Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We absolutely should not sell Steve Cook (merged: Cook gone to Bournemouth)

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Well, I'm trying to see the sense in that and I'm failing to. Even if they do buy someone else, what's to say they'll fit in as easily? Bad, bad move.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Shame as he has a lot of potential but understandable that he'd want regular first team football. I'm sure he'll be an excellent player for them over the coming years

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Bollocks! Good luck to him though. Who are we going to play in defence against Wrexham? More development squad players stepping up?

According to Naylor it's £170,000 rising to a possible £300,000.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Good business, Naylor reckons fee could rise to £300k, and for a player with less than 10 appearances for us, thats good business!

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Oh well. Fair play to the club for honouring the agreement, letting Cook go to where he'll get football, and getting a few quid hopefully for another of our own. Good luck to the lad as well - he's been extremely patient, performed excellently when he's been called on, and gone to a club where he's already making a name for himself.

Let's be honest - if he'd gone to Bournemouth with our squad a full strength, having not been needed again recently, most people would barely have batted an eyelid.

Edit having read the Bournemouth entry. '...moving to the south coast...'?! Eh? They do know where he's moved from, right? Anyway - I hope we've built in a sell-on clause as well, thinking about it...

Last edited:

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I am gutted, but well done the club for honouring their 'gentleman's agreement' with Bournemouth. I seem to recall that a similar agreement was the reason we ended up signing Forster.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here