Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Wayne Bridge

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Franki was lovely, no airs or graces, and quite happy to sit with us away fans instead of the WAGS section.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Fond memories of him bombing down the wing

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
At tbe time Bridge and Upton were tbe best defenders we had had at Brighton for DECADES.

They were way better than everyone else in that team.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I spoke to him on a train once, was actually really engaged in conversation with me and a mate, which I was impressed by considering how drunk we were, nice chap. Told me he regretted going to Reading and should have stayed.
Is there any Albion player, current or former, who you haven't met on a train whilst pissed? :shrug:

:lol:

juliant

Apr 4, 2011
Northamptonshire
One of the best LB I have seen playing in the Championship at the time. Obviously his class was there to see as a loan City player. I seem to recall one game in particular him bombing down that left wing at the Amex to cross in a ball that I thought was going out and assisting a goal in the south stand end? If anyone can find a clip I would be thankful as I don't trust my memory !

borat

Jul 16, 2003
He is an unbelievable athlete. Was amazing on SAS - Who Dares Wins (won it)

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Unbelievable left back for us, he completely re-defined what was possible to expect from a left back. Arguably, he wasn't replaced properly until Cucurella came in and only really Pervis is a better all round player than Bridge was in his pomp. What a player in that season and a real shame what happened afterwards.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here