Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wayne Henderson hands in Transfer Request

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
All this international keeper stuff, I'm not sure it means that much. Lets be honest Irelands only Prem quality keeper is Given. Hendo has done really well and I can see why he wants first team football to stay in the squad but lets not confuse being Irelands No.2 as a reason to merit a place in the team.

Uncle Buck said:
So you do not like Kuipers, your choice. However he was the better keeper in pre-season and it was a tad harsh that he was overlooked. Henderson started the season well enough, was shakey against Crewe, went on international duty, Kuipers did well at Bristol, change of manager, who decided that Kuipers had the shirt and should keep it for the moment. Rather than fighting for the shirt Henderson has decided to throw his toys out of the pram and that is not a professional thing to do.

So nothing to do with the fans, as far as I can see.

Similar to my train of thought at the moment. I think Wilkins may have dropped Henderson if he wasn't on international duty and had been manager when we played Bristol City.
People have been unfair on Henderson with the FDM chnats though. But he needs to realise that this happens in football.
I remember a certain Mr Butters being put up for auction on e-bay.
He didn't hand a transfer request in.
I smell and agent in all of this too.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
chez said:
It would only be funny if because of this Kuipers was shipped out permanently. Unfortunately he is still here and f***ing things up AGAIN!!

Now now Chez, just because The No.1 is No.1 again. Kuipers is King.:clap2: :clap2:

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
chez said:
In reply to the questions.

But you are always going to get that at a football club. Someone like Henderson ( an International keeper) should rise above such things and get on with winning his place back. You would, I would...why not him

Personally no I would f*** off if I got the abuse he gets (justified or not)

. Maybe not him f***ing things up this time but his hoodwinked fans.

Hoodwinked is probably not the right word but Kuipers has these fans that only remember the MA era when he was part of a very succesful team. They seem to want him to continue in goal no matter how much better the keeper in competition with him is.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Have to say I was well impressed when our fan power got shot of McGhee but all the Kuipers singing to Henderson was out of order so I don't blame him for slapping in the TR, even if he is suffering from Billy big-balls syndrome now he's a er, third choice international keeper.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
chez said:
Someone like Henderson ( an International keeper) should rise above such things and get on with winning his place back. You would, I would...why not him

Personally no I would f*** off if I got the abuse he gets (justified or not)
Absolute GENIUS contradiction there Chez. I've seen people contradict themselves on here many times (and probably been guilty of it meself), but not in the SAME POST.
:lolol:

You've gotta love schizophrenia sometimes.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
We all know that his agent is an agitating twat. Remember the drama we had getting him to come here, where the agent was holding out for his signing on fee (and a bigger percentage). The reports were all about how Hendo had agreed details, it was just the agent messing about. Now the agent needs a new conservatory, and Hendo gets touted around some bigger clubs under the premise of "international career, League 1 club, blah, blah". Good luck to him, but he needs to look around at the players who have agents who cause trouble - they get a name as a player to avoid.

Seagullible

Super Keeper
Jul 7, 2003
Tea room, The Office, Slough
Southover Street Seagull said:
Similar to my train of thought at the moment. I think Wilkins may have dropped Henderson if he wasn't on international duty and had been manager when we played Bristol City.
People have been unfair on Henderson with the FDM chnats though. But he needs to realise that this happens in football.
I remember a certain Mr Butters being put up for auction on e-bay.
He didn't hand a transfer request in.
I smell and agent in all of this too.

hmmm, would that agent be the same one as CKR or was that bullshit I read somewhere.
If it is down to agents then I really think the PFA has got to start looking into what they are actually doing because I don't think the advice of 'go to another club' is just to do with the players first team opportunities but more to do with a nice pay checque for the agent.

Believe it or not, one agent got £100k out of a deal involving one of our former youth players leaving the club :ohmy:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Easy 10 said:
Absolute GENIUS contradiction there Chez. I've seen people contradict themselves on here many times (and probably been guilty of it meself), but not in the SAME POST.
:lolol:

You've gotta love schizophrenia sometimes.

