Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We absolutely should not sell Steve Cook (merged: Cook gone to Bournemouth)

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Crazy decision.

Talent young youth product, we should have kept him. If it's games he was after we should have extended his loan, not keeping him on our books is a mistake, and that fee is far too small. Palace would have talked any player from their academy up to four times that figure. Borderline INSANE decision. Bournemouth have got an absolute bargain.

I guess we're still a small selling club that'll let our players go on the cheap... because that's the message this sends out.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Crazy decision.

Talent young youth product, we should have kept him. If it's games he was after we should have extended his loan, not keeping him on our books is a mistake, and that fee is far too small. Palace would have talked any player from their academy up to four times that figure. Borderline INSANE decision. Bournemouth have got an absolute bargain.

I guess we're still a small selling club that'll let our players go on the cheap... because that's the message this sends out.

Who have Palace sold from their reserves for £700k ?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Greer, an established and cultured League One defender with some (limited) Championship experience that captained a team to the League One Play Off final: 250K

Cook, a promising 20 year old with a handful of first team games to his name (albeit he played very well in each): 170 - 300k.

Okay, not exactly comparable but its not a bad deal for us when we think of the other central defenders we have available.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Cooks not a reserve. He's played ONE first team league game...

My bad :lol:

Cook has tweeted saying it was a tough decision but he wanted to play first team football. So right decision, why should the club stop a player from doing this?

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
I'd like to see them doing well, as they were before Howe left them. There's another ex Seagull there now, Wes Fogden.

Only my third visit here, Like to post here and the Hudd board now and again - even venture onto Saintsweb now and again (they are hard work agreed!)

We'll have to see how this pans out - I'm sure Cook will do really well with us and as you say 'Little Wes' Fogden (as composed to 'Big' Wes Thomas) has made a very good impression stepping up three divisions.

Championship looking interesting this year, you might have a chance to get in the play offs this year - beating Saints in the final would be nice :wink:

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Bournemouth have got themselves a great deal there, good luck to Cook. I'm disappointed to see him go though, a few more first team games for us and his value could have risen a lot higher (providing he signed a new deal of course). Maybe Gus rates Hall as a similar quality to Cook?

Feb 21, 2009
Gus's second mistake, first Murray and now Cookie, Cook looked superb against Liverpool and yesterday in my mind did more than enough to keep either fullback out of the side and add real competition!

Gutted!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Gus's second mistake, first Murray and now Cookie, Cook looked superb against Liverpool and yesterday in my mind did more than enough to keep either fullback out of the side and add real competition!

Gutted!

HE IS NOT A FULL-BACK! Are you Mark McGhee ?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
As soon as I saw him take his shirt off and chuck it into the crowd I thought there was no way we'd see him in a Brighton shirt again. Shame

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Potentially earning 300k (plus maybe a sell on clause) for a back up/reserve defender isn't a bad deal. I think the talk of selling Dunk for a few million has skewed some people's perception.

As others have mentioned we've also got Hall and Vickers coming through.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here