Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We absolutely should not sell Steve Cook (merged: Cook gone to Bournemouth)

stevejoneslegend

Jan 20, 2011
You should read the Bournemouth posts...you would've thought they've pinched Messi for £1.50

We just appreciate we have signed a quality defender... Our team has lacked a decent central pairing for a couple of years... Now we have 4 that can all do a good job... Cook will be a starter for sure at AFCB... it's now just sorting who his best partner will be...

Sorry for your loss but it's definitely to our gain...

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Grant Hall is an excellent young player. We have done well with Cook's price tag when you consider how much we paid for Greer.

But you have to take into account their ages. Greer was undoubtedly a bargain though, but Cook could be even better and has time on his side.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I am glad that we honoured our agreement and we are allowing him to find first team football elsewhere. The chap deserves a chance to further his career and won't want to be playing a few games here and there and most in the development squad.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
We just appreciate we have signed a quality defender... Our team has lacked a decent central pairing for a couple of years... Now we have 4 that can all do a good job... Cook will be a starter for sure at AFCB... it's now just sorting who his best partner will be...

Sorry for your loss but it's definitely to our gain...

Good luck to Cook and yourselves for the rest of the season :moo:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He's a centre back. From the (very) little I've seen, his distribution might not be quite good enough to be a regular full back at our level.

Hope he does brilliantly well at Bournemouth, with a regular game in his proper position.

Actually can play CB or RB as was proven yesterday. His distribution is no worse than Calderon and he is much better defensively. Anyway all irrelevant now.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Its not a mistake to sell him as we have plenty of quality cb's and cook really wants to be playing everyweek,im sure the sell on clause is very good aswell.

Good luck cooky and a great move:)

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
I am a little confused about how we will line up at the back on Saturday - am I right in thinking we only have 2 fit defenders available - El Abd and Hall ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sorry - Us signing players for money is still a bit of a novelty!!
Ahhh those were the days.

Shall we throw in a training kit, for old time sake.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Sorry - Us signing players for money is still a bit of a novelty!!

Some of us haven't forgotten what that's like, it wasn't that long ago that we would have been very excited about getting a player of that quality as we too went years making do without spending more than about 30k on a player.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
The club gave me a call earlier, i will be in for Wrexham and can play across the backline. My best position is as sweeper

sweeper_415x569.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here