Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We need a major concourse redesign!

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
While they're at it can someone re-design the nightmare that passes for the bus park and ride site? With people having to walk in front of the Mithras House buses someone's going to get killed before too long.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I think the ESU is pretty damn good. Only slight problem is the TVs seem to be place right next to the blokes causing a bit of a jam but it's nothing i'd get too worked up about. Them stopping serving at 5.10 on Saturday was a little odd though

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Yep, I like life in the WSU - but the design of only having entrances at the ends where the concourse is extremely narrow does make it very busy in the half hour up to kick off. The pinch point, which is next to my stand entrance also features the bar and a telly to encourage people to stand around.

This.
It seems to be a case where aesthetics (the overall curved design of the stadium, resulting in the narrow ends you mention) have won out over the practical aspects of managing crowd flow. It's a real bottleneck when you've got people going in one direction coming into the stadium, people coming in the other direction having had their drinks/pies/piss and going to their seats, and lots of people still queuing or drinking in the middle. Not a lot that can be done really, other than perhaps moving the screen away from that area, moving the sales points towards the centre, or making it harder for people to stand and drink at the ends (taking the side counters away from that end, so there's nowhere to put your drink, and increasing the number of counters in the centre of the concourse?).

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
??? - Don't get how different parts of the same ground generate such different experiences?

SW corner is excellent (since the change of caterers!).

Have not yet failed to get the 3Ps (Pie, Pint and Piss) all done and dusted before the restart!

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
??? - Don't get how different parts of the same ground generate such different experiences?

SW corner is excellent (since the change of caterers!).

Have not yet failed to get the 3Ps (Pie, Pint and Piss) all done and dusted before the restart!

The West Stand Upper will vary depending on where you sit, so i'm not supprised it varys round, The WSU and the North possibly have the largest amount of pre/half-time/post match drinkers causing more queues for beers, pies and the bog.

The staff for me are the main issue and each till should be manned by two people taking double orders, they basically need quailty bar staff who no how to manage a busy bar running and serving the place, however thataint ever going to happen, we have 16-20 year olds trying their best, but not quite good enough.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
They have them is the north,south,east and lower west, are you sure they don't in upper west?

If you are talking about the mobile stalls then forget it, theyre even slower than the main kiosk. Usually one kid who has no idea how to poor abeer then spends 5 minutes fumbling in his bumbag for change.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
If you are talking about the mobile stalls then forget it, theyre even slower than the main kiosk. Usually one kid who has no idea how to poor abeer then spends 5 minutes fumbling in his bumbag for change.

But they are "beer queues only" for which you asked for.

They had a really slick operation going in the North Stand concourse on Saturday (west end). Plenty of pints of Harvey's pre-poured (but still fresh) and short queues.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
No mobile beer vendors in the ESU - did really help reduce queues in the ESL last season.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
The West Stand Upper will vary depending on where you sit, so i'm not supprised it varys round, The WSU and the North possibly have the largest amount of pre/half-time/post match drinkers causing more queues for beers, pies and the bog.

The staff for me are the main issue and each till should be manned by two people taking double orders, they basically need quailty bar staff who no how to manage a busy bar running and serving the place, however thataint ever going to happen, we have 16-20 year olds trying their best, but not quite good enough.

No one that good would work once maybe twice a week nor find enough of them.

I've found those who rush out early end up in a que, I stroll out when whistle goes wait a min then in the loo.

It's not that much of a hard ship it's a football stadium not a restaurant I don't know why so many have such high expectations.

Having re read my post I'd like to make it clear this isn't aimed at the quotee.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
They had a really slick operation going in the North Stand concourse on Saturday (west end). Plenty of pints of Harvey's pre-poured (but still fresh) and short queues.

Sounds like heaven. We had untrained drones wandering around behind the tills .

This is no lie but apart from 2 games this season every server I have had has said '' sorry, it's my first day''. I keep wanting to say'' guarantee you it's your last as well'' but I just don't have the heart.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here