[Misc] We Buy Any Car

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Obviously don’t

Email back from them:

"
Thank you for requesting a valuation from us.

Unfortunately this vehicle falls outside of our criteria, and we are unable to offer you a valuation at this time.
However if you have another vehicle to sell in the future we hope that you will use our service.

Thank You

webuyurcar.co.uk Ltd"

Last edited:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
In the same way you not being able to redact ?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
They offered me about £1500 less than what I could have sold mine for. And it wasn't a high value car either. No surprise that they buy any car.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Just an automotive pawn shop shark outfit, cashing in on people who are desperate.
Oh agree completely. Just wanted a rough, obviously low, idea of value. Would never actually sell to them.

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
I was offered about £600 for my old car, which I accepted.
At the office they did a 'check' on it, and found so many little things to push the price down, I was offered £109, which I reluctantly accepted.

About a month later I got a parking ticket for £100 for dodgy parking outside the office. Filled in the 'contest this claim' form, but haven't heard back yet...

I may end up with just £9 for it, or less. :(

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Some people hate selling cars. The cost of advertising. The hassle of tyre kicker buyers/ dreamers & potential scammers, means it is a service some value. & if you get better then you would on trade in. Why not. Each to their own

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Obviously don’t

Email back from them:

"
Thank you for requesting a valuation from us.

Unfortunately this vehicle falls outside of our criteria, and we are unable to offer you a valuation at this time.
However if you have another vehicle to sell in the future we hope that you will use our service.

Thank You

webuyurcar.co.uk Ltd"
Have you given Simon Adingra a call?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As good a place as any - sorry for the side track.

It'll come as a surprise to many but I'm a big fan of Mat Armstrong's content on The Youtube.
Naturally I then get pushed into similar rabbitholes, most of which I ignore, but this fella does get the odd view.

Mainly because he seems to get stupidly cheap cars that are reported as faulty/written off/handed back/auctioned - only to have feck all wrong with them.
He had an early Audi SUV for a grand which needed it's suspension cleaned, actually physically cleaned with Fairy Liquid, and it was fine. Increasing it's value up to a still cheap 8k.

Anyhoo, this one has stuck with (really annoyed) me.

I guess it's an age thing, I should see it as a warning sign for impending red corduroy trousers and instantly run away.
But the only car that could tempt me away from bicycles, trains and Greta would be a 2 seater Merc, of age, as I'm not made of money.
Hence my grumbling at one being sold for £2,800 that appears to be in remarkably good condition.

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
I personally wouldn't use them.

Yes quick and easy if you're desperate but worth selling privately for more (my opinion as someone who has never sold a car before) but surely they are buying to resell, so you could just sell privately at higher rate but it may take some time?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
In my experience they always offer less than a trade in when I have been purchasing an upgrade. I imagine they are just exploiting people

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
They are owned by BCA ( British Car Auctions ). From what I have been told they go into one their auctions, so to reduce the estimated value you are given by finding faults is in their interest. More mark up for them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here