Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Wayne Bridge

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Talks very positively about his time with us, the changing room being great, his love of Gus and getting ripped with Saturdays songs in the dressing room…

Starts about halfway through I think.

Top fella who was awesome for us.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
He spoke about us briefly in part one, saying he had a broken toe and needed injections the whole season he was with us!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He spoke about us briefly in part one, saying he had a broken toe and needed injections the whole season he was with us!
Yep and he really wanted to come for a second year. Not sure if it was knowledge re the injections at the time. I’m pretty sure Dunk and a few others were doing this in our European push at the end of last season. Commitment.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Yep and he really wanted to come for a second year. Not sure if it was knowledge re the injections at the time. I’m pretty sure Dunk and a few others were doing this in our European push at the end of last season. Commitment.
Dodged a bullet there, signed for Reading, soon after got a career ending injury

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Colwill ?
Bridge was miles better for me in terms of impact on the team - started most games and was head and shoulders above anyone. Colwill was decent but not amazing as there were very good players then.

Sidwell’s first loan is up there for me, but Bridge takes it.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

robinsonsgrin

Mar 16, 2009
LA...wishing it was devon..
I listened to both of these last night. Not the brightest tool in the box, but one of the best to play for us. Think I recall him commenting it was easy to play in the Championship... he certainly shone. Def recommend the lsiten. Shame Sidders was on hols as would have loved to hear more between them.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
He joined Reading for more dosh. He had been on 80k a week at City of which we were paying 10k…So when his contract ran out he was looking for more.

Great player though.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
He joined Reading for more dosh. He had been on 80k a week at City of which we were paying 10k…So when his contract ran out he was looking for more.

Great player though.
On the podcast he said that he didn't stay because Gus was leaving.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I spoke to him on a train once, was actually really engaged in conversation with me and a mate, which I was impressed by considering how drunk we were, nice chap. Told me he regretted going to Reading and should have stayed.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
One of those rare loans that did make a difference for us
Interesting observation.

I can’t disagree however, Colwill was good last year. I suppose if we’re not getting a future star of England/Spain/EPL Big Six/Barca, it’s really not worth dabbling in the loan market.

This season, I’m hopeful that RDZ will fire Fati up and we’ll see the sort of outcomes West Ham did with their Lingard loan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here