We have a striker at last

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
keep the donkey that is McSmudger off of the pitch and we look like having a chance of promotion

D

Deleted member 22389

Imagine if we can CMS scoring as well. CMS got us a penalty, what he has not got us in goals he makes up in effort. Much as I would like to CMS on at the start, bringing him on 3/4 when the other team is knackered is probably a good idea.

Lawson

Feb 25, 2012
Its funny that if we take away Smith's goals then we are nowhere near the play-offs... If you notice general supply quality has also improved since Ulloa has come in and it also helps that we have plenty of options in the team now, quality options, that allow rotation in the squad without fear of losing points. I mean who would have predicted two wins without Bridcutt earlier in the season? We are a team that is constantly improving and CMS won the penalty today and gave the opposition another threat to handle so it is completely unnecessary and unwarranted this criticism.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Errrrr, CMS actually won us the penalty and we scored the 3 goals after he came on !!

Yes he didnt score them but he did play a part.

McSmudger falls over every time a player goes near him or when he has a chance of a goal, he is shit

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If you notice general supply quality has also improved since Ulloa has come in.

Wrong. Ulloa has done better with the service he is given. No way in a million years would Macca have scored either of those headers.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Wrong. Ulloa has done better with the service he is given. No way in a million years would Macca have scored either of those headers.

Slightly different players! Ulloa is 6 foot 1 in his stockined feet. McSmudger is 5 foot 4! lol

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Slightly different players! Ulloa is 6 foot 1 in his stockined feet. McSmudger is 5 foot 4! lol

Correct. Doesn't change what I said. I'm not anti-CMS, but Ulloa's touch is miles ahead, he makes service for himself, like all good strikers do.

Lawson

Feb 25, 2012

Yes because he is considerably shorter than Ulloa, but do remember Ulloa has also missed some screamers with his feet, not to take anything away from him because i think both are extremely talented players that are a credit to have coming up to the difficult end of the season.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yes because he is considerably shorter than Ulloa, but do remember Ulloa has also missed some screamers with his feet, not to take anything away from him because i think both are extremely talented players that are a credit to have coming up to the difficult end of the season.

I like Macca. Ulloa's a much, much, much better all round player.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
CMS is f***ing brilliant, not convinced he fits in to our style of play but that is not his fault. Really nice guy & we should always cheer him

Lawson

Feb 25, 2012
I like Macca. Ulloa's a much, much, much better all round player.

I think i might be inclined to agree with you, but aren't all the Spanish? i mean look at Dave i cannot believe that is the same player we saw at the beginning of the season. I just want a situation where CMS and Ulloa will compliment each other's game, and that does not seem impossible as they both have different styles of play and CMS has incredible energy that is an asset in any team. I am glad we have both, not to mention Barnes as well and all the wingers we are blessed with.

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
I wasn't even at the game and agree with some here, Cms would not have even been in the right position to give him a scoring chance. !!

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Cms wouldn't have scored the headers he might have scored the 3rd as he has pace in abundance but it was a calm finish by ulloa not sure Cms would have managed that

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports