Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] We Buy Any Car

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Late father in law used them at Lancing. Took his old Honda Civic there after getting a quote. By the time they’d discounted this, that and the other we actually owed them money.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Don’t understand the issue with these companies. They will buy your car for about 10% less than it’s worth, with about 300% less hassle than selling it privately. Those are the terms, if you don’t agree with them then don’t use them. Nobody is forced to. Makes perfect sense to me, and they fill a gap in the market.

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
They are owned by BCA ( British Car Auctions ). From what I have been told they go into one their auctions, so to reduce the estimated value you are given by finding faults is in their interest. More mark up for them.
BCA used to be based in Blackbushe airport, near the outdoor karting circuit in the 80s, not sure if either are still based there now. Men with sheepskin coats would flock in numbers.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
BCA used to be based in Blackbushe airport, near the outdoor karting circuit in the 80s, not sure if either are still based there now. Men with sheepskin coats would flock in numbers.
Yep - on my ‘commute’ to the office and often see lorry’s with loads of cars queuing up to drop off at 8am

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
Yep - on my ‘commute’ to the office and often see lorry’s with loads of cars queuing up to drop off at 8am
The boss used to fly in in his chopper there even back then. He must be one wealthy chap now, he can probably can wear a new sheepskin every day of the week now.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
What car is it?

Me and a group of friends all drive terrible old cars, there is some enjoyment along the way. I'm not on FB but the marketplace seems to be the best place to buy and sell the old crap we tend to go for, ebay fees are too high and autotrader doesn't get the traffic anymore.

Anyone with something old (1980 and older) rubbish and Japanese they want to shift, send it my way :) ibuyanyjapcrapdotcom

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here