Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We are Number 10 in the midweek chart......!

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
Number 10 in the midweek chart.........

Sticky please mods, instead of the last one....

Been dashing around, just got in and had a call from Skint.
A midweek chart is released each week, combining presales and early sales in week of release.
We're Number 10.
How about that? Well done everyone!
Great news, but there's still a way to go. Obviously we have done more on presale than anyone else apart from Erasure (which is why we were at No 2 in futurechart.co.uk) but we're up against major national distribution and heavy promotion of everything else for the rest of this week......

If you have media contacts or think of a good place for the chart place story, cut & paste the press release below and send it to them!
For those with friends etc still to buy, please tell them there are plenty of copies in HMV and Virgin in Churchill Square, HMV in Western Road and Rounder in Brighton Square, and there are some at the Club Shop too
(they will count towards the chart) online of course.

Remember we're doing a busk of the single in HMV Churchill Square at 4.30 this Thursday and some of the players will be in attendance to sign copies.

And the Seagulls Ska gig at the Engine Room opposite the West Pier is Sunday 8pm not Saturday of course (the Argus got it wrong) Looks like we'll have something to celebrate!

Single of the Week at Splash FM
They're playing it at Juice
Good coverage on SCR, local TV and in the Argus
Hopefully this midweek chart placing will generate more national coverage
Going really well...
SEAGULLS!
Attila

(PRESS RELEASE, TUES JAN 4)

BRIGHTON FANS AT NUMBER 10 IN THE MIDWEEK CHART!

‘The whole thing’s daft
We don’t know why
We have to laugh
Or else we’ll cry
Our ground’s too small
The costs too high
Without Falmer
Our club will die’

‘Tom Hark (We Want Falmer)’ by Seagulls Ska, released yesterday,
is Number 10 in today’s midweek Top 40 chart, having been at number one in both the amazon.co.uk Hot Pre-Release Chart and the Best Selling Singles list at hmv.co.uk for most of the last three weeks, outselling Elvis among many others! On release day it was number 2 at futurechart.co uk, the website which predicts what’s going into the Top 40.

It’s a rewrite of the Piranhas’ classic football hit recorded by a bunch of ska-loving Brighton fans, reclaiming the song for the Piranhas’ home town with new lyrics supporting Brighton & Hove Albion’s five year campaign for our new stadium at Falmer. All profits from the single will go to our cash-strapped club’s Alive & Kicking Fund.

The single is released on the Falmer For All label, manufactured and distributed by our main sponsors Skint Records. Our aim all along has been to hit the Top 40 in the week following release and gain extra publicity for our stadium campaign, one month before the public enquiry restarts....it looks like we’ve done it, and then some!

The single is available from all branches of HMV and Virgin, from many independent stores in the Brighton area including Rounder Records in Brighton Square and globally online via hmv.co.uk and amazon.co.uk.

For more information please contact John Baine/Attila the Stockbroker attila@solutionsinc.co.uk
01273 870875

Seven years since the Goldstone Ground was sold behind our backs by uncaring moneymen, seven years of fans’ campaigns - and and still Brighton & Hove Albion don’t have a proper home. This is another chapter in the story of the Albion supporters’ battle to save our club.....

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Excellent news. I'll try to remember to get another couple of copies before the weekend to help things along. I've identified a couple of Spurs fans who need one each (aged 9 and 7!).

I'll also be hassling people I know not to have a copy yet.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
This is great news, well on target for a Top 20 place then. Will buy another copy or two as well.

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
Ordered mine on Amazon yesterday but looking at it today it says

Availability: usually dispatched within 1 to 2 weeks.

does that mean they have sold out or has that always been there like that?

Well done! lets hope we can keep this up and have one final push towards the end of the week by buying out all those that havent been sold (thats if there is any)!

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
More than 1300 now, that's for sure. Presales are staggered.
Outselling Kylie, Green Day and Lamarr.....
We have a total of between 4500 and 5000 out there now I think. In order to avoid massive costs/less money for the Albion, most of the in store copies have to go - so it'd be an idea if people who are going to buy and can manage it get one from HMV or Virgin/Churchill Square.

nomad

Jan 3, 2005
all over the place
hmmm just checked my pre order on hmv and got this response

Order Number

Order Date
30/12/2004

Total Price
£4.99

Order Status
Some / all items have been placed on special order with our suppliers

why is dis so? waaaaa...

would go and get a copy in store but i live in canterbury - so thats pretty impossible

Jul 12, 2003
Oxfordshire
Attila - any news on how the text/phone campaign for Radio 1 yesterday (Mon.) got on??

Did the song get played?

(Sorry if this is in another thread - time very tight today!!!)

nomad

Jan 3, 2005
all over the place
so if i buy a couple more today online it will still count to this weeks chart?

(i will buy more anyway, but pay cheque comes in next week and low on money - but will buy today if we need the boost and can keep us up there...)

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
The Large One said:
Can we beat the yardstick set by Brighton & Hove Albion FC's awful 'The Boys in the Old Brighton Blue'? It got to, um, about No.33.

SURELY we can do this? And if not, WHY NOT?

It didn't get above 40 in an actual end-of-week chart. In fact, no song containing the term Brighton, and no artist containing Brighton in their name has ever entered the top 40.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here