Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We can't afford to pay decent wages!!!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Break the bank, fail to get to the Premier League, get a fine for breaking FFP rules and end up next season being 30 million in debt. You just can't take these sorts of risks. You got a couple of hundred million lying around?

The club is being run sensibly. When the time finally comes when we are ready for the premiership, our debts will not only be easily covered but we will have a decent transfer kitty, one that will see us survive in the Premier League. Leicester and Burnley, one of those teams will be relegated next season.

We'll also be in League One.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
But the club can't continue to lose 8 mill a year, they have to get to the prem in the near future!! At some point we have to take a slight gamble .

Based on the accounts from the last 2 seasons, I would say that the club have already taken a "slight gamble". What it sounds like you want is a huge gamble. Like the one that happened around 1984. We all know where that ended up.

Since when is 6k a week not decent? Such is the nature of football these days that a huge wage is now seen as less than decent, rather than indecent.

Seagulls1984

Aug 8, 2011
Steyning
Think a lot of you think I'm saying we should go out and spend 30 million and pay 30k a week, I'm not . It's looking pretty obvious that Garcia and hyypia haven't managed to sign any1 off their so called lists. Think it was about 2 weeks ago hyypia was very confident of 2 new players being signed by the end of that week, that didnt happen.
It would be nice to see the board back the manager a bit more .
The club keep going on about being prem ready but that's irrelevant if you havent got a squad good enough to get there.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Think a lot of you think I'm saying we should go out and spend 30 million and pay 30k a week, I'm not . It's looking pretty obvious that Garcia and hyypia haven't managed to sign any1 off their so called lists. Think it was about 2 weeks ago hyypia was very confident of 2 new players being signed by the end of that week, that didnt happen.
It would be nice to see the board back the manager a bit more .
The club keep going on about being prem ready but that's irrelevant if you havent got a squad good enough to get there.

That has zero relevance to anything though.

There's so many different reasons for players not signing at a club.The vast majority of reasons are ones which are out of our clubs hands.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Because we our piss arseing around. Ward wants to come here and wolves want to sell. Just get it done .

How do you know we are piss arseing around?

The fact you'd just stump up any amount Wolves asked for shows your business acumen to be some what lacking.

Thankfully the club isn't run by people with your mentality.

Craig4004

Aug 30, 2011
Peacehaven
How do you know we are piss arseing around?

The fact you'd just stump up any amount Wolves asked for shows your business acumen to be some what lacking.

Thankfully the club isn't run by people with your mentality.

This with bells on.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Break the bank, fail to get to the Premier League, get a fine for breaking FFP rules and end up next season being 30 million in debt. You just can't take these sorts of risks. You got a couple of hundred million lying around?

The club is being run sensibly. When the time finally comes when we are ready for the premiership, our debts will not only be easily covered but we will have a decent transfer kitty, one that will see us survive in the Premier League. Leicester and Burnley, one of those teams will be relegated next season.

Whilst I agree with most of what you say, can you please read up and learn about FFP. We will not be fined if we don't go up. You get a transfer embargo. How many more times does this info have to be posted before people understand!!

Spadge

Sep 21, 2011
The most frustrating part is that it feels like forever for the club to get any new signings in and the names mentioned do not light up the world.

We are now linked with Becchio, I would be more impressed if the club bid for a 20 year old in the lower league that will benefit from the academy and provide a future sell on fee (All within budget and lower wages obviously) Not 30 year old players that are looking for a pay day.

Ulloa goes for £7 million and i quote "we don't need to sell him"

Lets sit back and see how much of the £7 million is reinvested into the squad. That will then enable me to make up my mind in what direction the club is moving in.

Different scenario i know but i bet Liverpool don't spend the £75 million they receive for Suarez on a player that is over 26. They will look for a long term investment and its exactly how our club should be building a team.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Look you ****ing mong, post some facts that back up we couldn't afford Grabben, and Wards deal is stalling over wages.

If not then stop SPAMING THE BOARD WITH BOLLOCKS!

Strong words - but I'm in total agreement. The BHA board is in a far better position to judge the credibility of a big-money signing like Grabban or Ward. Either would amount to a significant dent in our resources. But at least the bosses could make a call based on FACT and the REAL FIGURES. Statements like 'we couldn't afford Grabban' are fuelled by gossip and imply we are weak club with no ambition. I do appreciate this a fans' forum so conjecture and rumour mongering is the norm - wouldn't be any fun otherwise. But this relentless hammering of the club for its lack of direction or ambition based purely on 'a bloke with a beer/ipad/rumour in his head' is tiresome. YES we would love some real facts, go ahead and post them, but more recycled negative tittle-tattle? Think we've probably had enough for this summer...

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
We'll also be in League One.

Don't be ridiculous. Do you seriously believe that Tony Bloom will allow us to slip down to League 1? This is the man whose money kept us going while were at Withdean, the man who has poured about 150 Million into The Albion for a new stadium and training facility that is the future for the club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here