We have a striker at last

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

HenryC

Mar 27, 2010
South West!
Just because Ulloa looks class doesn't mean CMS is shit. I feel sure he will continue to contribute this season because he's a decent player and a good pro. And he's still our top scorer.

If Hoskins had been given the same number of starts and game time as McSmudger then he would have had at least 11 goals to his name too. CMS is a good pro, a hard worker, a nice guy... But not good enough technically i'm afraid.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
If Hoskins had been given the same number of starts and game time as McSmudger then he would have had at least 11 goals to his name too. CMS is a good pro, a hard worker, a nice guy... But not good enough technically i'm afraid.

You know that about Hoskins for a fact?

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
I'm happy to have CMS as an impact sub. It seems this is the only way to get any value out of him. Although he is a little bit rubbish, he is still a pest and tired defenders don't like pests

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Those incredible goals against Burnley apart, CMS is a League One striker. He does things that work in League One a fair number of times (like letting a ball go over people's heads to run onto, or that turn against Leeds at the Amex last season) but which Championship defenders usually gobble up. The other aspect he brings is hassling defenders on the ball but that won't be enough for promotion. He wouldn't have scored any of those goals that Ulloa got yesterday.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Spanish Len still gets roughed up but has more physical presence whereas CMS is swatted away like a bluebottle.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
'what an irrelevant comment'.... yes have you watched any matches with CMS on the pitch? Like Watford they literally planted two defenders at least on him at all times because we had no other threats in the match.

He wasn't on the pitch for that long to make a contribution so to win a penalty was a damn good contribution. He is also percieved as a much greater threat than other attackers because he chases down, applies constant pressure and can tackle. You get some right idiots on here and you are clearly one of them.

When we have quite often played only one up front then of course there will be two pretty much in close quarters with that one striker. He chases everything and produces very little from it. Who tells you he is perceived a greater threat than other attackers? Are you talking about other strikers at the club or other strikers in the championship? As for the Watford game, I don't recall them man marking him with two defenders for the game!!!!

I think some of you CMS lovers watch a different game to the rest of us. Running around chasing every lost cause and and staying on the pitch after the final whistle to clap every fan doesn't make you a great player. His control is appalling and he hasn't scored anywhere near the number of goals he should have done. That is probably down to the fact that his style is not suited to Poyet's style of play. He'll probably move on and score a hatful elsewhere but there is no way we should change our style to suit him.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
When we have quite often played only one up front then of course there will be two pretty much in close quarters with that one striker. He chases everything and produces very little from it. Who tells you he is perceived a greater threat than other attackers? Are you talking about other strikers at the club or other strikers in the championship? As for the Watford game, I don't recall them man marking him with two defenders for the game!!!!

I think some of you CMS lovers watch a different game to the rest of us. Running around chasing every lost cause and and staying on the pitch after the final whistle to clap every fan doesn't make you a great player. His control is appalling and he hasn't scored anywhere near the number of goals he should have done. That is probably down to the fact that his style is not suited to Poyet's style of play. He'll probably move on and score a hatful elsewhere but there is no way we should change our style to suit him.

I don't think 'them' lot are saying he is a 'great' player ...just not as bad as 'you' lot are claiming

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Good enough for what - the Prem? Automatic promotion? A play-off contending side? The Championship generally?

Let's get some perspective here: CMS has 11 goals in the Championship. Cardiff are top of the division. Their top scorers are Helguson with 8, Gunnarsson and Whittingham with 7 each. Hull's top scorer has 8 goals and they're second in the table. I'm sure Steve Bruce and Malky Mackay would love to have the option of CMS in their squads, and they're both looking Prem-bound as things stand.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports