Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] We all nearly died last Thursday

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Just back from my space club, where it was mentioned only as an afterthought, seeing as asteroids are flying past planet Earth at great regulatory, but never mentioned, because they are just relatively small lumps of rock or metal that have been tracked and we know will go past.

However, over beers in the pub, we discussed this particular one, regarding size, mass, speed, kinetic energy etc.

We reckon if it hit the clock tower ( as a focal point ), it would have killed every living thing within a 60 mile radius on land,instantly, and then because of the sea, effected Europe with a Tsunami.

Last edited:

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Just back from my space club, where it was mentioned only as an afterthought, seeing as asteroids are flying past planet Earth at great regulatory, but never mentioned, because they are just relatively small lumps of rock or metal that have been tracked and we know will go past.

However, over beers in the pub, we discussed this particular one, regarding size, mass, speed, kinetic energy etc.

We reckon if it hit the clock tower ( as a focal point ), it would have killed every living thing within a 60 mile radius on land,instantly, and then because of the sea, effected Europe with a small Tsunami.

I suppose the only survivors within that area at the point of impact would've been the ones using the Itower 360?

Pickles

May 5, 2014
I suppose the only survivors within that area at the point of impact would've been the ones using the Itower 360?

Only if they were at the top :wink:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It would just be Ali J’a luck that when he showed vague glimpses of being a footballer he got wiped out by an asteroid.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

We reckon if it hit the clock tower ( as a focal point ), it would have killed every living thing within a 60 mile radius on land,instantly, and then because of the sea, effected Europe with a Tsunami.

On the positive side, it would have given the French a good wash.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
What was the name of the old film that had Earth spinning towards the sun after Russia & the USA simultaneously had nuclear tests knocking the planet off it's axis?

Everyone went cray-cray in that, which was nice.

Fully aware you have your answer already, its a great film
Keep an eye out for a very young Michael Caine with a couple of lines as a cockney copper that were delivered even then in the same style that made him a household legend years later. Dont blink or you will miss it 1 hr 30 mins in

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here