Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We can't afford to pay decent wages!!!

bha100

Aug 25, 2011
But if you don't strike the right balance and end up with a squad of below average players it is equally going to cost them big time with relegation to league 1

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Deary me.

D

Deleted member 18477

Because we're being run as a sensible business with a wage structure in place.

Money doesn't buy promotion in this league. Plenty of clubs have spent huge money and haven't done any better than us. More than 1 way to do it put it that way. Palace are a prime example of getting promoted without spending an utter fortune!

I'd rather have a sustainable club with no chance of going bust!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
But the club can't continue to lose 8 mill a year, they have to get to the prem in the near future!! At some point we have to take a slight gamble .

Given your username I guess you don't remember the slight gamble we took before that effectively bankrupted us and allowed Archer in. No thank you, no gambling required.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Well I do I was going to the goldstone in 1990, so I do remember. It's a completely different situation .

Then you don't actually remember the gamble we took in the late 70s / early 80s !

livewire11

Banned
Feb 10, 2011
Hahahaha! The club are mugging the fans off!! Some of you lot are f@@king idiots!!! You have been sucked into the stupid world of football and over paid players and fees!!! I would much rather my club be run the right way - say within out budget, produce great young talent and stay in business!!! No one wants to go back to the withdean days playing in lower leagues! If we are in the championship competing for the next 5 years - so be it! I have faith that tony will get us to the premiership!!

Seagulls1984

Aug 8, 2011
Steyning
Hahahaha! The club are mugging the fans off!! Some of you lot are f@@king idiots!!! You have been sucked into the stupid world of football and over paid players and fees!!! I would much rather my club be run the right way - say within out budget, produce great young talent and stay in business!!! No one wants to go back to the withdean days playing in lower leagues! If we are in the championship competing for the next 5 years - so be it! I have faith that tony will get us to the premiership!!
the club can't afford to keep losing money . Either we pay what needs to be paid and go up, or slash the wage be and sell the better players and just compete in the lower ends of the championship, that's the reality mate.

livewire11

Banned
Feb 10, 2011
What do you think the club are doing now?? Why don't you think we are splashing cash? Because we are bringing ourselves in line with FFP! The 8m loss wasn't just on wages!!!

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
We couldn't afford grabban, didn't offer pig a new deal can't get the ward deal done over wages. Until the club pays the wages we won't go up,got to be a time when we pay the going rate.

Look you ****ing mong, post some facts that back up we couldn't afford Grabben, and Wards deal is stalling over wages.

If not then stop SPAMING THE BOARD WITH BOLLOCKS!

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Just for now it is becoming about managing your disappointment, rather than your expectations.

We are going backwards in relative terms, and you'd have to be someone who thinks the Emperor has got a nice set of new clothes not to realise it.

You only have to look at who has gone in the past 18 months, and who has come in - and that's just so far. The replacements haven't been as good.

Two years ago we had a great team playing really good football, we deservedly got into the play-offs, were the form team going in, were still IMHO a better team than Palace at the time but chose the wrong night to have a total shocker. They got up, and have made a superb job of it since getting rid of Holloway.

Last season we had a team that wasn't as good, we scraped into the play-offs arguably undeservedly, and got as far as we could have hoped. Next season it is shaping up to be - relative to rivals - weaker again.

In the big picture this doesn't matter, we'd all rather the club didn't go bust, although I'd rather there was somewhere on the canvas between 'bust' and 'backwards'. There is still time for signings, and you'd expect our team to be better by the end of August.

There are good reasons for what is happening - but the club must be seriously worried about seeing the massive support haemorrhaging away in the next couple of years if this is how it is going under FFP. People can see what is going on, and it is a lot of money to be paying to watch relative regression.

I don't think we have a cat in hell's chance of promotion this season but obviously I would love to be proved wrong.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Not at all we need a left back , stop pissing around and get him. If the club doesn't want to get to the prem that's fair enough but don't mug the fans off.

How are they 'mugging the fans off?'

If you seriously think that TB doesn't want to get to the PL then you are even more deluded than your posts suggest.

Ignoring FFP, the losses at the club cannot be sustained at current levels-if you cannot understand that then perhaps you would be better off following somebody like Portsmouth who are in such great shape after spending money they didn't have? It was idiotic spending trying to appease equally idiotic 'supporters' that allowed Archer and Stanley to virtually destroy this football club-is that what you want to happen again?

This place is becoming more and more like the Argus comments section every day.

D

Deleted member 22389

We couldn't afford grabban, didn't offer pig a new deal can't get the ward deal done over wages. Until the club pays the wages we won't go up,got to be a time when we pay the going rate.

Break the bank, fail to get to the Premier League, get a fine for breaking FFP rules and end up next season being 30 million in debt. You just can't take these sorts of risks. You got a couple of hundred million lying around?

The club is being run sensibly. When the time finally comes when we are ready for the premiership, our debts will not only be easily covered but we will have a decent transfer kitty, one that will see us survive in the Premier League. Leicester and Burnley, one of those teams will be relegated next season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here