Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] We are no better than last season at this point FACT

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yesterday was a big result - showed that the team can bounce back from a couple of poor performances - and other results helped as well.

This side looks good enough to avoid a mad scramble for points at the end of the season but there are still likely to be a few twists and turns along the way. Things are a lot tighter than last season and a couple of bad results can land a team in trouble (like Aston Villa who now seem to be heading the wrong direction- and Bournemouth who have lost 7 of the last 9 - if they don't pick up a lot of points from WHU, Watford and Norwich over the next 3 games then they are in big trouble).

Yep, I think 40 points may not be enough this season. Only Norwich look nailed on to go down...as things stand, but a couple of wins could even change that. I think we’ll be staying in the mix

If the cap fits fella, feel free to wear it

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Yep, I think 40 points may not be enough this season. Only Norwich look nailed on to go down...as things stand, but a couple of wins could even change that. I think we’ll be staying in the mix

I think 40 points will be enough for survival this season. Would you like a bet on it?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
There is some really awful revisionist stuff about Hughton on this thread. Wish people would just credit him for the great job he did. He was hamstrung last season because big money went on duff signings. I didn't think we were that boring either, paricularly at home. The second half of the season was cause for concern, and the time was right for him to go (although he did keep us up of course). That shouldn't completely destroy his legacy. For the idiot who said "most clubs would have sacked him after the 5-0 Bournemouth defeat" - no, they really wouldn't. Only a moron would sack a manager on the basis of one result. Southampton even stuck with their manager after the 9-0 v Leicester.

Last edited:

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
There is some really awful revisionist stuff about Hughton on this thread. Wish people would just credit him for the great job he did. He was hamstrung last season because big money went on duff signings. I didn't think we were that boring either, paricularly at home. The second half of the season was cause for concern, and the time was right for him to go (although he did keep us up of course, and we put in a decent performance in the FA Cup semi-final). That shouldn't completely destroy his legacy. For the idiot who said "most clubs would have sacked him after the 5-0 Bournemouth defeat" - no, they really wouldn't. Only a moron would sack a manager on the basis of one result. Southampton even stuck with their manager after the 9-0 v Leicester.

i don't think anyone is trying to denigrate hughts, just getting sick off the revisionist monkeys trying to bullshit that hughts was perfect

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
There is some really awful revisionist stuff about Hughton on this thread. Wish people would just credit him for the great job he did. He was hamstrung last season because big money went on duff signings. I didn't think we were that boring either, paricularly at home. The second half of the season was cause for concern, and the time was right for him to go (although he did keep us up of course). That shouldn't completely destroy his legacy. For the idiot who said "most clubs would have sacked him after the 5-0 Bournemouth defeat" - no, they really wouldn't. Only a moron would sack a manager on the basis of one result. Southampton even stuck with their manager after the 9-0 v Leicester.
Agree with nearly all of that. The 5-0 was part of a dreadful run that did for him. You get the revisionist stuff - I'm afraid many people are like that. 90% of the time under Gus was the best that we had witnessed for a very long time - but you would not have thought that on here after it all went wrong. I agree it was correct time for CH to leave but I'll always be grateful for what he did. I suspect he'll be remembered as one of our most successful managers ever- a very honest man. After the madness that was Hyppia I was so grateful for someone I could trust who seemed to be watching the same game as me. I'm team Potter now - but at some point it will inevitably finish (hopefully not for some time) and my best guess is that many people will be slagging him off as well. As far as the comparative positions go, I feel we will get over the line this year (rather confident not certain) and then will improve next year - I feel that GP has not had the ideal personnel to play the game he wants yet although it feels like it's getting closer over time

you've lost the plot,

naughty step for you 'til you've calmed down

Could you please stop drowning in your pyschological projection?

If you don't like the stats being referenced, select better ones and aim to convince that way rather than the usual keyboard warrior shtick

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

If you don't like the stats being referenced, select better ones and aim to convince that way rather than the usual keyboard warrior shtick

On another point, and putting your chagrin about CH’s dismissal aside for a moment, are you actually enjoying what you are watching this season?

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

you're very divisive, aren't you

you're very divisive, aren't you

That's not a stat, try saying something that aims to convince me rather than just a random insult, you can do it

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Wow some of these Hughton boys are scary.

Can’t you guys go off and start a Chris Hughton fans message board or something? You’re clearly not here to support the Albion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here