Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wayne Bridge rumours [Merged]

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
My mistake, thought he played LB. The only way Bridge will work out well for us is if he's got the fire back in his belly.

He was terrible for W Ham on loan for the last 6 games or so in the season before last.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Does seem to be a player who has lost his way and played very few games in the last 2 years,also he's on 90k a week at city aswell so a huge paycut of 80k a week if he was to join:lolol:

City would pay 80 us 10 according to the Sun. It's only a loan.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Didn't we have this EXACT rumour last season?

By next season, if it hasn't happened, it will be rivalling Kancheskis and Owen for groundhog day rumoured signings.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Didn't we have this EXACT rumour last season?

By next season, if it hasn't happened, it will be rivalling Kancheskis and Owen for groundhog day rumoured signings.

I think you're right. I'm sure I can remember something about him coming down to the Amex and being shown around. But he then turned us down.

I'm still not sure if he'd be any good for us as I think his appetite for the game has gone and he comes across as being a bit of a sulky girl.
In fact, he seems to have gone off on one great big sulk since JT did the naughties with his Mrs.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
My sources say that Bridge is having a medical today. Very reliable says my bro.

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
Don't get me wrong, it could be a great signing potentially, but do you think this is the "gem" signing Gus is talking about? I hope not...maybe I'm being greedy but I was expecting someone a little more "gemmy" shall we say..

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Don't get me wrong, it could be a great signing potentially, but do you think this is the "gem" signing Gus is talking about? I hope not...maybe I'm being greedy but I was expecting someone a little more "gemmy" shall we say..
He obviously has been pretty shite in the prem in recent years and to be honest seems like a player who's not interested anymore.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I think you're right. I'm sure I can remember something about him coming down to the Amex and being shown around. But he then turned us down.

I'm still not sure if he'd be any good for us as I think his appetite for the game has gone and he comes across as being a bit of a sulky girl.
In fact, he seems to have gone off on one great big sulk since JT did the naughties with his Mrs.

Indeed - I also seem to remember Mancini having a go along the lines of that he was quite happy to sit on the bench and take the money rather than go to another club. He's got the talent but it's his appetite that I'd be worried about. Otherwise don't know why no Prem club wants him.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
He was found out at West Ham when he went there on loan, .

People remember his shocking debut for WHU against I think Liverpool(?) where he was at fault for all the goals and was slaughtered on MOTD by Hansen. From there on he was pretty close to being WHU best player for the rest of his time there. He was outstanding and MOTM in a live match away at Spurs. I'd love him here but can't see it happening.

He was terrible for W Ham on loan for the last 6 games or so in the season before last.

So was he rubbish for WHU on loan or was he one of their best players? I'm confused

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Are you saying that Owen is signing? You're not the first to say it, so maybe there's something in this.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
I think that if he came in now and got a decent pre-season under his belt he will be immense for us at the back.
I have a very good feeling about this season!

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
Those who say we can't afford it. Just remember that we are likely to sell out every match this season again. The extra seats alone should bring in around £5,000,000 per season. We can afford him!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here