Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We need a pacy striker to play alongside Dicko...but who?

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Now im hoping this Bennett lad is the creative and fast winger weve been searching for. Someone who is not afraid to go at a defender and beat him.....a hopeful game changer and by the sounds of it....IT IS!

Final jigsaw piece....is that elusive striker.

Anyone heard any names mentioned, Bloom has already said the sharp thing is dead in the water.....but you never know, he could end up here on a season long loan and sharp is exactly what we need.

I saw yesterday...Danny Webber is in talks with Swansea....he's also the type of player we need.

jharris

Feb 27, 2009
Haven't heard anything on the striker thing, Fabian Brandy of Man Utd (ex Swansea on loan) or even (but a bit raw) Charles Ademeno of Crawley would be good signings.

sashnash

Seagull in East London
Feb 26, 2009
Haven't heard anything on the striker thing, Fabian Brandy of Man Utd (ex Swansea on loan) or even (but a bit raw) Charles Ademeno of Crawley would be good signings.

Brandy's four goals in League One made him Hereford's second highest goalscorer for the 2008-09 season. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I don't mean to be controversial, but I think Dickinson IS the pacy striker. We've seen that he's not going to win much in the air but is good on the deck. He seems to have reasonable pace a decent eye for goal. What he needs is someone to win the ball in the air for him (if that's the way we're going to play), an Owusu-type player. Either that, or get the ball down and play to Dickinsons strength, which is balls into feet, rather than hoofing it.

face in the crowd

Jan 20, 2006
I don't mean to be controversial, but I think Dickinson IS the pacy striker. We've seen that he's not going to win much in the air but is good on the deck. He seems to have reasonable pace a decent eye for goal. What he needs is someone to win the ball in the air for him (if that's the way we're going to play), an Owusu-type player. Either that, or get the ball down and play to Dickinsons strength, which is balls into feet, rather than hoofing it.

Totally agree. This type of striker would be the ideal partner for Dickinson, Forster and Davies.

Dickinson scored 4 goals in 2 games when he was partnered by Ben Burgess while on loan at Blackpool and Davies score 6 in 12 when playing up front with Matt McNeil at Stockport.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Forster would roam across the pitch and take defenders with him thus leaving a hole for Dickenson to go through as no team could afford to let Forster just roam free. The same could be said of a fit, head in gear Murray in September when he realises he has no choice but to stay until at least Christmas.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here