Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wayne Bridge

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yes it is 'only' because we paid like 12% of his wage!

And players make revenue. What those two players make for Madrid is significantly more than their weekly wage.

Yes I appreciate that. I was just amused at the term only, hence the lol. Never mind.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
image.jpg

D

Deleted member 18477

Bridge is quality. Ward is good too though.. cant complain.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
A Premier League player two seasons ago was on £13k eh? Not sure about that, 'The Argus'.

Erm yeh? He's a left back for Wolves not a striker for Man City. They arnt all on 200k a week. 13k a week is still a lot of money

Jimmy Grimble

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Afraid not.

Ward is on a minimum of £25k per week. Guess we are paying £10k of it like we did with bridge.

Signed new contract when was playing best football of his career in prem.

That's balls. A mate of mine had some financial dealings with him a couple of years back when he was hot property in the prem, apparently he was priced out of a move to both Newcastle and Everton by his agent who demanded £20k a week for him. Probably on between £10-15k per week.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Like the fact Bridge has his own corporate box down there... must have been a sweetner for the pay cut.

He paid for a box at the Amex last season when playing for us. Something like 18k for a seasons rental is going to be nothing to a player that has earned as much as Bridge has over his career, I doubt Reading are letting him have it for free.

Yeah but how much are we paying?

The wage gap is going to be pretty substantial or else we would have kept Bridge.
The class gap isn't a large.

It's been reported (elsewhere on here) that Bridge is earning 24k a week at Reading, he was prepared to stay with us for less. The whole Poyet situation meant he couldn't wait it out and find out if our new management team wanted him as that offer might not have been on the table by then (although I firmly believe Oscar would have wanted him, Bridge wouldn't have been without other offers as he showed last season he is more than capable of playing at this level).

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
And players make revenue. What those two players make for Madrid is significantly more than their weekly wage.

Really? So Madrid would be 2.5M+ a month worse off if Bale and Ronaldo weren't there?

Why is the club in so much debt then?

Lurker

56 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
Afraid not.

Ward is on a minimum of £25k per week. Guess we are paying £10k of it like we did with bridge.

Signed new contract when was playing best football of his career in prem.

My stepson used to work for a building society (I'm not going to name them) dealing with mortgage applications.

A well known Premiership footballer (not an international, but everyone on this board will have heard of him) applied for a mortgage and my stepson was very surprised my how low his wages were.
Not low by yours or my standards of course, but much lower than 'reported' wages of premiership footballers.

Never quote a press report as an impeccable source, anyone who doesn't believe the press make up stories is deluded.

Lurker

56 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
Bridge was class.

Totally agree.
He was the reason Reading came back into the game second half.

I'm quite impressed with Ward, something I didn't expect to say when I heard he had signed, so he's won me over ....... but he's no Wayne Bridge.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Bridge was class.

He might have been but our classy defensive work (and a few poor touches from him) nullified any threat on our goal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here