Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We have a striker at last

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I genuinely wasn't excited about the CMS signing in 2011, and although he's a fans favourite and lovely bloke apparently, so it proved to be.

Ulloa is the first class striker since Murray, and is learning fast that half-diving and whinging at English refs will get him nowhere.

His third goal reminded me of typical Ward goals at the Goldstone. Class.

Johnnyboy

Sep 25, 2010
North Hampshire
keep the donkey that is McSmudger off of the pitch and we look like having a chance of promotion

Mutts, mate, it is a little bit like your posts on here. It takes all sorts to make a team/forum and just as we don't give up on your posts, you shouldn't give up on McSmudger! UTA

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
McSmudger falls over every time a player goes near him or when he has a chance of a goal, he is shit

Time for your bed me thinks. Goodnight.

Feb 3, 2013
He should leave us this summer, for his own good. I feel quite guilty actually, he was amazing in that league one winning season, we sign him and his form drops. He jus doesn't fit in our way of playing. I know he can be a great player, form is temporary, class is permanent

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Price tags are misleading.

I imagine if CMS has been undisclosed, he would receive such a harsh treatment from some of our fans. It certainly doesn't help his case that 'he was a replacement for FFSMurray'.

His transfer fee will be very small if he aids our way in to the top flight. He's played a big part in ensuring where we are in the league.

Dullards and nobs decide that a player is shit before they have even laced up their boots.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Errrrr, CMS actually won us the penalty and we scored the 3 goals after he came on !!

Yes he didnt score them but he did play a part.

Exactly what part did he play in Ulloa's two goals that were scored when he was on the pitch? To say he played a part other than that he was on the same pitch is tenuous to say the least.

Lawson

Feb 25, 2012
Hilarious. Are you saying the supply has magically improved overnight? Or that Ulloa would have scored ZERO goals if he had played instead of CMS?

What a stupid suggestion, no im saying he might not have scored anymore than CMS did.

We have not magically improved no, Poyet improved the tactics. You can clearly see now that we attack far more and take greater risks that has allowed us to go for a win/lose situation rather than settling for draws, evidenced by Poyet's decision to bring on Barnes and CMS much earlier than his usual changes and far more positive than earlier in the season.

CMS had a great spell at the start of the season so hopefully given the right run in the team he can do it again with Ulloa, and we Ulloa to replicate this form and not let it be a one off. Ulloa gives us a different avenue of attack as well, he scores with his head and his height means that he can do this and not CMS so he can capitalise on the crossing ability of our players.

There is no need to find a CMS problem but people want a new player to abuse every week, Buckley's form hasn't been good of late but i see it as a blip and not the need to offend one of the players most integral to our success but im sure some will.

Lawson

Feb 25, 2012
Exactly what part did he play in Ulloa's two goals that were scored when he was on the pitch? To say he played a part other than that he was on the same pitch is tenuous to say the least.

The presence of a play like CMS on the pitch means the defenders have to account for him and attempt to mark him as well, thereby leading defenders off Ulloa, prior to Ulloa's arrival teams used to stick two defenders on him.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Anybody notice how much time opposition defenders have on the ball when CMS is not playing?
It's similar to the Murray situation IMO. While all the 'experts' on here were telling us how shit and lazy he was, every commentator and fans of teams we played were constantly singing his praises.
CMS is not having a great time at the moment but I doubt there's a defender in the championship that isn't relieved when he is not in the starting line up or many fans of other championship clubs who wouldn't want him in their team.
Still, carry on giving him clever nicknames.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The presence of a play like CMS on the pitch means the defenders have to account for him and attempt to mark him as well, thereby leading defenders off Ulloa, prior to Ulloa's arrival teams used to stick two defenders on him.

Exactly the same as if any other forward is on the pitch. If Buckley or Barnes or even Barker were on the pitch the defence always need to be aware of where he is. What an irrelevent comment.

I'll say again, other than being on the pitch what contribution to the goals did CMS make. Even the penalty wasn't really down to his trickery, it was just a clumsy attempt to get the ball.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Just because Ulloa looks class doesn't mean CMS is shit. I feel sure he will continue to contribute this season because he's a decent player and a good pro. And he's still our top scorer.

Lawson

Feb 25, 2012
Exactly the same as if any other forward is on the pitch. If Buckley or Barnes or even Barker were on the pitch the defence always need to be aware of where he is. What an irrelevent comment.

I'll say again, other than being on the pitch what contribution to the goals did CMS make. Even the penalty wasn't really down to his trickery, it was just a clumsy attempt to get the ball.

'what an irrelevant comment'.... yes have you watched any matches with CMS on the pitch? Like Watford they literally planted two defenders at least on him at all times because we had no other threats in the match.

He wasn't on the pitch for that long to make a contribution so to win a penalty was a damn good contribution. He is also percieved as a much greater threat than other attackers because he chases down, applies constant pressure and can tackle. You get some right idiots on here and you are clearly one of them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here