Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We should of never .....

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
what I find hard to take is we have gone from total football to hoof ball. The number of times we give the ball away in a game is unbelievable. Why have we have stopped playing it out from the back? When koosh kicks it up the other end of the pitch it just comes straight back at us.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Bloom and Barber took one hell of a gamble getting rid of Gus. If we're not fighting for a playoff place at the end of the season then the gamble hasn't paid off. In that situation I will blame them not Oscar.

That said I still think Oscar should be given a whole season to prove himself.

Tory Boy

Jun 14, 2004
Brighton
Bloom and Barber took one hell of a gamble getting rid of Gus. If we're not fighting for a playoff place at the end of the season then the gamble hasn't paid off. In that situation I will blame them not Oscar.
If it comes down to gambling, I'm very happy to be on the same side as our chairman.

TB

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
This is just stating the obvious, but it will wind up a lot of people.

We should have done everything we could to keep him - We would be on course for the Premier League if we did, this season would have inevitability been our promotion season.

Sacking Gus is a profound & monumental **** up from the board.

Please phuck off. You cannot see that your hero phucked up our best promotion chance in generations. You really do need to move on.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
what I find hard to take is we have gone from total football to hoof ball. The number of times we give the ball away in a game is unbelievable. Why have we have stopped playing it out from the back? When koosh kicks it up the other end of the pitch it just comes straight back at us.

All we needed to do was replace the players who were released with championship quality players and play the way we did albeit slightly quicker. Instead players now look un disciplined in terms of shape defensively and playing awful long hero balls.

I wonder if Bloom is privately puzzled with our style of play?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
If it comes down to gambling, I'm very happy to be on the same side as our chairman.

TB

I'll wait and see - I'm personally not sure Bloom called it correctly. Hopefully we'll see a court case that will put the facts out in the public domain. Only then can we really judge both parties.

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
All we needed to do was replace the players who were released with championship quality players and play the way we did albeit slightly quicker. Instead players now look un disciplined in terms of shape defensively and playing awful long hero balls.

I wonder if Bloom is privately puzzled with our style of play?

totally agree. The fact we did not recruit a striker in the summer is starting to look silly. Every team is going to get injuries. You need at least 2 quality strikers at all times to get promoted in this league regardless of injuries.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
This is just stating the obvious, but it will wind up a lot of people.

We should have done everything we could to keep him - We would be on course for the Premier League if we did, this season would have inevitability been our promotion season.

Sacking Gus is a profound & monumental **** up from the board.

I will be so glad when Poyet gets another managerial job because hopefully you will f 'off and go and support them!

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world

That said I still think Oscar should be given a whole season to prove himself.

nice rewriting of history there fella.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Should never have got rid of those mobile burger vans from Withdean either!

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
We should have tried to keep him. Not by increasing the budget, but there are always ways. Whether he would have left or not of his own volition we can guess but don't know. But we would have saved so much angst and turmoil in the process. He may have been sunderland manager by now but the compo would have been nice and the new manager would have had a smoother transition than poor oscar has had. And we wouldn't be having all these hand-wringing threads. There may be a lot of people prepared to vocally dismiss gus, denigrate and downplay him, as we see here, but there will be a lot silently agreeing with the op.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Should never have got rid of Gus the way we did.

There are reasons why other teams make it a clean break when removing a manager - I suspect that not many teams will follow the example we have set.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
what I find hard to take is we have gone from total football to hoof ball.

There was a non-negligible number of posters on this board last year, before the team turned the corner at the end of the winter, demanding we do precisely this.

Genius idea then, terrible idea now? Or vice versa? I'm confused.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Should never have got rid of Gus the way we did.

There are reasons why other teams make it a clean break when removing a manager - I suspect that not many teams will follow the example we have set.

You are as blinkered as the OP. Gus did not want to stay with Brighton & Hove Albion. (whether it was due to Barber, the Piglets Pies or wanting a higher paid/higher budget job remains to be seen) I don't know what some people find so hard to grasp about that? Him being here now wasn't even an option so stop crying about it and move on! Even when he was here he would be whoring himself out to pretty much any job offer that was seen as step up from Brighton. Either that or wanting to go home when the going got tough...

Gus has gone, get over it...

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here