Wayne Bridge man of the match

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Bridge was quality but so was Vicente - tough call. I'd probably give it to Vicente because of his contribution to our winning goal.

What was his part in the goal? From what I remember it was good skill from Dicker right in the corner, to retain possession and lay it back to Bridge, who crossed for Orlandi to flick on to Lopez?

El-Abd wasn't.

I can think of at least 3 times Austin beat him in the air. One of those times Kuszcak made a wonder save, another time in the second half the header went inches wide of the far post, he should've scored. He then had another chance in the first half.

If they were going to score today, it was through Austin beating El-Abd in the air, they latched onto that fact.

Agree with this (except that the wonder save was from Jason Shackell). Austin was excellent, I thought. Far better than Jordan Rhodes last week.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I knew that line would come back at me, but f*** it I know what I was told

Haha. You were just fished in - it's not about who the north stand would like, it's about who the sponsors want a to be photographed with :lolol:

I maybe wrong in saying this but, a friend of mine sponsored the hull game which had to be picked by the 75min, they could not agree on anyone but Kuszczak, they were then told that he is not allowed to be picked as he is the home goalie and the north stand would not like it.

What next - they cannot pick El-Abd because he is to ugly for the after match photo ?

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
That Lopez cross field pass to Orlandi in the first half was just breath taking, but I thought the motm should have been Kuszczak, Bridge was also in the mix. But that save was just unbelievable.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Wayne Bridge, certainly not on a meal ticket, a great example. i would have him up there with Spanish Dave, another great performance a goal nearly two assists and a work rate also. Thought it was a solid performance although Burnley could have had three in the second half. No complaints though 3 points!!

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
That Lopez cross field pass to Orlandi in the first half was just breath taking, but I thought the motm should have been Kuszczak, Bridge was also in the mix. But that save was just unbelievable.

The whole ground thought it was in. I've not seen a stadium standing ovation mid-match for a long long time.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Great quote from Mr Naylor in todays Argus " The sponsors must have been bladdered when they awarded the man of the match to Vicente. The Spanish playmaker probed to customary effect in the opening 45 minutes but his impact waned. Bridge, meanwhile, was superb throughout.

The Stout Yeoman

Master Farter
Aug 14, 2003
59 Le Petomane Boulevard
I don't know if it was because I drank far less than normal due to man flu but Vicente was f***ing quality! The first 10 minutes was jaw dropping stuff, he was incredible and played the full 90 again. No surprise at all he got mom where I was sitting!
Where I was sitting he was subbed on 88 minutes but great performance again .... dont think we'll see him next season (unless we get promoted of course) ...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports