Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We close to one or maybe 2

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Isn't he the most experienced international from England to have EVER played for Brighton (if he signs), and you can't get excited.

Jesus christ.

You must have some serious PROBLEMS in the bedroom too. :thumbsup:

Bridge has more caps than Upson

EDIT: Originally sounded very pedantic and negative - I think he will do well here

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Jesus christ. Three years ago he was the best centre back for England.

He has never been Englands best centre-back. 3 years ago he was struggling to get into the first 11. Upson history shows his only period where he was really rated was at West Ham. Arsenal thought he was crap, Stoke think he is crap.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Two definite upgrades on our existing players and people moan . Feel sorry for Abd/Greer if we get both of them though.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Anyone who thinks these are poor signings due to age/injury, I would point you in the direction of two players...one from this season and probably the best defensive performance I've seen for ages- Jonathan Woodgate.

The other is a certain Mr Guy Butters who was awesome when he played for us.

I can think of another left back who people said they didn't want who has also ended up being one of our best players this season...

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Tacchinardi ‏@SwSpTacchinardi

Reporter in Stoke says Upson will sign for #bhafc Great news.

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
Everything is about players coming in... are we all certain there are none of our big names going out, albeit on loan?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
We're going Up son!

:jester:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Soccer Sauce ‏@soccer_sauce

Brighton looking to make late #DeadlineDay move for Norwich ST Simeon Jackson #BHAFC #NCFC

Jacksons departure would heighten possibility of Gary Hooper joining the Canaries late in the day #NCFC #Celticfc #BHAFC

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I know, unbelievable isn't it. Both better than what we have got and both got top flight experience, and both 33. Not exactly past it, by centre half standards. We certainly have come a long way baby.

Exactly. Really hope we get both.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Isn't he the most experienced international from England to have EVER played for Brighton (if he signs), and you can't get excited.

Jesus christ.

You must have some serious PROBLEMS in the bedroom too. :thumbsup:

If you are happy with a aging defense with no pace then fine. A defense that was ripped apart and exposed by both Watford and Palace. It was only the other day Oatway commented on how we needed some younger players at the back. Maybe you have serious PROBLEMS in the bedroom too :thumbsup:

D

Deleted member 2719

Hope it isn't Upson he is slow and makes too many mistakes IMO.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
If you are happy with a aging defense with no pace then fine. A defense that was ripped apart and exposed by by Watford and Palace. It was only the other day Oatway commented on how we needed some younger players at the back. Maybe you have serious PROBLEMS in the bedroom too :thumbsup:

Well you just admitted you have problems there.

:thumbsup:

We couldn't get by Woodgate. Experience, classy CB.

Upson = playoffs.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Everything is about players coming in... are we all certain there are none of our big names going out, albeit on loan?

Not heard anything about outgoings, but I can't believe we're not looking to shunt Dobbie out to free up some wages.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
[MENTION=14853]andy[/MENTION]NaylorArgus: Just had it confirmed from a "reliable source" at the Stoke end that Upson is going to sign for #bhafc.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Andy Naylor ‏@AndyNaylorArgus
Just had it confirmed from a "reliable source" at the Stoke end that Upson is going to sign for #bhafc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here