Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wayne Bridge rumours [Merged]

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Also, why aren't the worriers using joined up thinking? The more solid the back 5 is, the more likely Gus is to start 2 wingers, or 2/3 strikers.

Think back to when we brought in Painter and Calde at League 1 level. It's exactly what happened.

We would play VERY attacking football and had a run towards the end that read - 4-2, 4-1, 4-0 and 4-3.

Gus is NOT a negative manager overall - he just wanted to make us HARD TO BEAT in the Champ first, that's all. Some people have incredibly short memories.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Also, why aren't the worriers using joined up thinking? The more solid the back 5 is, the more likely Gus is to start 2 wingers, or 2/3 strikers.

Think back to when we brought in Painter and Calde at League 1 level. It's exactly what happened.

We would play VERY attacking football and had a run towards the end that read - 4-2, 4-1, 4-0 and 4-3.

Gus is NOT a negative manager overall - he just wanted to make us HARD TO BEAT in the Champ first, that's all. Some people have incredibly short memories.

Your banging your head against a brick wall. The whingers will never understand so it's pointless.

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick

Totally agree, but without the moaners & whingers NSC would not be as much fun.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
i thought with loans if they picked up injuries They were sent back ??

A medical still needs to be done to ascertain whether the player meets the clubs physical standards.

Especially off the back of the summer, it is vital to run full body scans to pick up on any potentially unnoticed muscle tears of strains. It's 5 weeks until he kicks a competetive ball for us. We don't want to spend £50k in that time and then find out he breaks down leaving us with no left back.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Didn't realise Bridge turned down a move to Pompey because his dad was a southampton supporter. The argus article suggests only that they've been given permission to ask him if he wants to come on loan. They seem to be suggesting it's going to be difficult to persuade him.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
With regards motivation all Gus has to do is show Wayne a picture of Marcos "you will be fighting him for the place, look like anyone you know?" job done.

5402332_170_160_0_0_fit_0_aefb98b48bda753ade8f5a3e7f9857ee.jpg

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I am sure Bridge will do good job. He is a footballing left back who likes to get forward - so if Gus can get his head right which he did with Vicente - I look forward to seeing him marauding down the left for us.

It just leaves me a bit cold that we are taking a player that (a) we can't afford - to me the rules on this are plain wrong and (b) a bloke who clearly doesn't like the actual game - he is just good at it.

I assume there are no young left-backs available to us that could do the job - because I would feel far happier with one of those.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Didn't realise Bridge turned down a move to Pompey because his dad was a southampton supporter. The argus article suggests only that they've been given permission to ask him if he wants to come on loan. They seem to be suggesting it's going to be difficult to persuade him.

Bridge is seen often in the wine bars of Alderley Edge and Wilmslow, surrounded by wannabe WAGS who want a portion and a slice of his £90k a week.

Whether he can be arsed to give up his mansion for another year and live in a hotel in Hove is questionable.

No fire in his belly, that's the problem.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
(b) a bloke who clearly doesn't like the actual game - he is just good at it.

I assume there are no young left-backs available to us that could do the job - because I would feel far happier with one of those.

The difinition of 'do a job' is 'be good'

Wayne Bridge will BE GOOD.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I am sure Bridge will do good job. He is a footballing left back who likes to get forward - so if Gus can get his head right which he did with Vicente - I look forward to seeing him marauding down the left for us.

It just leaves me a bit cold that we are taking a player that (a) we can't afford - to me the rules on this are plain wrong and (b) a bloke who clearly doesn't like the actual game - he is just good at it.

I understand what you're saying, but I'm curious as to how you've arrived at (b). Could you elaborate?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here