Murray = CMS (different but both just as good)
Zaha > Buckley (mainly because Buckley is injured a lot!)
Williams > Vicente (because Vicente never plays!)
Dikgacoi = Bridcutt (ones a powerhouse the other is a passer. Equal)
Jedinak > Hammond (Did Southampton carry him to 2nd last season?)
Speroni < Koooshack (think we have the best GK. but speroni is very good)
Blake < Bruno (Bruno is a class above the rest)
Delaney and ramage < Greer and el abd (we have the better CB's at the minute)
Moxey and Parr < Bridge (bridge! Nothing else to say)

We don't have a plan B again! Going to be another difficult season to reach the playoffs for us!

Pretty much agree with that ,but at the moment we are better next month it may switch round.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Blimey 12 years - you've really seen some football haven't you - you must be nearly 20 by now. Never seen Palace win anything then.

By the way my BBS access is presently blocked due to the Nervous Nigels on there not having a sense of humour - but the posts are on there believe me.

No seriously Major-you are very young and know nothing,nothing you hear...

This Palace fan will know by seasons end that Brighton will have averaged more in the Championship than they ever have in that magical world the Premier.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
The only underestimating is what Palace think Brighton are,more fool them.

Bounce back ability :lolol: to coin a phrase

Matter of opinions, Vicente has miles out performed any of your squad in his career and let's hope he can just stay fit long enough, so has bridge. Bruno played for valencia. And tomaz played for man utd, again Imo he is better than the hairlipped one.

Not sure any games are walks in the park this season. We won 3 - 1 away to Burnley, only let in one goal against them. You conceded 3. We thrashed Barnsley off the park then they thrash brum who beat us. Going to be a long season.

Don't forget the scum lost at home to Watford and we beat them away and they will go belly up against Millwall on and off the park . Can't think of anyone Palace have beaten that we have lost to.

They are making a decent fist of it but class will tell around new year. As in most leagues the better supported teams will occupy the top slots later in the season. Unfortunately their own supporters are their very own downfall - shame for them but if you don't care on the terraces then it eventually shows on the pitch.

God knows how we won so many trophies at Withdean - fecking marvellous ain't we :albion2:

No seriously Major-you are very young and know nothing,nothing you hear...

This Palace fan will know by seasons end that Brighton will have averaged more in the Championship than they ever have in that magical world the Premier.

:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

I wish I was very very young - Season 1999 - 2000 and he talks like he's seen it all - what a w*nker. Very suited to Palace.

It's a skill winkling info out of the Nigels but they always expose themselves as their inferiority complex kicks in eventually and they grass themselves up. Still can't remember that 1-0 defeat to D & Redbridge though. :lolol:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Don't forget the scum lost at home to Watford and we beat them away and they will go belly up against Millwall on and off the park . Can't think of anyone Palace have beaten that we have lost to.

They are making a decent fist of it but class will tell around new year. As in most leagues the better supported teams will occupy the top slots later in the season. Unfortunately their own supporters are their very own downfall - shame for them but if you don't care on the terraces then it eventually shows on the pitch.

God knows how we won so many trophies at Withdean - fecking marvellous ain't we :albion2:

And remember some have only followed Palace long enough to remember Brighton being at Gillingham and Withdean and forget we averaged 3,500 in the Basement 70 miles from home,makes a mockery of their 6500 crowds of 1986 in the 2nd tier.

The momentum continues to build in Brighton's recovery-planning permission for our £21 million training facility only this week proves this,we march forwards.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
The second half performance was excellent today, we looked like we could have scored at any time . As some of you have said, we conceded a few too many goals for my liking, but I'll take that all day long if we still rip teams apart at the other end.
It's early days, and you won't get me shouting from the rooftops, but we are looking a decent team ATM.
I hope we both are challenging come the end of the season.
Finally, The Major, you're coming across a bit pathetic with your constant anti Palace ramblings, even your own fans know it, ease up a bit, and maybe you can indulge in some decent banter .

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Before anyone says anything, i was at the game!
Bridge will get destroyed by Zaha i can assure you of that. Whilst he is hot, he is only hot for 20-30 minutes of a game but that's usually when he does the most damage. Our squad has at last depth, we have 4 forwards, 8 very decent midfielders and 8 defenders including our Captain who'll hopefully be back within a month. Unlike last year we are not a small team physically this year, infact the opposite.
I like the way some on here have started to call Murray scum now because he 7/7. If he scores against you this year he'll still have the class to not celebrate. Bolasie is starting to look the real deal now but that would detract from the rest of our team that are playing well.
The better side of things is still to come next year when we can unviel at least 3 players from the U21's, Banton, Sekajja and Innes. Sekajja is like Wilf only quicker and with an eye for goal.
And this is no bollocks, for the first time in 35 years of going to Selhurst, this is the THIRD time only that i've seen a team that could compete with most. I almost got a stirring when the 4th goal went but at 0-2 i knew we'd get something from the game.

The big game beckons.

When we meet again on the 1st of December the result will be a 0-0 draw, you will not score because we have the best defence and goalkeeper in this division , we will not score because our forwards are not good enough for this division

The second half performance was excellent today, we looked like we could have scored at any time . As some of you have said, we conceded a few too many goals for my liking, but I'll take that all day long if we still rip teams apart at the other end.
It's early days, and you won't get me shouting from the rooftops, but we are looking a decent team ATM.
I hope we both are challenging come the end of the season.
Finally, The Major, you're coming across a bit pathetic with your constant anti Palace ramblings, even your own fans know it, ease up a bit, and maybe you can indulge in some decent banter .

Thanks for the advice but I would suggest you put your own house in order first. I learnt everything I know from the BBS where Brighton fans are constantly abused with stuff that really should result in the Police being advised - banter is not the word for it.

A lot of the posters on hear should do a turn on the BBS and then see how they feel about Crystal Palace and their supporters. Scum is being kind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here