Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We should of never .....

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
We have a better Manager

Based on...?

Genuine question. Not sure how you can make that judgement yet, certainly at this current time. I know you didn't like gus and his 'boring' passing which got us into the playoffs and gave us an identity and won plaudits and drew in the crowds, but what have you seen so far to state OG is better?

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
totally agree. The fact we did not recruit a striker in the summer is starting to look silly. Every team is going to get injuries. You need at least 2 quality strikers at all times to get promoted in this league regardless of injuries.

I completely agree with you in terms of our stlye of play. Regardless of injuries Garcia has turned a slip passing operation into a team that panics has no shape gives the ball away and hoofs it. On face value not much spanish flair has been seen yet. Also i would suggest that not getting a striker in the summer and in more recent weeks on loan is tantetmount to negligence by the club. I dont undertstand why anyone would invest £150 million into a football club and allow this situation to develope. All very strange for me.

In Garcia's defence he has has some terrible luck but i am far from convinced......

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Should never have got rid of Gus the way we did.

There are reasons why other teams make it a clean break when removing a manager - I suspect that not many teams will follow the example we have set.

You are as blinkered as the OP. Gus did not want to stay with Brighton & Hove Albion. (whether it was due to Barber, the Piglets Pies or wanting a higher paid/higher budget job remains to be seen) I don't know what some people find so hard to grasp about that? Him being here now wasn't even an option so stop crying about it and move on! Even when he was here he would be whoring himself out to pretty much any job offer that was seen as step up from Brighton. Either that or wanting to go home when the going got tough...

Gus has gone, get over it...

What has any of that to do with the WAY we got rid of Gus ???

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
This is just stating the obvious, but it will wind up a lot of people.

We should have done everything we could to keep him - We would be on course for the Premier League if we did, this season would have inevitability been our promotion season.

Sacking Gus is a profound & monumental **** up from the board.

You are not in a position to make such a bald statement,because you don't know what happened to bring about his sacking.
Get over it Musafa or seek treatment for your Poyet obsession.

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
How many games did we lose under Gus when we scored first though ???

Fair point, but I was just trying to show that there's an element of "swings and roundabouts" and why we wouldn't necessarily have more points at this stage with GP in charge.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
What bothers me about OG is his apparent lack of passion on the touchline. I didn't expect him to be another Poyet, but NJ was the only guy from the bench yesterday trying to encourage or motivate the players.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
What has any of that to do with the WAY we got rid of Gus ???

The way we got rid of Gus? If you know all the 100% facts then please tell us all. If you are referring to him being sacked on the BBC then I think we are all aware Gus knew he was on his way out and made it look like he was stitched up.. It was confirmed he went and visited a few of the players to say his goodbyes the same day as appearing on the BBC.

Do you think publicly holding the board to ransom on TV before the floodlights had even gone out after the Palace game is acceptable? He thought he was bigger than the club and got served!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here