Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] WBA and Belgium International Sebastien Pocognoci linked with Albion

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
There is a youtube clip of me smashing 3 concecutive fours a six and then another four off one over , for some odd reason the 6th ball that skittled my stumps is missing and the caption that my seasons batting avereage was 13 did not show up during the clip , saying that the clip is triffic , sign him up .

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Lets just hope Derby Forest or Middlesbro dont decide they need a left back.
I don't think that is relevant anymore.

- We are a contender for promotion now, just like them ( perhaps Forest isn't ).

- We can spend at least as much as any of those clubs to bring in a player we need

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I dont think that in CH eyes he is other than desperate short term. If this one falls through he will chase others I am sure.
Short term, maybe - but desperate? Ffs - Rosenior is a quality LB. I know you're obsessed with not having any cover for right midfield if Rosenior moves to LB (March, Murphy, KLL, Manu and Calde are all incapable of covering that position, of course!), but come on!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I dont think that in CH eyes he is other than desperate short term. If this one falls through he will chase others I am sure.

Not sure about 'desperate' but short term yes. Which is why it looks like Bong's injury could be season ending.
With the modern trend of wingers playing on their 'wrong' side I quite fancy a right footed left back defensively. Against a right footed winger who actually plays wide or an overlapping fullback they are going to struggle.
Rosenior, as may have been mentioned once or twice, has experience to slot in as a stopgap but it will restrict our freedom to attack two-handed down that side.
If not Pocognoli we will need someone longer term.
Tough fixture list coming up.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
By desperate I meant as in the last game had he still been on the pitch when the injury happened he would have slotted in and if Bong was out for 1 or 2 games even play those but not if 3 or 4 months, or obviously if no better were available to sign.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
...indicates a poor prognosis for Bong.

Wish I could find the link I read this morning, literally unlinked too, it said something like very unlikely he will do it.

Last edited:

I've been looking out for info on Bong. The way he went down on Saturday, and the amount of time it took to access him and then stretcher him off, you just knew it wasn't a short term injury. But the club haven't released anything that I have found so far to confirm either way.
It's a shame, because I think he has started to really shine since Kaz got his injury. Don't get me wrong, I want Kaz back and playing, but there were times I feel he stopped Bong doing his thing. And Murphy is just too negative for me. Every time he picked the ball up, it was a sideways or backward pass, and he wasn't running into the space behind the defenders for the through ball. He just seemed to stop and wait. At least March gets at them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here