Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We need to start to show more faith in youngsters

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Walton will not develope anymore as a player in the development squad, he needs regular first team action this season, whether we choose to rotate him with Ankergren ? surely there must be a reason why we chose to keep Anks

New goalkeeping coach ( eg how to dominate the penalty box, how to smoke 20 Malboroughs a day and still be a top flight footballer etc etc etc)?!!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I think the Crawley manager commented on his lack of fitness rather than his effort. Gregory later apologised for his comments.
Having seen him 2 or 3 times for the DS I do think he would give us KLL type options on the right wing.

Gregory apologized for 'going public' with his Monakana fitness (sorry about getting that bit wrong) criticism. I suspect Gregory has a point about Jeff's potentially wasting his undoubted talent. Having said that I agree with you that Monakana looked Kaz-like in the DS games I watched on YouTube.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Ankergren is staying with us but won't be first choice (obviously)
Walton should play cup games and Caspar play when the first choice keeper isn't available.
Dunky, JFC, Ince and Solly should all be regular squad members as they were last year. Would be inclined to give Dunk a starting place and let the others fight it out for places with the more experienced CM's.
A new first choice keeper is now the most important signing of the summer.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Too risky for me. Personally, I would re-sign / replace TK. Replacement has to be of similar ability to TK. Walton at number 2. Release Anks.

Sorry, I have to disagree, if Walton is as good as what he is potentially rated, giving him lots of game time next season will make him even stronger the season after. It's the difference between thinking short term or long term so it depends on how you want to look at it.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Sorry, I have to disagree, if Walton is as good as what he is potentially rated, giving him lots of game time next season will make him even stronger the season after. It's the difference between thinking short term or long term so it depends on how you want to look at it.

... and all the time the Prem parachute payments fiasco makes it harder and harder for us to compete in the Championship. Sometimes the short termist option is preferable. If Walton wants/needs more games than the cup ones, then loan him to a league 1 or 2 club. Anks retained and benched.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
... and all the time the Prem parachute payments fiasco makes it harder and harder for us to compete in the Championship. Sometimes the short termist option is preferable. If Walton wants/needs more games than the cup ones, then loan him to a league 1 or 2 club. Anks retained and benched.

If the option is to send him out on loan, he would be better off joining Arsenal for them to send him out on loan, on much better pay.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
If the option is to send him out on loan, he would be better off joining Arsenal for them to send him out on loan, on much better pay.

He may be happy with being number 2 here (with cup games), rather than number 4/5 at Arsenal or Man City, with zero chance of hitting their first team. In fact, that is what he seems to be saying via the Argus article.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I agree with your general point and principle. We should give the young players a chance and be seen as a club where players get the chance. I don't know how good Walton is now though, and goalie is a tricky position, as a club like us can't have another top goalie as backup (whereas we can have spare top players in outfield positions, and rotate them).

Maybe this is where an older goalie with EPL experience is looking to transition from player to coach and this is our back up?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here