Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We need a major concourse redesign!

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
forks by the kiosks, not at the back of the labyrinth, would be good for me!

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
If ever history repeats itself and we somehow end up potless and in Gillingham, I can take a small crumb of comfort from knowing.......

4-p

Sep 3, 2011
Shoreham
At half time in ESU massive bottle necks are caused at the back of the queues where people try to get past to queue themselves.

This is not helped by bins being put sideways right in the gap with a steward stood next to them.

This is also not helped by the Telly that everyone watches being right above the same spot.

There's dozens of people trying to pass each other in a gap made 2 metres wide, it's so stupid.

Then people get annoyed at being boxed in, so they push and shove, beer gets spilled in the floor, everything takes longer and everyone's just angry.

It's a very pointless cause of frustration that seems fairly easy to fix.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I think a lot of this feed back my be small issues but they all are things that should be sorted out .its not rocket science but will help our sales and profits. :cheers:

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
We do not need a major concourse redesign. f*** me shut up.

Agreed. But there are loads of small things that could be done to improve the concourses (likewise the transport)

Lots of them have been mentioned to the club, and the comments 'passed on'

Unfortunately i suspect he no one from the club's hiarachary has queued on the concourses at half time for a drink, tried to get in/out of the toilets at H/T, or stand in the rain for the P+R

People like me, who has watched the team for close to 35 years will be back next season whatever. But for newbies who may um and ah over whether to renew theit STs, the club needs to up its game on some issues.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Agreed. But there are loads of small things that could be done to improve the concourses (likewise the transport)

Lots of them have been mentioned to the club, and the comments 'passed on'

Unfortunately i suspect he no one from the club's hiarachary has queued on the concourses at half time for a drink, tried to get in/out of the toilets at H/T, or stand in the rain for the P+R

People like me, who has watched the team for close to 35 years will be back next season whatever. But for newbies who may um and ah over whether to renew theit STs, the club needs to up its game on some issues.

Agreed that a tweak here and there would be beneficial to a lot of people.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
The layout and design seems to really struggle with the cracking crowds we have,esu needs more outlets,better service,more toilets preferably with two doors and hand dryers in a sensible place,tv's relocated to encourage people not to clog up the whole place,you have to negotiate several hundred people just to find milk for a tea,the net result must be people not spending as much as they might,can't the albion take over the catering themselves and keep all profit,i would be happier spending my cash if they were collecting all the loot for themselves:thumbsup:

Back to Withdean then. If its that shit dont bother coming.

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Last Saturday, playing Arsenal? Record crowd? My expectations were for huge queues, for everything.

The reality? Had to queue in East Upper at 2.30 for a pie and coffee... for TWO minutes. Brilliant service, wonderful chicken balti pie. Maybe three minutes queuing for the toilets at half time.

What ARE people complaining about? How many other entertainment venues serving 25,000-plus people anywhere can match that?

Last Saturday, playing Arsenal? Record crowd? My expectations were for huge queues, for everything.

The reality? Had to queue in East Upper at 2.30 for a pie and coffee... for TWO minutes. Brilliant service, wonderful chicken balti pie. Maybe three minutes queuing for the toilets at half time.

What ARE people complaining about? How many other entertainment venues serving 25,000-plus people anywhere can match that?

They are not serving 25,000 plus that's the problem:facepalm:

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
forks by the kiosks, not at the back of the labyrinth, would be good for me!

I'd guess that the reason the forks, sauces etc are at the back of the concourse rather than by the kiosks is to try and keep the queues moving rather than having people standing around in the way after they've been served.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Sometimes I wonder if I actually go to the same stadium as some of the posters on here. I'm in the WSU and I have to say this season the service has been pretty good and a vast improvement on the early days at the Amex. In fact given the state I was in when left on saturday I could have done with the queues being a little longer!

For anyone moaning about the service at half time, honestly what do you expect, it is maximum demand in a very small time frame so there are bound to be queues, it is is to be expected.

My one suggestion would be to have some e-cash only tills, not e-cash and cards, as card sales can still hold things up a little, but that's about it. How anyone could find anything to moan about on saturday really should get a life.

Sometimes I wonder if I actually go to the same stadium as some of the posters on here. I'm in the WSU and I have to say this season the service has been pretty good and a vast improvement on the early days at the Amex. In fact given the state I was in when left on saturday I could have done with the queues being a little longer!

For anyone moaning about the service at half time, honestly what do you expect, it is maximum demand in a very small time frame so there are bound to be queues, it is is to be expected.

My one suggestion would be to have some e-cash only tills, not e-cash and cards, as card sales can still hold things up a little, but that's about it. How anyone could find anything to moan about on saturday really should get a life.

I like to think the club are striving for excellence both on and off the field,as a lifelong fan i would like the income from catering to be the best it could be! its not! People are swerving the catering for a number of reasons i just want the facilities to earn the income they deserve,settling for mediocrity is not a option.Just a reminder we need to make up 8 million a season just to break even???

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I like to think the club are striving for excellence both on and off the field,as a lifelong fan i would like the income from catering to be the best it could be! its not! People are swerving the catering for a number of reasons i just want the facilities to earn the income they deserve,settling for mediocrity is not a option.Just a reminder we need to make up 8 million a season just to break even???

I disagree that we are settling for mediocrity, the service has vastly improved since the early days at the Amex. Procedures are constantly under review, and even though I am not dissatisfied with the current situation I expect things to improve even more in the future. I avail myself of the refreshments at the Amex at every game, I have no problem getting served before and after the game, and most halftimes I get served as well although there will be the odd occasion where I miss out, but hey ho no big deal.

To suggest that we have a serious problem is in my view over-stating it somewhat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here