Easy, I...er...think that the post of Chez's that you've quoted is actually a post where he quoted dave the gaffer and replied to it. I could be wrong but I think the first sentence is dave the gaffer's and the second is Chez's reply to it...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
HampshireSeagulls said:
We all know that his agent is an agitating twat. Remember the drama we had getting him to come here, where the agent was holding out for his signing on fee (and a bigger percentage). The reports were all about how Hendo had agreed details, it was just the agent messing about. Now the agent needs a new conservatory, and Hendo gets touted around some bigger clubs under the premise of "international career, League 1 club, blah, blah". Good luck to him, but he needs to look around at the players who have agents who cause trouble - they get a name as a player to avoid.
I HAD forgotten about all that palava last year, as it happens. That is a very good shout. Not that Hendo isn't capable of making his own decisions, but it would appear that he IS being guided by someone who could very accurately be described as an utter ****.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Ernest said:
Fan power strikes again...

Magoo out chants = manager sacked

Kuipers No. 1 = Massive Hendo flounce out of the club

Please, please, please on Saturday start chanting

'Sack the board' 'Dick Tight - dick head' etc and it will be 3 from 3 :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

:lolol: Some how Ernest has come full circle and is making me laugh again.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
garry nelsons left foot said:
Easy, I...er...think that the post of Chez's that you've quoted is actually a post where he quoted dave the gaffer and replied to it. I could be wrong but I think the first sentence is dave the gaffer's and the second is Chez's reply to it...
Well if he learned how to use the QUOTE facility properly, then maybe we wouldn't have all this confusion. In the hurly-burly of such a MONSTER thread, accidents will happen and people will get hurt.

Apologies if I've misinterpreted you there then Chez - but you need to do some HOUSEKEEPING on your quoted replies

:jester:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Easy 10 said:
Well if he learned how to use the QUOTE facility properly, then maybe we wouldn't have all this confusion. In the hurly-burly of such a MONSTER thread, accidents will happen and people will get hurt.

Apologies if I've misinterpreted you there then Chez - but you need to do some HOUSEKEEPING on your quoted replies

True but the quote facility can be CONFUSING. I still haven't worked out how people can quote several different people in the same post.:dunce:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Hmmm...I'm not sure about that meself to be fair GNLF.
I'm really just flying by the seat of my PANTS on here most of the time.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Easy 10 said:

Sorry, but the questions were edited into my original post so couldnt really use the quote option. Have a look back it will all make sense.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
garry nelsons left foot said:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

easy's brain is addled

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
London Irish said:
The saddest thing for me about the Argus story tomorrow is the confirmation that Hendo was unhappy EVEN when McGhee was picking him as No1. It shows how much he must have heard the comments in the crowd. Who says fans have no power, eh?

Something I noted at Rotherham this season was Hendo's reaction when we were singing "We've got an Irish International / Irelands No 1".

He was just about to take a goal kick as we were singing it and he looked up, very briefly, at the crowd, and had a massive smile on his face. One of those shy, really happy smiles (for those smile experts out there :jester:). The last time I recall seeing that was when McPhee scored his overhead kick at Bristol Rovers. When he was warming down, having been subbed, everyone started clapping him as he came across and individuals shouted 'well done chris' etc and he looked so happy.

Maybe that was a moment when he felt he was winning the fans around, indeed I think fans were warming to him up until the Crewe game. I thought the slating of him after that game was a joke. I was in the East stand so got a great view of his saves down that end. One of them I recall was f***ing amazing. Point blank shot and his reactions were brilliant.

I love Kuipers, I love what he's done for the club and I love the passion he has for the club. Hendo though, is in my opinion, a fantastic young goalkeeper and I'll be gutted if he wants to go because of the fans. We have to build for the future. We all know that. To lose a quality young goalkeeper because we all love Kuipers so much would be, for me, gutting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here